Nordschleife - laserscanned?

Iracing has stated that even if they had the scan data it would take all of their artist at least a year or more to complete the track...

they already have 2 to 3 years worth of tracks to work on currently and have tracks that they scanned back in 2008 that aren't completed....there is no way they are going to work on one track for more than a year that nobody will race on and most users computers would most likely not even be able to run. (this is a major reason Long Beach hasn't been completed)

And you don´t think that has anything to do with the fact that they were creating an F1 sim where Nords was on the calendar?

Absolutely. But even with GPL they didn't model the 67 season exactly. They left off the Bugatti circuit and added in Rouen. If they didn't want to do the Ring, they could have found a reason not to.

I'm sure they'd love to have every track they could in iRacing, but Michael is right. Given limited resources and iRacing's focus on fostering multiplayer racing, it doesn't make sense for them to do the Ring.

Back on topic, I hope that the fans would recognise the undertaking involved in scanning the Ring (if that's what we're looking at) and then bringing it up to the level of the other tracks we've seen, and would be grown up enough to pay up accordingly. I personally would be happy to pay a fairly decent fee for the track as DLC, and I'd loudly support Kunos if this is what they chose to do. It'd be madness commercially if they didn't charge for it.

I think its not about the price. Its about the immense work, that have to be done. When they would start today with scanning, then the Nords would be ready in 2016 or so. ;)

A good thing would be, that the PCs then should be able to manage a LaserSchleife. ;)

I think its not about the price. Its about the immense work, that have to be done. When they would start today with scanning, then the Nords would be ready in 2016 or so. ;)

A good thing would be, that the PCs then should be able to manage a LaserSchleife. ;)
I doubt it would take that long.
Laserscan (AC style) would take one day tops.
And building the track i would guess a year at most.

Yea people say it will be heavy but since there are trees covering nearly the whole track there´s not that much that needs to be rendered on screen.

it's not that it is graphically heavy, there is a Ring for just about every sim out there and they run just fine....it's that a certain sim that we are no longer mentioning codes things differently than everybody else....

Even though it would hurt, I too would also pay $100 for a laser scanned version in AC..just give me a couple months to save up for it..hint hint Aris...like tell me now lololol

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back