Old GTR Evo modding threads (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPM - OFM - Ross Balfour has been updated!

ifmrpm_dv1.jpg

ifmrpm1_hSQ.jpg

Downloads: A new file has been added by FlashQld:

Surfers Paradise by FVR

Okay we have the latest upgrade to Surfers Paradise WIP3 for EVO/RACE ON

We have tried desperately to get the AI as fast as possible but unfortunately you freaks will have to turn the AI up. If you have ever edited AI - you'd understand the trials and tribulations that we experience, especially Doug.

We have changed several things as follows.

The ripple strips we have removed the bumps.
The esses we have changed the shapes slightly - closer to the real thing.
The fences are similar but minor changes.
The bump - the bump has been changed but its still there.

The tyre bales, unfortunately we either make them solid or we do what we have done. They are a drive thru bale but inside the bale is a mound, you hit that mound sideways and your car may flip. That mound slightly protrudes the tyre bale on purpose. Hit the mound dead on and you may stop or do some damage. Hit the edge it may lift your car on two wheels, it may smack you into the wall. It will damage your car. Don't drive thru them and you'll survive. They will cause damage. Unfortunately there is no other way we can make them solid and moveable and create the realism. Don't drive thru them, don't drive thru them. Shortcut the track and you will get a penalty unless you slow down.

The grip level of the track is standard 1.0 effect, nothing special there.
We've added more trees, more 3D buildings and stands.

We've still got mountains out in the ocean. But in theory you won't see them.

Extract the track to your Locations folder, preferably deleting your old FVRGoldCoast folder.

In your Userdats\yourname\Settings\FVRGoldcoast folder, place your standard setup and call it FVRGoldCoast.svm this will make the AI cars use that setup and fuel levels.

Now hopefully you have read all of this and now you agree to download the track - oh yeah blah blah blah don't rip it apart and post anywhere - big thanks to Ferret40 and dBens1 for their hard work and everyone that commented on the or donated to the last version. We appreciate it.

If you find any weird things let us know asap so we can get it sorted quickly.

If you wish to make a donation to say thanks for all that hard work we try to do we would never say no
http://www.fvrfactor.com/web/Donate.htm

Downloads: A new file has been added by Robin Johansson:

Carrera Cup Scandinavia

Here is the Carrera Cup Scandinavia 2009 for the race07 series.

its 25 cars in the mod.
all cars have them correct names and colors.
if you set the AI to 100% they drive same laptimes as irl.
this car is made for swedish tracks :)

Credits
Skins: Robin Johansson
Model: Simbin
Physics: Simbin and modifie by Robin Johansson

Maybe these are bugs, but I don't like the interior texture quality (very! lowres) and they have a way too slow top speed of only ~210kph @nords (a less powerful WTCC car has ~260kph at the same spot). :neutral:

Attachments

• porsche.jpg
    porsche.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 298
Maybe these are bugs, but I don't like the interior texture quality (very! lowres) and they have a way too slow top speed of only ~210kph @nords (a less powerful WTCC car has ~260kph at the same spot). :neutral:
i new its top sped is just 210 and i will fix it mabye. but its made for the swedish tracks and thats the right speed for them.
i will check if i can get more top speed and dont lose the nice feeling in the bends

Nice mod, I do like the feel of these cars and they are great fun round the STCC tracks.

Increasing the top speed as previously suggested may not work well for the STCC tracks, the cars may well be just too fast.

I like them as they are :wink2:

I think these cars are perfect for 80% or more of the tracks available for the Race series - which are short to medium length.

I just can't stop racing these! :fwd:

Great job! Thank you :)

Like the title says. Last year such cars drove in the German ADAC championship. They have been produced by Engstler as a cheap alternative to the E90.

An E90 must undergo heavy maintenance on the engine ever 15.000 km while an E46 engine only has to do it ever 30.000 km.

So mod gods is this possible?

Edit:

Download The ADAC Pro Car Here (mod by Gunthar Rowe)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 422 16.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 281 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 276 10.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 192 7.6%