Old Skin Thread (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't know which one you are using Ross but there are 2 different DB9's with different template text as well.

one is
[Aston Martin DB9R]
body=
windows_ext=
windows_int=
driver=
ext_driver=
helmet=
wheelcolor=

and the other is
[Aston Martin DBRS9]
body=
windows_ext=
windows_int=
driver=
ext_driver=
helmet=
wheelcolor=

Don't know if this will help but I had a problem with a DB9 skin I made for someone.

The GT Pro Aston is the DB9R. My INI file looks exactly like you posted and the car skin + windows show up just fine. It's just the driver that isn't working. External definitely isn't, unsure about internal because I have visual wheel (and therefore driver arms) turned off.

One other question regarding numberplates: Which font do they use for WTCC2011?
As I don't have PS but GIMP the font layers were flatten and I'm not able reconstruct which font is used on the 10/11 numberplates :(
Anyone can tell me the name of the font? Thank you!

I removed the comment above. There is no need to start forcing reactions, and become insulting to people when you are not getting the reaction you are hoping for.

Yep, same as mine right down to the blue seatbelts. Not just an Aston Martin issue then.

It seems that perhaps there is an error in the car's INI file, the one that would be found in the GameData folder if you unpacked the game. There's a similar issue with some of the Retro cars, in that the exterior windows don't work for custom skins. The fix is to drop a corrected INI in the right place, but without knowing what needs to be corrected there's not a lot I can do.

It's a choice, not obligated. There is no need to start making messages like you did. If people like the post, they will push the button. You can't demand that.

If you have any further issues, send me a PM instead of posting here ok ;)

Many thanks to @Yves Larose for helping me out with this via PM.

2012-05-13_00001.jpg

Im just redoing some windows adding my own name for a primera for th supertouring car mod, im getting a strange issue with the windows when viewed externally with the glass looking almost frosted/cloudy. Anyone got and idea why that would happen??. Sorry im really noob to skinning its been driving me crazy!!!

Hi guys,

I'm having the same problem as mentioned above. My skins have always worked, but now they don't show up in the game anymore. I tried the flatten method aslo, but without any succes... Does anyone know what the problem could be?

Thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 11 16.2%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 9 13.2%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 9 13.2%
  • Thursday

Votes: 11 16.2%
  • Friday

Votes: 28 41.2%
  • Saturday

Votes: 32 47.1%