Old Skin Thread (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The file attachments are just cut outs from printscreens I made and therefore you cannot compare the file size. I'm using DXT1 and generating mipmaps and the body file size ends up in 1.3 MB.

However, when looking at your attachment, I see that you have chosen "compression: None". I don't have that option. The following attachment shows my options and what I've used.
saving_dds.PNG
I've tried to change between the otions, but still ending up with the same results :confused:
It's strange since it always worked before. Any suggestions?

paint.NET don't need a DDS-plugin neither, however I needed a .psd-plugin in order to be able to read the skin-remplates :p

Now I've tried GIMP. I loaded the .psd-file into the program. Then I flattened the image, clicked export and saved it according to your screen above (DXT1 and mipmap).

The result: Still terrible, but the "compression traces" have now moved around a bit (i.e. another result than paint.NET, but still a bad result).

What is happening? I'm scratching my head here :(

BTW, I missunderstood your figure above in my last post, I didn't get that the drop down-list was for "compression". Disregard the comment about you chossing compression as none.

On another note: Thank you Robert for trying to help me:)
/Andreas

Sorry for spamming my own thread, but I might have found the problem and I now need someone else to try it to see if the same problem appear for everyone.

The problem seems to be the color itself. I've tried some different colors and the "compression traces" only appears with purple.

Can anyone try to make a skin with hex:561766 (RGB: 86 23 102) and see if you get bad results aswell?

/Andreas

Hello, I have been looking for the x files for the WTCC/STCC cars to view in 3d simed to make paint easier but all the links are not working any more. Does anybody have any updated links?

Thank you very much

skyline.

Spent the day messing around again. WIP, based on the MX5 I have been driving the past couple of years. Nicked the windows from the Friday night skin pack just for a general idea.
Race_Steam 2012-08-05 18-04-15-20.jpg
Race_Steam 2012-08-05 18-04-35-80.jpg
Race_Steam 2012-08-05 18-04-15-20.jpgRace_Steam 2012-08-05 18-04-35-80.jpg

Attachments

• Race_Steam 2012-08-05 18-04-31-77.jpg
    Race_Steam 2012-08-05 18-04-31-77.jpg
    223.1 KB · Views: 269
I just don't get it! I've made a car skin and I've done what the tutorial says and it still won't show up in the game.
I've redone it so many times I'm sick of it. I don't believe that it's possible to get them to work. Has anyone else had this problem. I've made a lot of skins for other mods with no problem, why the heck does Simbin make there filing system so difficut to use.

Where abouts are you putting the skin and for what car?
If you use Steam there are 2 'Custom Skin' folders - the correct one is located at
...\Documents\SimBin\RACE 07\CustomSkins and another at ...\Steam\steamapps\yourname\race 07\CustomSkins - don't use this one.

Does the car you've created show in game but with a default livery or not at all? If it does the DDS might have been saved incorrectly. If it doesn't show at all I can only assume something is incorrect in the skins config file. If you send the files to me I can have a look if you want - simon@simspeedracing.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes