F1 2011 Official Patch 1 Thread

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
Patch Announcement by Codemasters

Hi all,

We're going to be using this sticky thread to keep you updated with regards the latest game patching status. We'll keep it updated whenever we get new information.

Patch 1 - During the game submission process for F1 2011 the team continued to work on the game, refining, polishing and tweaking and those updates were included in the patch released as follows:

PS3 Status - Released

Xbox 360 Status - Patch has now passed submission, we are now waiting for a confirmed release date.

PC Status - Patch has now passed submission, due for release at approx 10pm GMT on 4th Oct

Patch 2 - The Dev team and QA are currently investigating a number of issues reported by players and trying to reproduce these in a test environment.

Please continue to submit your feedback about any game issues you find in our Tech & Game Support Forums being as thorough as you can possibly be. We're constantly passing on this feedback to the development/QA teams for investigation and review. Your input is much appreciated and of great help, thank you!

Stop !! Before you update your game
Click here

Download links for Patch 1
Click here

thanks for the upload. They've put a bad taste in my mouth with this whole situation though.

Should be standard that we get patch notes regardless of how big or small a patch is, and even worse after the community as a whole makes it clear they want some clarification on whats contained they basically tell us to shove it.

As i see it's a list of bul#$^it.... Does it fix crash to desktop and corrupt savegame problems, and buggy set ups???? That's the point of making a patch ...

That probably explains why no patch notes. Probably just huge coding blunders they easily recognised which will have no real effect for most of us. Sounds like if you do not have any loading time and FPS issues - like me -, this patch is not for you.

I think a lot of people here who write the following sentence: ‘’I do not have the internet connection, can’t download the patch! Fu*** you codemasters’’ or ‘’what a shame! Why do they require an internet connection for this??!’’ simply have to admit – ‘’ I do not have the legal copy of the game, but I want the patch!’’ instead of offending the codemaster’s hard work that simply deserves to be PAID!!!

As i see it's a list of bul#$^it.... Does it fix crash to desktop and corrupt savegame problems, and buggy set ups???? That's the point of making a patch ...

no to defend cm but they said a couple of times that patch nr1 was intended to be a release patch (but sonys and microsofts qa team had to test it first thats why its 2 weeks late)! so no bug fixes (11 spring bug) or other tweaks because the feedback from the consumers will be acknowledged with the 2nd patch! or at least thats what the say...

no to defend cm but they said a couple of times that patch nr1 was intended to be a release patch (but sonys and microsofts qa team had to test it first thats why its 2 weeks late)! so no bug fixes (11 spring bug) or other tweaks because the feedback from the consumers will be acknowledged with the 2nd patch! or at least thats what the say...

I totally agree with you... And remember that Patch 2 will follow on Patch 1, thus if you don't have patch 1 installed, patch 2 won't work or won't be as effective and might break other things.

Some people can't afford internet connection at home so i guess they don't have the right to update the game according to codemasters.
That's ok, it's going to be removed anyway... i will never buy codemasters product again, only after reading all the user reviews after 1-2 months of the release date. This is the perfect way to know what you are buying.

Some people can't afford internet connection at home so i guess they don't have the right to update the game according to codemasters.
That's ok, it's going to be removed anyway... i will never buy codemasters product again, only after reading all the user reviews after 1-2 months of the release date. This is the perfect way to know what you are buying.

Sorry but if you don't have internet you need to get up to date with the times....jesus the last time i didnt have internet was in like 1998.

Kinda agree with T4RG4: its 2011 and most of the buyers of F1 2011 do have an internet connection.

Did you expected them to send you a disc with a patch? :) What alternatives do they have to distribute a patch?

Bram, Ben, I have to disagree here.
I had genuine problems with F1 2010, I can no longer access the GFWL account that holds my game serial number, so am unable to play it online. I have been careful this time, to set up a local profile, and I do not want to connect to collect the patch.
Secondly, I have every right to be able to save the patch for any future re-installs that I might do.
It is easy for CM to offer the patch to someone like Rd to list it in their downloads, if they can't setup the facility themselves on the official game site, though I find that hard to believe, as they offer wallpaper and video clips on the site already.And although you correctly state we are mostly connected to the net, there ARE still people who buy the game on DVD but do not have web access at home, or very poor access (56k modems).
I am not one of the unnecessary whingers, I am very pleased with the game. But if they don't post the patch for download somewhere, CM are letting us down a bit here - it is easy to do, and it is still normal practice, if they care about all their customers.

Sorry but if you don't have internet you need to get up to date with the times....jesus the last time i didnt have internet was in like 1998.

Well here in Greece, you get paid (if you work, 40% unemployment) 800euros per month for most people. Internet costs 50 euros per month and you have to pay 300 euros per month to rent a house, so do the maths, it can't be done. Internet can't be a priority here. I had internet years ago...

Cocked support for 2010 was the main reason I was wary over getting 2011. Codies are lazy, they can't be bothered to release patch notes or a standalone version? The statement that it's the year 2011 is just an excuse, their is no excuse for not releasing patch notes.

I looked at this patch myself. The AI tweak is just T-bone recovery behaviour. I compared all AI files side by side and that is the only difference. There is a new action map for a thrustmaster wheel. There are some new Japanese language files. Some anim changes. Nothing major.

This - combined with Bram's message - is frankly inconsiderate. As I said before, I WANT internet, I just can't justify spending 20% of my expendable salary on internet. It's ridiculously expensive in South Africa, really I would LOVE to have access internet at home.

Also, this is not an excuse, as a developer is supposed to cater for ALL eventualities - surely if it was so easy for Schoof to post a stand-alone link, why couldn't Codemasters do it themselves?

Defending the developers doesn't take away the fact that many people WANT but simply can't afford internet.

Please be reasonable and see that other people's needs are different than your own.

Well here in Greece, you get paid (if you work, 40% unemployment) 800euros per month for most people. Internet costs 50 euros per month and you have to pay 300 euros per month to rent a house, so do the maths, it can't be done. Internet can't be a priority here. I had internet years ago...

Thanks. Someone else here who understands the situation. Everyone WANTS internet at home(excluding on their mobile phone).

Kinda agree with T4RG4: its 2011 and most of the buyers of F1 2011 do have an internet connection.

Did you expected them to send you a disc with a patch? :) What alternatives do they have to distribute a patch?

They can post it as a normal download, for registered users if piracy is the issue, that people can go to a netcafe or a friend's place to download and take home. It's 2011 after all, CM surely has online storage space... :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 357 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 251 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 179 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 302 13.3%