Other Motorsports (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Kieron, just a small note of appreciation, man. :thumbsup: Good music, good pilots feedback, great events!

Also good to know SA's motorsports are doing fine.

Good comments - some sound distortions though.

Have you tried to contact Motors TV? Sometimes, they show championships other than the obvious ones (British, Dutch, Italian, Spanish, German), this is good material, man.

I don't understand why anyone would want to build a copy/replica of a real life racetrack thats still/already in existence, let alone Nürburgring-Nordschleife.
If he REALLY wants to build a replica/copy of a real life race track, then why not one that no longer exists, there's plenty of awesome tracks out there that are no longer allowed to operate any more for various reasons....
Why not build one of them?
Also, with the real track being drawn into financial ruin, why aren't the operators of Nürburgring-Nordschleife trying to take him to court for copy right infringements & all those types of legal melarky?
Im sure if it happened to be the other way around & it was a US based track being copied, whoever it was would find themselves in an extensive legal battle lasting many years to great personal detriment!
Just another reason I suppose why we should all be signing the 'Save the 'Ring' petition....
I know I did.

This.

Why do that, when we already have this:

120mileLoop.jpg

Its the American way.
Disney built copies of real castles that exist in Western Europe and people flock to see them.
An American bought London bridge (thinking he was buying Tower Bridge apparently) and had it rebuilt in the US of A.

Can't fault his enthusiam though. With that enthusiasm and budget and some more skill on computer he would have been a hell of a modder don't you think?
I guess the land would have been a bargain compared to buying the Eiffel forest.
NB There will be radiator size and brake duct size implications for any original Nordschlief setups.

If he fills it with a fleet of nice cars for hire I will give it a look next time I am in Nevada.

Why don't we just build another Taj Mahal, Empire State Building, Eiffel Tower..... no. These are unique landmarks, as is the Nurburgring. This is the worst idea I have ever heard.

:roflmao:

Seriously, if the guy is going to do that... I'd just like it if motorsports in America received attention through it's own unique and characteristic track, not by some guy copying something that is already legendary. The exposure is great, but we should make something legendary of our own, especially if the real Ring gets saved and restored again.

:roflmao:

Seriously, if the guy is going to do that... I'd just like it if motorsports in America received attention through it's own unique and characteristic track, not by some guy copying something that is already legendary. The exposure is great, but we should make something legendary of our own, especially if the real Ring gets saved and restored again.

This.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 66 88.0%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 10 13.3%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 12 16.0%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 6 8.0%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 19 25.3%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 23 30.7%