Old RACE 07 Articles (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
spa..jpg

Due to absence of drivers we have some free slots in the RD Touring Car Championship!

If you are a racing enthusiast and would love to battle with the best touring car drivers in SimBin's RACE On, then this is your chance to participate in the world's biggest RACE On league here at RaceDepartment and you will be on track starting this Sunday night during the second round of the championship at Spa-Francorchamps!

There are a few slots left, and all interested licensed members can sign up

Click this link to visit the RDTCC forum.

Please make sure you have read the format before you sign-up

thanks rhys for the article. guys we changed it a bunch so we have more people racing with us. if you race in a countrie without 4 drivers, talk with us and we'll help you out so you can race. we'll make sure everyone that wants to race can race with us with countries as realistic as possible.

I was sat in the RD Media Team office yesterday morning, making some final adjustments to an article when the phone rang. It was a member of the RDCCC Management asking me if I would like to attend a small press release at the Okayama Circuit. Naturally, I said yes, a little bemused by the lack of information and left wondering what it was all about.............

It was a long Haul over to the Okayama Circuit, but Bram had let me go First Class, a nice change from my WTM Boss Ryan Callan, he would have made me go by cattle truck if he could! Anyway, I finally arived at the track to be greeted by no less than Yves Larose, he was stood there with a huge grin on his face, hand outstreched, wearing some race overalls and a helmet under his left arm. After the usual 'polite' greetings, he gestured me toward a bay in the pits, "This is why I called you here Brian" Said Yves. Infront of me was a brand new Camaro Cup car, this was diffrent, a much leaner, meaner animal lay before my eye's.

"Its a CCR MkI, the new 2010 Camaro Cup Car" the excitment in Yves voice was obvious... "5700cc small block V8, this sucker's got 32 valves, pumps out 440 BHP at 5250 Rpm and a whopping 600 Nm at 4600!" The grin on Yves face was HUGE now. He handed me the helmet that had still been under his arm and climbed in the car, "Listen to this..." He Lifted the saftey cover on the Ignition switch, pressed it, then hit the starter button. After a few hessitant coughs, the Small Block V8 roared into life. Not the usual burble of a V8 idle, you could tell this monster was cammed to the hilt, he blipped the trottle, the engine responce was fast and powerful, the roar echoed thoughout the pits. Yves gestured again for the helmet I was holding for him,
I handed it to him through the drivers window and got my Camcorder out, heres
the Video I took...........

Awesome Vid By Yves, Awesome mod by Gunther :)

As always, the RD Media Team are first to bring you breaking sim racing news, stay tuned...

This is Brian Clancy, Signing off for now

Philip Antonia;583946 said:
Argh man. You're using the new Camaro this year!!

Really wish I could race in this series, but can't do weekdays:frown:.

Hope we get some good highlights vids during the season:).

Philip it may look like the Race On Camaro with more hip to it but the physic of the car will be as close as possible as the real 2010 Camaro cup car :wink:

Can't wait to hear this thing's engine note :wink:. And what great timing, with Chevrolet currently runing a prototype of a new hotter Camaro round, which is gunning for the Mustang GT500.

WILL definetly want to take part in this.

With the way you moved around to take that video Brian, I think you have to admit to "borrowing" the RD personal teleportation device :wink: Nice scoop though

Logo-Nations.pngTo all who have been concerned for the future of the upcoming season of the Nations Grand Prix, we have good news.

An agreement has been reached, and the Clio Cup mod will soon be available for download once again, but with a few minor differences. The mod will be available from a separate download source, for the private use of the league only. Unfortunately, this means that it will not be available for people not competing in NGP, but the short term future of this season has been secured!

For those not familiar with the story behind this news item, here is a short recap of the situation: The Clio Cup mod was originally a wide public release, but due to a dispute over the release rights of the mod, it was taken down. This put NGP into jeopardy, as the race directors had elected to use this mod for Season 3. Now, since we have the all-clear to use the mod, NGP season 3 can now go ahead without a hitch.

The download link will be supplied to the NGP team managers in due course, so that they may distribute the mod privately among their drivers. Any questions, just go to the Q&A thread in the Nations Grand Prix forum: http://www.racedepartment.com/nations-grand-prix/36280-ngp-s3-q.html

Signups are still open as far as I am aware, so if you want to represent your country in the RaceDepartment-supported world cup of virtual motorsports, drop in to the NGP forum for all the details!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes