Oculus Rift support

Learn to type without looking at the keyboard, Mavis Beacon is your friend. Anyway who needs to type when racing :geek:

Pledged for the Dev kit when it kickstarted, so my fingers are crossed.

Just think of all the extra sales AC would get if it was the first confirmed Sim/racing title!! And it would be free publicity also for Rift and AC.

Yes, you did miss something, from FAQ:
What are the main steps I will need to take to integrate Oculus Rift with my game?

The two main steps for integrating the Oculus Rift are:

(1) Integrate Rift motion tracking with your character’s view camera transformation, enabling looking around the world, and

(2) Implement stereoscopic 3D rendering and optical distortion adjustment that produces the correct left/right eye image on the device.

I always thought that racing and flying sims are suited for this kind of devices like no other type of games. You sit like in the real thing, you have the same inputs as in the real thing, you see everything like in the real thing. The only difference is that you don't feel any g-forces. That's why I'm very excited about any progress in this field.
High resolution VR helmet + some sort of TrackIR device that detects your hand movement = epic epicness.

Off topic but this would be perfect for married men whos wives have let themselves go. You could load up software to make your wife look like any woman you want. Problem is she wont want anything to do with your nerd ass with the goggles on. Maybe get her a pair too? Then you could have special celebrity night. PSY meets Susan Boyle anyone? Gross.

Question for devs.
Do you know about Oculus Rift? - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oculus_Rift
If so do you plan to implement support for it?
Dev kits should be available in march at cost about 300$.

This would be a dream come true for a simracer.

Yes, AC has ordered a dev. kit.
I know this for a fact since i asked them about it.(some time ago)
It will be shipped in March/April.
Dont know if support will be there on day of release(AC),but the consumer version of the Rift
will probebly still take some time so no rush.
And i agree ,this could be a dream come true for a simracer.
They're just so excited about it as some of us are i think.:)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back