Old RACE 07 Articles (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
spa..jpg

Due to absence of drivers we have some free slots in the RD Touring Car Championship!

If you are a racing enthusiast and would love to battle with the best touring car drivers in SimBin's RACE On, then this is your chance to participate in the world's biggest RACE On league here at RaceDepartment and you will be on track starting this Sunday night during the second round of the championship at Spa-Francorchamps!

There are a few slots left, and all interested licensed members can sign up

Click this link to visit the RDTCC forum.

Please make sure you have read the format before you sign-up

As you know RaceDepartment has a classic called 'Mini Friday'. Every Friday night, Simracers enjoy a great battle with Minis, on Race Series. And now 5 different photoshop artists designed club event pictures for this special event.

These designs are created for our RacingClubEvent Picture Competition's Week 1. Designers worked hard on creating those artistic bombs.

We have 5 designs and they need your votes to win, check out our poll thread and decide. Don't miss this chance to see some gorgeous art.

minifridaynew.png

The RD Media Team are proud to publish today a 'Scoop' report concerning 'Secret RDCCC Testing'!
After an insider leak to our intrepid reporter John 'snapper' Smith, he quickly made his way to the
Sturup Track to investigate..........

I arrived at the Sturup track early yesterday morning, at first there seemed to be very little going on, a few people were milling about in the paddock, but nothing very exciting. I settled down with my flask of coffee and began to wonder why I was here.

A few hours had passed and I was starting to think about heading home when a rush of activity in the paddock caught my eye, then the unmistakable growl of a chevy V8 echoed through out the track, I leapt to my feet from my hiding place and tried to get closer without drawing attention to myself! The V8 chourus grew louder, the throbing idle belaying the raw, harsh tone it developed when the throttle was dabbed! GOD that thing sounds EVIL I thought to myself.

I was now as close as I dare get without being seen. It was at this point that I realised in my rush to get closer, I had left my camara with the telephoto lens back in the bushes where I had been camped out, DAMN!. Luckily I still had my trusty camara phone, I managed to grab this short video clip before the car was hidden again in the padock.......

Once again the Media Team has bought you another amazing Scoop, but we wont rest here, you can be sure we will bring you all and any RDCCC news as and when it happens...........

This is Brian Clancy, Signing off till next time.

Season 3 of one of RaceDepartment's most popular leagues is now ready for action.

With league founder Ross Balfour finally posting the usual Intro and Info thread that comes with every league on RD, we can now reveal what the league administrators have planned for the Nations Grand Prix Season 3.

Logo-Nations.pngThe most drastic change from last season is the cars. NGP, for seasons 1 and 2, was an A1GP-inspired open-wheeler league – Season 1 used the Formula BMW cars from Race 07, while Season 2 made use of Race On's Formula Masters. Now, the series is being taken in a different direction, with Gunthar Rowe's conversion of Team Slo-Racing's Clio Cup mod for the RACE series being utilised for Season 3. This new formula is sure to result in even better racing, as many here on RD will be more familiar with low-powered tintops; not to mention the fact that there are limitations on what you can do with the setup, resulting in a level playing field all round!

The tracks are great, too – a killer lineup can be seen in the intro post for the league. Tracks such as Spa and Silverstone will be raced on in the league, along with other familiar greats among the tracks available for the RACE series.

There's also a new format. Instead of the old A1GP-style sprint and feature race system, we now have two 30-minute races – the first being a rolling start behind a Safety Car, another first for the league – for all rounds except the last, which will be a 60-minute endurance race offering double points.

Apart from offering a wonderful blend of spec racing and the usual casual fun that comes with online sim racing, NGP also comes with an attractive aim: for drivers to represent their countries. We have many people of various nations racing on RaceDepartment, so it should not be much trouble getting together at least four of your countrymen to race for pride and glory. After all, who doesn't enjoy a good stoush between nations? There's heaps of room – if need be, Ross and his fellow admins will run a second division depending on the number of signups. Up to 50 nations competing on-track – what a thought.

So if you're interested, head over to the signup thread here. Get ready to compete in RaceDepartment's adrenaline-fuelled fight for the world cup of virtual motorsports!

Nations Grand Prix League Forum

Nations Grand Prix Intro and Info Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%