Other Motorsports (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those promised videos:

- The Škoda 120 LS, with black hoods, should have been that one I could drive. It was wise to not giving her to me, she's hell of a car - my boss drives her and he went off few times, ruining suspension -> you can see how he's jump around corners missing the apex&exit :D But by his own words, he enjoyed the race... He scratched off one set of tires, but for him it's not problem to buy new ones.

According to me, I have nothing else to add what isn't in the video's description. :) Problems with fuel, my mistake and then slowing down due to worries.

Hello why would a race director "Clerk of the Coarse" instruct 2 drivers via the Marshall possibly 10 Metres away travelling at 74 MPH heading towards barriers? In the enclosed URL you can see it unfolding.'The race organiser Clerk of the Coarse declered it a Slick Tire race so yes in the Image they both were running cold slick tires. What should the Race director of done to prevent a fatally and a serious injury which has ruined my lifé?
Any training in this subject please state Thank you very much Daniel Yellow Flag merans-
Great danger slow down considerably. Be prepared to suddenly change from the projected racing line or take other evasive action including stopping if necessary ,why an eart h would the Clerk of the Coarse instruct a track Marshall to give out those signalls or the ??No overtaking.As shown in the

The race director made a mistake declaring the race as dry, so therefore slick tyres were used.

Then he instructed the marshall to show yellow flag in that corner, but the marshall was too close (like 10 meters) to it and the drivers had no time to react, which caused an accident that lead to serious injuries with terrible consequences for him.

The picture shows the position of the marshal, the state of the track, and maybe the two cars right before the accident.

This is what I understand.

Greetings to all.....
I watched this documentry the other night and it is very good, as well as tragic. Look for it. I have Comcast and live "on" USA EST....on at 9pm tonight, Thurs. June 14. Network caled VELO, maybe short for Velocity It is on at 12mid, and tommorow at 4am, 9am, 5pm (Friday 15th)
It is all about the battle between Jaguar and Mercedes that indirectly led to this tragedy. Accounts say between 80 and 120 killed and/or injured. They have the footage of how it happened. It is really interesting. The way spectators gathered....well you really took your life in your hands. I was suprised to learn that some of these cars, 57 years ago were reaching speeds of just over 190 mph!

This is the kind of thing you don't really forget once you've seen it, which shows from the fact that people are still talking about it over half a century after it has happened. Then again, it is motorsport's greatest tragedy.

Some more new video footage from a circuit near by..

Chris Kotze coming down the back straight when climbing on the brakes he noticed his brakes had failed... :O_o:

Some Supercars and Fine Cars action from June 2012 :)

Some Gti Challenge and Clubmans Racing action from Killarney Raceway.

Do enjoy and post comments if you guys want to see more improvements in some places and just let me know ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 41 85.4%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 8 16.7%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 4 8.3%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 15 31.3%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 15 31.3%