Tracks Okayama [W.I.P] scratch made

Are you talking about the angle from where Google takes images for the Maps?
Yeah, technically you could measure it from tall buildings.
oXUCoJY.jpg

For example this is 15 floors of balconies, assuming it's residential (which I know cause I'm familiar with the building) it's about 3m per floor meaning in 45m of height it moved 6.7m sideways.
Using trig you can work out that this photo was taken about 8.5 degrees from vertical.

Google Maps composes the images from strips (airplane flies over taking photos in lines) so at the scale of a race track this isn't going to be a single number, it's gonna depend where those planes were.

Yeah, technically you could measure it from tall buildings.
oXUCoJY.jpg

For example this is 15 floors of balconies, assuming it's residential (which I know cause I'm familiar with the building) it's about 3m per floor meaning in 45m of height it moved 6.7m sideways.
Using trig you can work out that this photo was taken about 8.5 degrees from vertical.

Google Maps composes the images from strips (airplane flies over taking photos in lines) so at the scale of a race track this isn't going to be a single number, it's gonna depend where those planes were.

That value will also change side to side and top to bottom in a single image as well, because of the perspective.

Interesting note about the planes - I thought it was all from satellites

I believe their high altitude ones (when you zoom out) are satellites to get 100% earth coverage but the good resolution over cities (and probably most of the US by now) is planes.

I drove it today in AC ;)
I drove the version converted from rF2 for AC a few days ago. Quality is terrible to say the least, track surface obscenely bumpy, so much smoother in rF2.

I bought rF2 yesterday just to drive AMP, that is how much I love this track! hahah.

As I post this I ponder about how amazing a version by Mitja Bonca for AC would be :confused::sneaky::whistling:

What did u think of the layout ? It reminds me of a more mature version of Bilsterberg

I took rf2`s version as a reference, will be on same if not higher level.
Sorry to disappoint you, but layout seems to be nothing special, very slow track, difficult to pass. And hard for having some serious racing on it, because it`s so narrow too. But environment inside which the track lays it`s nice. It`s mainly intended for slower cars.
Need to do quite some modifications and new things to suit to 2017.

Last edited:
I took rf2`s version as a reference, will be on same if not higher level.
Sorry to disappoint you, but layout seems to be nothing special, very slow track, difficult to pass. And hard for having some serious racing on it, because it`s so narrow too. But environment inside which the track lays it`s nice. It`s mainly intended for slower cars.
Need to do quite some modifications and new things to suit to 2017.

The Mazda MX5s would probably be perfect for AMP considering its width!

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.