Old GTR Evo modding threads (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I probably should say something too - this Surfer's is the best out there for any sim. Way more accurate, fun to drive, and better-looking, than the Codemasters one. Thanks FVR, I'll be driving this for a long time to come. :wink:

Simbin uses my "ini´s" from this mod. I looked after the update in the new gfc-Files and what did I see, the timecode of 4 files are the same at mine.
18.Okt 2009
lol - I´m now an Simbin-Programmer... lol
But there is an fault in my game now...Seat Leon 2008 does not work again. The INI is left again.

I am sorry to bother you guys but i got race 07 about a year ago and i love it
sadly i know almost nothing about computers so i joined this website thingy to see if i could expand.
I saw this mod and thought it looked pretty cool but i dont know where on my computer to put it so it would be great
if someone helped me out because the forums are useless
thanks of your time
-joe

Hi Joe, firstly it will depend on whether you installed the Steam (on-line) version of Race 07 or if you have the off-line version.
You need to locate your main Race 07 folder, if it is a Steam install it will be under C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\ your username\Race 07 or something similar. If it was an off-line install, it will probably be under Program Files\Race 07 or something similar to that. The exact location will depend on where you installed Race 07.

The safest way to install it, is to unzip the file to a separate,temporary location ie. C:\unzipped (you may have to create one if necessary), anything will do, just so long as you can find it after unzipping. To unzip it, use WinRAR.

After unzipping, you should see two main folders:
GameData
UIData

Simply copy these two folders to your Race 07 folder, and let it overwrite any files if it asks.

That should be it, go enjoy the mod.

This mod stopped access to certain DL tracks running on a server (Phillip Island and Queensland, for example). The displayed error pointed to a mismatch in the track, but removing the mod from Race07ds folder allowed access to the tracks. The tracks were on my server and were the same files copied into their respective locations folders in Race07 and Race07ds.

Works offline great, though. I wanted to add some Mustangs to the Muscle Car mix. It works, but not online.

Just FYI.

• Deleted member 133

Downloads: A new file has been added by True2Life Racing:

FVRV8 2010 Aussie Racing Series v1.04

Welcome to the FVRV8 2010 Aussie Racing Series v1.04 by the FVRFactor.com mod team!!

This is the current Race 07/GTR Evo/STCC/RaceOn version of the all new 2010 FVRV8 rFactor mod and uses the same car models as from that mod.

Features added to the GTR Evo release:
- Custom Skin support using the "CustomSkins" folder .ini system
- Animated wipers
- Wet tyres tyre physics models
- Functioning Rain/Dirtscreen

Known issues:
- Non-adjustable Final Rear Diff Ratio. The Aussie V8 Series use fixed gearbox ratios with 4 final diff ratios to choose from. GTR Evo doesn't support this being adjustable, so we have made the gearbox adjustable with all ratios that would be available in via those 4 diffs.
- If you select Heavy Rain, the AI won't get the correct tyres, this is due to Simbin not working corectly with more than 2 tyre compounds.

-#-#-#-#-#-
Pre-installation
- please delete the following folder

C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\**you-user-name**\race 07\GameData\Teams\FVR_Addons\FVRV8_2010

-#-#-#-#-#-

Installation:
- extract to main Race07 folder

e.g.

C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\**you-user-name**\race 07\

-#-#-#-#-#-

Hi Res Skins Installation:
- within each teams folder is a sub folder called HiRes, copy all files from within the HiRes and paste them in the main team folder.

e.g.

Copy all files in here:
C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\**you-user-name**\race 07\GameData\Teams\FVR_Addons\FVRV8_2010\FORD\2010 Dick Johnson Racing\HiRes

and paste to here:
C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\**you-user-name**\race 07\GameData\Teams\FVR_Addons\FVRV8_2010\FORD\2010 Dick Johnson Racing

and repeat for each team you want to run HiRes Skins.

-#-#-#-#-#-

This Mod wouldn't have been possible without:

- FlashQld, FVRFactor Founder
- Ferret40, FVRFactor Founder
- dbens1
- Simbin (of course)
- You, the Sim Racing Community!
- True2Life-Racing.com

-#-#-#-#-#- Changelog -#-#-#-#-#-

V1.04

- corrected Race Session bug
- corrected MoTeC not showing in online server sessions
- adjusted gear shift animations
- adjusted centre mirror
- corrected tyre compound changing between sessions

-#-#-#-#-#-

V1.03

- Initial 2010 public release

Enjoy and please feel free to join up at www.FVRFactor.com and say hi etc.

Cheers,

Günthar Rowe

• Deleted member 133

Downloads: A new file has been added by Eric Nelson:

Porsche 997 RSR / Ferrari F430 GTS DETUNED

here is the Detuned version of these cars to compete with the GT Sport class stock cars.

you will need to install the GT SPORT ADD ON folder into the following path,

C:\Programfiles\steam\steamapps\yoursteamname\race07\gamedata\TEAMS

this should put the Pcar and Ferrari into your default GT Sport class screen when you sleect that class in the game.

hope it works! I am recreating this file from my own game installation so not 100% guaranteed to work.

Anything that needs to be noted about the installation please write it in a comment screen and I will update this instructions!

thanks!

Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering