F1 2011 Official Patch 1 Thread

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
Patch Announcement by Codemasters

Hi all,

We're going to be using this sticky thread to keep you updated with regards the latest game patching status. We'll keep it updated whenever we get new information.

Patch 1 - During the game submission process for F1 2011 the team continued to work on the game, refining, polishing and tweaking and those updates were included in the patch released as follows:

PS3 Status - Released

Xbox 360 Status - Patch has now passed submission, we are now waiting for a confirmed release date.

PC Status - Patch has now passed submission, due for release at approx 10pm GMT on 4th Oct

Patch 2 - The Dev team and QA are currently investigating a number of issues reported by players and trying to reproduce these in a test environment.

Please continue to submit your feedback about any game issues you find in our Tech & Game Support Forums being as thorough as you can possibly be. We're constantly passing on this feedback to the development/QA teams for investigation and review. Your input is much appreciated and of great help, thank you!

Stop !! Before you update your game
Click here

Download links for Patch 1
Click here

lol .. the patch is that the madness had before 40fps always loose and now it's always 19 to 24 fps and really bad if you drive in the box ... there are only 15 fps thanks ... no down again very quickly the **** pffffff

XBOX Well, got home and decided to have a quick drive before dinner and got the immediate message that there was a 4mb patch to be downloaded. It did that but ever since I get the message that the game couldn't start and I should try downloading again.. WTH how do I do that!! SO frustrated with this game right now!!

Further to my post above does anybody know how I delete the patch download? Ever since it was downloaded I can no longer play the game. I have checked my download history and it doesn't appear there. I did have the game installed onto my Xbox HD but have deleted that but still the problem exists. This is driving me nuts!!!

XBOX Well, got home and decided to have a quick drive before dinner and got the immediate message that there was a 4mb patch to be downloaded. It did that but ever since I get the message that the game couldn't start and I should try downloading again.. WTH how do I do that!! SO frustrated with this game right now!!
uninstall the game and reinstall

With aldue respect, that's what I meant. But before I mentioned to T4RG4 the cost implication to some of us, there wasn't a standalone patch planned - check his replies to me (Ho3n3r) on Twitter, and you'll see what I mean.

And please don't insult my intelligence - of course I never suggested they send me a disc - my plea was on the standalone. There wasn't one planned about 3 hours ago.

I find it hard to believe that they didn't consider the patch as a stand-alone version(especially since it was available only 4 hour after your tweet....), however if they did I am honestly flabbergasted...seems like a crazy oversight seeing as how most games will have standalone patches either officially or from a 3rd party source.

And I didn't mean to insult your intelligence, but frankly across lots of forums there were people complaining about the same thing, it seemed like the next wave of complaints. You need to realize that when you stand to an opinion you will usually be branded as one of the mass until you prove otherwise(as you now have in my eyes).

I find it hard to believe that they didn't consider the patch as a stand-alone version(especially since it was available only 4 hour after your tweet....), however if they did I am honestly flabbergasted...seems like a crazy oversight seeing as how most games will have standalone patches either officially or from a 3rd party source.

And I didn't mean to insult your intelligence, but frankly across lots of forums there were people complaining about the same thing, it seemed like the next wave of complaints. You need to realize that when you stand to an opinion you will usually be branded as one of the mass until you prove otherwise(as you now have in my eyes).
yes they seriously weren't going to release a standalone patch as he (t4rg4) said it on codies forum somewhere

I never cease to be amazed how so, so many people think "the less grip there is, the more simulator it is", if you're going fast on a F1, it should have tons of grip, it should move like a bloody train on rails, and even if you're not going fast it has plenty of grip as long as you're not flatting your pedal 24/7.

Well, just in case anyone else runs into this same problem on Xbox I resolved it by clearing the cache (thanks Ben..) and the game then started up, prompting me to download the patch again and this time no problems. Must have been dodgy download originally.

PHEW!! Had me worried there....

Now how do I know I have the patch? What indication is there to show this as there doens't appear to be any version information anywhere.

Great - no hard feelings.

From my side this started when I tweeted him about where to download it from since I don't have internet and the patch was already released on GFWL, and his reply was 'Most things require internet these days', which is another way of saying 'get internet', I thought.

And I clearly see the point of everyone should have internet - it's just that some of us simply can't afford it, luckily mobile data on my cheap phone and opera mini is relatively cheap, so that I can type this, but full-on internet simply is out of the question at the moment.

Anyway, all's well that ends well. Cheerio.

Great - no hard feelings.

From my side this started when I tweeted him about where to download it from since I don't have internet and the patch was already released on GFWL, and his reply was 'Most things require internet these days', which is another way of saying 'get internet', I thought.

And I clearly see the point of everyone should have internet - it's just that some of us simply can't afford it, luckily mobile data on my cheap phone and opera mini is relatively cheap, so that I can type this, but full-on internet simply is out of the question at the moment.

Anyway, all's well that ends well. Cheerio.

Yeah I checked your convo on twitter- wow. Dev guys must have had a hell of a vacation...

for those who get the message after the patch saying "cd/dvd check error...", do the folowing:

removed description and links of how to bypass game security.

We do not, and will not, ever, support illegal content / software, this includes No CD cracks etc.

• Deleted member 22120

One thing I noticed was the little sound, that is now played when DRS is available in the race. Not sure if it was there before the patch

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back