Old RACE 07 Articles (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
spa..jpg

Due to absence of drivers we have some free slots in the RD Touring Car Championship!

If you are a racing enthusiast and would love to battle with the best touring car drivers in SimBin's RACE On, then this is your chance to participate in the world's biggest RACE On league here at RaceDepartment and you will be on track starting this Sunday night during the second round of the championship at Spa-Francorchamps!

There are a few slots left, and all interested licensed members can sign up

Click this link to visit the RDTCC forum.

Please make sure you have read the format before you sign-up

Very dissapointing to see the race statistics + track history + infractions and so on go.

The only thing what was not needed was all that involved the points + positions, the rest was great imho ;(

Having the stats + the infraction system, gave an extra motivation to improve oneself and learn how to drive fair & clean, at least for me...

Shame as it was a nice touch that you don't get elsewhere. I wasn't too worried about where I ranked partly as I've had so many DNFs through connection problems.
I never felt it affected how I drove in the races or which races I entered having a decent battle is more important to me than winning.
That said it was a nice feeling to see how you'd done the next day, a sense of acheivement in a way moving up from the lowly position when I first started here climbing to the dizzy heights of 15th of one point :D. However pathetic that may sound I will be sad to see them go.

I personally agree with this decision, it should help bring the Racing Club back to the "Club" atmosphere that is is supposed to be. I don't think the overall RD rankings were too meaningful anyway since only Race On and rF (I assume) were counted .

Good to see the Stats part continue, and hopefully be expanded, they will be very useful for drivers to see their progress.

Huge thanks to Dave for his tireless work in developing and maintaing the stats. :thanks:

As the numbers grew it started to take a lot of time to make the results right. Another benefit should be the time I spent adjusting results can now be spent bringing new features to the statistics and wider sight, and reduce my guilt of spending time dont those things even when I knew there are people with outstanding issues in the support threads.

How will racers be penalized for poor conduct in a race ?

I know we have the RD Rules and Regs but if there is no punishment in place for breaking them I think racers will push the boundries of fair racing to the limit.

I think also its going to be to easy to hit that dreaded escape button when not doing so well in a race or after the first corrner pile ups.

I read somewhere in a comment about not having to practice so much for events, just being able to turn up and have fun. Surley this will only lead to madness, turning up to a track you don't know, with no setup and trying to race with 25 other people.

Dave Stephenson;776746 said:
I can confirm that its not an April fools thing. :)

OMG You guys are serious about this :confused:!? Well I suppose for an April's Fools joke this would be waay too obvious, and if the number of positive comments here is any measure, it would be a bad joke indeed.

I guess I haven't been around long enough to witness any decline in Club Racing atmosphere, and personally I never would take any ranking that serious, but hey, you guys know best.

Also big thanks to Dave S. for all his efforts, and I'm glad that the Stats part of it will be continued.

Though I more or less agree with this, I belive Dan has a strong point here:

Dan Allinson;777019 said:
How will racers be penalized for poor conduct in a race ?

I know we have the RD Rules and Regs but if there is no punishment in place for breaking them I think racers will push the boundries of fair racing to the limit.

I think also its going to be to easy to hit that dreaded escape button when not doing so well in a race or after the first corrner pile ups.

I read somewhere in a comment about not having to practice so much for events, just being able to turn up and have fun. Surley this will only lead to madness, turning up to a track you don't know, with no setup and trying to race with 25 other people.

For me one of the point of the rankings was to establish an half-formal atmosphere, and limit ragequits/careless driving by giving negative points to those doing so. I hope no one is gonna take bad habits after they get scrapped.

Anyway, as Warren said the rankings didn't really have any meaning as a whole, since they were basically based on 2 sims, with events of very different nature and standards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 13 12.6%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 10 9.7%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 10 9.7%
  • Thursday

Votes: 12 11.7%
  • Friday

Votes: 40 38.8%
  • Saturday

Votes: 58 56.3%