Oculus Rift support

I want to play penumbra with this and my novint Falcon controller. It´s better then hydra because you can feel texture and weight with them. It´s not just dual wii nunchucks. However it does make you locked but it´s not like you are going to build a mini computer or laptop and put it in a backpack and running around with the Rift ;)

Anyway I doubt hydra will ever kick off anymore then the Novint Falcon did.

This hardware is amazing!!!
watch

yes please..any Oculus Rift support is welcomed :)
I've been playing War Thunder with it after Gaijin released official Rift support and whilst it's early days and does need some tweaking it's a great start :)
Now just need to get one or two racers 'rifted' officially :)

I look forward to the tests, but I probably will not buy these glasses ....
In the past, I already buy the Vuzix VR920 (one of the best at the time) and it worked well, good graphics, good 3D rendering but .....
http://www.vuzix.com/consumer/products_vr920.html#features
to play FPS is beautiful but for racing games, no.
He said the video was like a tv 60 "screen you look at 6ft, and it's true, for me it is not really immersive when a cockpit appears 6ft to me it is not even in immersive 3D. Moreover, there is no peripheral vision. Moreover, wear these glasses on his head (even light) long period is disturbing. for me, the best is 3 screens even better with my Fresnel lenses.but this is personal to me. But i look forward to see more on this.

I hope you're right! but because of my bad experience with my VR900, I'm a little skeptical. I just read the experience of Marco Massarutto and this is very promising ....
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...340573865968938.100344.305504559475869&type=1

Marco Massarutto The first impression about the Oculus Rift, tested with a first AC test build: it's very immersive, so much to cause a bit of sickness due to the absence of g-forces while using with a static simulator. Lag is very limited; at the end of the first day with it, my opinion is that this display definition is good for development, for a first look or for casual usage. Nothing bad with it, this is a development kit and following the feedback from the E3, much probably the Full HD resolution of the retail version will make the Oculus a good or ideal device for massive usage. Despite its design, the device is not uncomfortable or heavy to wear. 3 pair of lens are included in the package in order to be adaptive for several kind of user vision. I've to say that the Oculus is better than I had expected in terms of immersion, at the point that the absence of g-forces can cause a bit of sickness when you drive at high speed, at least this is my case. While you handle the steering wheel, the "connection" between your body and the virtual world is perfect, so much that, if you gesticulate, you would expect to see your virtual hands moving as well, that's very cool and a bit strange. I'm pretty sure that seeing virtual hands on the steering wheel, guarantees a sort of connection between the user and his (lol) avatar that helps to be connected and "stay in". While, if you drive the car using a pad or the keyboard, you lose this sort of connection and it can cause a bit of disorientation. This week I will make some tests using also a motion simulator to verify if the combination between these devices can reduce the sickness. For today, that's all folks!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back