Old RACE 07 Articles (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
spa..jpg

Due to absence of drivers we have some free slots in the RD Touring Car Championship!

If you are a racing enthusiast and would love to battle with the best touring car drivers in SimBin's RACE On, then this is your chance to participate in the world's biggest RACE On league here at RaceDepartment and you will be on track starting this Sunday night during the second round of the championship at Spa-Francorchamps!

There are a few slots left, and all interested licensed members can sign up

Click this link to visit the RDTCC forum.

Please make sure you have read the format before you sign-up

Racing accidents can always happen in any form of racing. Therefore they'll also occur in virtual races.

Though the driving standards at RD are pretty high and the majority of the people is behavng perfectly the club should be the first place where you enjoy racing for fun, not for winning.

Its absolutely irrelevant if you finish last or first, as long as you enjoy yourself. The leagues is the place to fight (clean) for the points and victory.

It will be for the better Ill promise you :)

@Poster above: do you need a lot of practice upfront if you race on a track you know already? I don't. I can just hop in a have fun.

Why would people press escape when there is a small incident? You just continue to race. If there are people that still do that just because they can't win, maybe they should find another place to race.

Its just a game people :)

Im looking forward to the changes in that case Bram.

As for practice not being nessesary on a track you already know maybe we should put this forward to racing teams in real life F1,MotoGp etc. It could save them heaps of money not have to run 3 practice seasons before they qualify :)

Good decision- i like having lap-times etc tracked as you can see your progress and also see what sort of times you need to aim for- but club races were getting a tad too messy, with far too many incidents.

Bram Hengeveld;777250 said:
Why would people press escape when there is a small incident? You just continue to race. If there are people that still do that just because they can't win, maybe they should find another place to race.

I don't know myself... But I usually see(not especially at RD, but in general) quite a lot of simracers who tend to press ESC whenever they crash/get involved in an incident. No matter if they are racing in a formal league race, a public race or a plain club event. I usually find this annoying, because whenever and wherever I race, I expect my fellow competitors to give their best until the end, which is what I (almost:cool:) always do.

Though I personally never really cared about my own rankings whatsoever, I belive they helped the few people of this kind to take club event seriously enough to give their best and finisih their races, instead of ragequitting. Which can only make the races closer and funnier.

Not saying I'm totally against scrapping the rankings though. I understand and agree with the idea behind this, and am overall for scrapping them.

I am really pleased to see the positive reaction to the disabling of the 'Rankings System'. I feel very confident that this will have a good effect on the driving standards in the Clubs, but I would also like to echo other peoples thanks to Dave S. for all his hard work, not just on this system, but throughout RD, Thanks Fella :)

pity to see all the hard and sensible work gone for nothing, thx for everyone involved in keeping it up and running.
Like someone else above I never bothered much but it was nice to come back every couple of weeks and see where you were headed.
I can see the wisdom behind having pressure reduced in club races, though. Not having done any club races (apart from rally) for ages, I am in no position to judge on declining standards, though.
Good luck with the follow up statistics system.

This post/poll is to find out who wants to race in the AGTC. Below is a brief overview of the league. If you feel man enough to race and compete in AGTC click YES

AGTC_Logo.jpg

With the ending of the triumphant 4th season of the American Touring Car Championship, we are left with a void in the hearts and souls of the racers who graced ATCC with their presence. This is where the American Grand Touring Championship (AGTC) comes in.

The American Grand Touring Championship is a 5 race series that spans over 10 weeks providing racing that will not only test driver skill, but strategy in the pits as well. With the league using 2x tire and 2x fuel at different times throughout the season and with 2 weathered races along side of a Night race for a finale….AGTC will prove to be exciting for both the racers and for the viewers watching the live broadcasts.

League: American Grand Touring Championship (AGTC)
Season: 1 (2011)[/FONT]]Game Required: Race 07 + GTR Evolution (Car SimRacingPro BMW Z4 T ONLY)

Introduction
The American Grand Touring Championship is a 5 race series that spans over 10 weeks providing racing that will not only test driver skill, but strategy in the pits as well. With the league using 2x tire and 2x fuel at different times throughout the season and with 2 weathered races along side of a Night race for a finale….AGTC will prove to be exciting for both the racers and for the viewers watching the live broadcasts.

Calendar

April 29th - 60 Minute Feature @ Spa Francorchamp (2x Tire / 2x Fuel Wear)
May 13th – 90 Minute Endurance @ Sebring 12hr (Weather forecasted 1x Tire / 1x Fuel)
May 27th- Sprint Race 2x30 Minutes @ Track TBD (2x Tire / 2x Fuel wear)
June 10th– 60 Minute Feature @ Road America or Watkins Glen GP (50% Wet 1x Tire / 2x Fuel)
June 24th – 90 Minute Endurance @ Nurburgring Endurance (Night race 2x Tire / 2x Fuel)

Time Schedule:

These times are for Saturday GMT / Friday EST[/FONT][/SIZE]

2:00 AM GMT (9:00pm EST)- Practice
2:30 AM GMT (9:30pm EST)- Qualification: 15mins – Super pole ( except Nuburgring race = 20mins )
2:45 AM GMT (9:45pm EST)- Warm up: 10mins
2:55 AM GMT (9:55pm EST)- Race - One mandatory pit per race with 2 tire change.

Points System

Points will be determined based on number of entries.
There will be 2 servers if there is enough interest in the league, similar to the ATCC structure.

Weight Penalties

The weight penalties are collective. This means if you win Race 1 and Race 2 you will have 60kg added to your car for Race 3.

You will only have weight removed from your car if you already have it added. IE: if you have no weight penalties and you finish 12th you will NOT have 30kg removed from your car.

If you disconnect or DNF after 80% of the laps, you will have the full 30kg removed from your weight penalty. If you disconnect or DNF before that you will only remove 15kg.

Feature and Endurance race weight penalties:

1st: 30kg
2nd: 20kg
3rd: 10kg
4th: 0kg
5th: -5kg
6th: -10kg
7th: -15kg
8th: -20kg
9th: -25kg
10th – Last: -30kg

Sprint race weight penalties:

1st: 15kg
2nd: 10kg
3rd: 5kg
4th: 0kg
5th: -2kg
6th: -5kg
7th: -7kg
8th: -10kg
9th: -12kg
10th – Last: -15kg

Attendance / Accountability

***If you signup for the league you are REQUIRED to attend all 5 races, if you miss one race without notification you will not be allowed to race the remainder of the season, and could affect your entry into other Touring Pro Series leagues***

Skins/Liveries

ALL DRIVERS MUST USE A CUSTOM SKIN

Team/Driver skins are ONLY to be used by the individual Driver or members of that specific team, and no one else during the AGTC season. All skins will be compiled and are required to be downloaded by everyone participating in AGTC.

All custom skins in AGTC, must bear the AGTC, MultiBC, RaceDepartment, and SimRacingPro logos.

Here is a link to the series logos: Link will be posted in real intro/info thread

Size: Please keep your custom skin files as small as possible. From discussions in the skins thread, 1.5 MB seems to be reasonable, do everything in your power to keep them UNDER that size to prevent issues with mini-dumps.

ALL OF THIS INFO IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE UNTIL THE OFFICIAL INTRO/INFO THREAD IS POSTED. This post is to gauge interest and establish server format.

James Fellows;777359 said:
It will be interesting to see if this does actually improve driving standards :wink:
i agree, and it will be more quiting race after few laps...and one big question how will decide who will race in next session of RDTTC-a, who is ok driver and who not? or will be some qualifications races? or it will be only statistic wher u will see who quit more..etc..

Ethan Bass;780401 said:
When will I be able to look at my past results. Thats what I liked about the system. I'm doing testing around Nurburgring, and I can't see where my lap times are at, relative to my last time round there.

in the next couple of weeks. big push is on now to get it done ;)

I never looked at my ranking, I always ranked myself on how clean I drove and to me I was always top 5, might start doing Race Series club events again when people get used to a more relaxed racing atmosphere:D.

The fourth season of RDGTC marks the return of an iconic car to RaceDepartment. One of our most succesful leagues in recent history was the BMW M3 league in 2007/08 for Simbin’s GTR 2 simulation where no less than 62 drivers fought for the win. Eventually the alien from Finland Marko Hartikainen claimed the overal victory with Marko Jozef and Roy Visser completing the podium.

Today we welcome back the BMW M3 GT2 into our community as the Beast from Munich will be the star featuring in a new five round championship.

From the newly released Chayka circuit in the Ukrain the best sim racers in the world travel to Brno, Valencia, Monza and will end the season in the eastern parts of Germany. At the Motorsport Arena in Oschersleben the decision will be made who will become our next champion in our prestigious league.

Every licensed member and owner of SimBin's RACE 07 plus the GT Power Pack expansion is welcome to join the championship. Find more information about RDGTC S4 outlines and how to sign up for these five 90 minute races in the RD GT Championship forum.

Will you become Marko Hartikainen's successor?

gtctv.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play