Next Level Racing Motion Plus platform

As I was not able to find any reviews or relevant information for the new NLR Motion Plus platform I am starting this thread in hope someone can share more insights on this.

First off I will confess I already order led one set and am waiting it to arrive pretty soon. I was considering long time which way to go, but as I already have the NLR V3 seat mover and pretty much like their software, especially after last update, decided to give it a try. It being it very expensive and me being poor I went for one device and hopefully will be able to afford another sometime later.

I was considering going for cheap chinese SFX 100 knock off, but am really afraid of the 150mm travel and also have very limited space at home.

As i said I am also fan of the NLR software, additional consideration is to continue using only one platform software. I am already using SimHub extensively for displays and bass shakers, also Fanalab for Fanatec peripherals i wanted to keep telemetry softwares to a minimum.

I am really curious how this system will operate in accord with the V3 (which either way i intended to keep with the new motion solution i choose).

I will also be dropping this in a DIY rig, whis is wider than what it is designed for, so i will have to make some custom solution like i did with the V3.

Really would like to see some insight from people using SFX long travel systems.

I will use this thread also to make some more in-depth review of the platform, also showcase how i mont it in a DIY alu profile custom rig. Hope this would be useful!

01A705D6-A5E6-4ECA-A563-1D99172F47FF.jpeg

Hi guys
Very interesting thread...
I'm also in the market for motion now.
At first I was considering something like a seat mover, but it won't do it for me, because the whole rig needs to move, at least that is my point of view.
Then I came across the NLR Motion Plus. Better, but way too expensive in my opinion considering what it delivers or rather doesn't...
Then I came across places mentioning and praising the MEGA+ stuff, but that won't do it for several reasons that I will not discuss here.
Actually I will go with this solution. It ticks all my boxes and is "reasonably" priced.
Nevertheless, a big thank you to everybody for another good read in this forum.
Cheers
Chris

Thanks @RCHeliguy , @karloy and @WASNLOS for the input.

I am at the final stretch to make a decision and will order something at the end of the month.
The NRL M+ came back but still have not even unpacked it. already is listed for sale on multiple places but looks like there is no demand on the secondary market fur such item.

There is recent pricedrop on the M+ and the simplified integration make it a little more tempting. After all it has 1.5" travel which is the same as D-Box system so I will get virtually the same pitch effect but more pronounced roll which i already cut down a lot.

I obtained a FOV extender and will put the wheelbase behind monitor which will lower my total height and allow me to properly mount the M+ or use the full height of a RS Mega+ system.

I prefer smaller informative travel and intend to tune as @karloy did. Also am keeping definitely the tactile feedback system I have so do not care so much for haptics on the motion platform.

Here is a video how ended up tuning the motion with Mega+ + NLR v3 (ignore the cable mess)

@karloy - can you please comment on the Mega+ noise compared to V3? The NRL M+ is already quiter than the V3 and would like to have the same with the Mega+.

Thanks!

I am at the final stretch to make a decision and will order something at the end of the month.
The NRL M+ came back but still have not even unpacked it. already is listed for sale on multiple places but looks like there is no demand on the secondary market fur such item.

There is recent pricedrop on the M+ and the simplified integration make it a little more tempting. After all it has 1.5" travel which is the same as D-Box system so I will get virtually the same pitch effect but more pronounced roll which i already cut down a lot.

I obtained a FOV extender and will put the wheelbase behind monitor which will lower my total height and allow me to properly mount the M+ or use the full height of a RS Mega+ system.

I prefer smaller informative travel and intend to tune as @karloy did. Also am keeping definitely the tactile feedback system I have so do not care so much for haptics on the motion platform.

@karloy - can you please comment on the Mega+ noise compared to V3? The NRL M+ is already quiter than the V3 and would like to have the same with the Mega+.

Thanks!
the rs mega+ is quieter than the v3 and the m+.... unless you make it jumping of the floor (wich its capable of when turning it up that much ^^... would not recommend doing it though because it will eventually break your rig ^^)

Thanks!
Just wanted to mention here that regrettably I've also had what appears to be the same failure on my unit, whatever was holding one of the actuators in place no longer is. Without removing the cover it's difficult to see anything but the symptoms are identical to your youtube video. You can see the top of the actuator moving around when slightly compressing one side of the unit. Really disappointing and a pain after only 8 months of use.

Hi guys
Very interesting thread...
I'm also in the market for motion now.
At first I was considering something like a seat mover, but it won't do it for me, because the whole rig needs to move, at least that is my point of view.
Then I came across the NLR Motion Plus. Better, but way too expensive in my opinion considering what it delivers or rather doesn't...
Then I came across places mentioning and praising the MEGA+ stuff, but that won't do it for several reasons that I will not discuss here.
Actually I will go with this solution. It ticks all my boxes and is "reasonably" priced.
Nevertheless, a big thank you to everybody for another good read in this forum.
Cheers
Chris
i am using the simrig sr2, its been good so far. But i also consider hard at the rs mega+ before.
May i know whats the reasons you wouldnt consider it?

My reason was simple, simrig sr2 smaller footprint, the control unit is just a tiny box compared to the rs mega+.
But as a super curious person, i do wonder and curious what will 150mm travel feels like. and it look more flush with the rig. haha

As a VR user, 150mm travel means that you need motion compensation. Also surge and traction loss both require good motion compensation or it will break immersion.

But as a super curious person, i do wonder and curious what will 150mm travel feels like. and it look more flush with the rig. haha
For me 150mm is a must when racing in VR with motion.
When tuned right and set up with motion compensation, the level of immersion is second to none. The extra pitch allows the the rig to move at bigger angle when needed, and match with the visual in VR more precisely when going up / down hill (and banking on oval), and also puts your body at an angle that makes your arm pushing down the steering wheel a bit (while pitching down hill) and your body pressing into the seat (while pitching up hill).

I once did a test for a friend who was considering a 1.5" system by setting my 150mm to operate with only 50mm travel. While it feels more or less the same when running on flat surface, it breaks the immersion immediately when going over hills. For us it was a day and night difference. And it's true that once you go 150mm, you can never go back!

Does look difficult process to get openxr MC to work for SRS.
Sr2 I can live without MC.
Maybe I can tune down the rs mega+ motion so I can live without MC.

I mainly need the pitch for braking and acceleration. Coming from nlr v3, I missing the tilt backward and forward alot. 7cm doesn't seems enough for this.

Does look difficult process to get openxr MC to work for SRS.
Sr2 I can live without MC.
Maybe I can tune down the rs mega+ motion so I can live without MC.
I have OpenXR MC working with mega+ and NLR v3 working combined, no issues. It connects directly to the sensor via SRS, same as OVRMC. Just need to ensure the center point is set correctly, there is a visual overlay now to help.

I have OpenXR MC working with mega+ and NLR v3 working combined, no issues. It connects directly to the sensor via SRS, same as OVRMC. Just need to ensure the center point is set correctly, there is a visual overlay now to help.
Sure, will look into, does it support many games for oxrmc in SRS?
Someone say AC is supported, how about dirt rally 2.0?

i have sold my simrig sr2, and put back my NLR v3, what a big difference.

once you go full actuators, its really quite bad to go back to seat mover.
i was playing so much after having the SR2, especially Dirt rally 2.0 until i suffered arm muscle fatigue. after selling the SR2, put the v3 back on, i tune down some setting, and dont enjoy playing anymore.

Im ordering the RS mega+, for bigger travel and probably its more powerful and quicker than SR2.
If you still on the fence thinking about going 4 actuators / 3 actuators, i think u should do it. Say for motion plus, dont just get 1, get 2!

I was very satisfied with my v3 seat mover before the SR2, the simrig sr2 was just to see what kind of difference i will get. Even the 7cm travel distance is enough to completely destroy the v3 experience. The only thing u will miss initially is the stimulated g-force feel, for a few days maybe. Then once u are used to the "lack" of gforce, you start appreciating the tight seat, and whole rig movements, everything just feels more realistic and exciting to bounced around with the rig. LASTLY, HEAVE effect is SO important to give a more realistic feel.

I will not recommend using 4 actuators and seat mover together, as full motion has alot of tiny subtle movement, the seat mover is not rigid to transmit all the effect to you or as quickly as it should because of the flex in the seatmover pivot, so you will miss out all the finer details and effects.

I think the actuators are great for chassis movements, the seat mover is good for gforce simulation (turned everything off with the seat except gForce and selective effects). I don't like the actuators for gForce simulation, the rig then moves too much. The closer the actuators map to the chassis, the more natural it feels. That said, for gforce there are other solutions as well, e.g. a belt system.

For texture and granular details, I mounted transducers under and on the back of the seat, which provides much better sensation than the actuators can. The slight movement of the seat mover is an advantage, since it separated transducers from the rest of the chassis.

Either way, there are many ways to combine these things. You can't beat Mega+ for the value, never had an issue with it.

i have sold my simrig sr2, and put back my NLR v3, what a big difference.

once you go full actuators, its really quite bad to go back to seat mover.
i was playing so much after having the SR2, especially Dirt rally 2.0 until i suffered arm muscle fatigue. after selling the SR2, put the v3 back on, i tune down some setting, and dont enjoy playing anymore.

Im ordering the RS mega+, for bigger travel and probably its more powerful and quicker than SR2.
If you still on the fence thinking about going 4 actuators / 3 actuators, i think u should do it. Say for motion plus, dont just get 1, get 2!

I was very satisfied with my v3 seat mover before the SR2, the simrig sr2 was just to see what kind of difference i will get. Even the 7cm travel distance is enough to completely destroy the v3 experience. The only thing u will miss initially is the stimulated g-force feel, for a few days maybe. Then once u are used to the "lack" of gforce, you start appreciating the tight seat, and whole rig movements, everything just feels more realistic and exciting to bounced around with the rig. LASTLY, HEAVE effect is SO important to give a more realistic feel.

I will not recommend using 4 actuators and seat mover together, as full motion has alot of tiny subtle movement, the seat mover is not rigid to transmit all the effect to you or as quickly as it should because of the flex in the seatmover pivot, so you will miss out all the finer details and effects.

Last edited:
I think the actuators are great for chassis movements, the seat mover is good for gforce simulation (turned everything off with the seat except gForce and selective effects). I don't like the actuators for gForce simulation, the rig then moves too much. The closer the actuators map to the chassis, the more natural it feels. That said, for gforce there are other solutions as well, e.g. a belt system.

For texture and granular details, I mounted transducers under and on the back of the seat, which provides much better sensation than the actuators can. The slight movement of the seat mover is an advantage, since it separated transducers from the rest of the chassis.

Either way, there are many ways to combine these things. You can't beat Mega+ for the value, never had an issue with it.

Ok, my Mega+ arrived and I managed to put the actuators on the rig. I also changed to the SimHub belt tensioner, have to say it works much better than servos, but still on the noisy side. I dropped lower the V3 seatmover so now it is inside the chassis. What is left to finish all cabling, which will not happen soon so I still have not tested the Mega+.

How you connected power on your servo drivers? I see lot of people having EMI issues, but me being in EU with 220V power I never had any of those. My plan is to make rails splitter either with WAGO connectors or put double rail 2 to 8 splitter and power all drivers with one cable from mains. Was thinking of running in parallel also seatbelt, bass shaker and wheelbase power on same cable, but most probably will split in two main cables. Whole reason for this is I want to shorten power cables as much as possible and also put emergency stops on them so I can cut power to all PSUs.

I ordered these junction splitters already, they seem solid enough:

And here is where I am currently with the Mega+, will take me some weeks to even get it running from now on:

i 100% agree to that... my chassis mover just cant replicate surge and sway in the same convincing way my nlrv3 can... all other effects (roll, pitch, heave) is done by the chassis mover way better =)... so just combine this two awesome tech pieces.... im on the fence to add a seatbelt tensioner to improve even more on the break feeling =)... someone has experience with belttensioner vs nlrv3 or even better belttensioner ON an nlrv3?

i 100% agree to that... my chassis mover just cant replicate surge and sway in the same convincing way my nlrv3 can... all other effects (roll, pitch, heave) is done by the chassis mover way better =)... so just combine this two awesome tech pieces.... im on the fence to add a seatbelt tensioner to improve even more on the break feeling =)... someone has experience with belttensioner vs nlrv3 or even better belttensioner ON an nlrv3?

I had the G-Belt on my rig with an NLR-V3 and it really added a lot.
I didn't like the NLR-V3 tilting me forward while I was braking, so I dialed that way back and relied on the G-Belt pulling me back to feel the braking.

I've moved to a D-Box since then and for tracks and Rally I think it is a large improvement over the NLR-V3, but I think for flight that the NLR-V3 works much better. The extra angle makes a huge difference. I had my stick and throttle moving with the seat, but my flight pedals did feel a bit disconnected to this.

Installed_6733.jpg

Last edited:
I found out exactly as described above by other users the behavior of motion platform + V3 to be as follows:

1. V3 adds a lot to the feeling with the sudden movement.
2. Surge and roll effects on V3, limiting them on Mega+ works well
3. Great elevation changes on Mega+ work well
4. Tactile feedback from Mega+ is disconnected because of seatmover. Either way I have lot of bass shakers - turned that off
5. Sudden side changes on the Mega+ were too much at some point, had to dial them down.
6. Both systems set currently as follows work well together - V3 has surge and sudden roll, not so much heave. Mega+ has the tactile effects off, surge is dialed down but still fun, roll is also limited, mainly heave is used but limited a little on small bumps, prefer it to be slower and more on big elevations.

As I play mostly during the night found myself most of the time using mainly the V3+tazctile, do not power the Mega+ so often as I would want to.

As it is too powerful and my monitors rattle a lot I am planning some enhancements:

1. Will move the monitors back to floor mount.
2. As I got used to the wheelbase extensions (monitor is right between base and wheel, quite low) I will attempt to make the monitor stand adjustable, powered by electric actuators. Will be moving monitor back and up when want to use the Mega+ or return it low between WB/wheel.
3. I got tired of being tossed around in the V3. It is fun, I actually do not enjoy driving without it powered on, but the pivot point in the center feels somewhat off. I am planning to remove it and see how more stable seat will behave. Also hopefully I will manage to sell it :)
4. Saw my bottom chassis literally being twisted from the rough power of the Mega+. Intend to switch to 40x160 bottom profiles for added stability. They will be mixed with 40x80 profiles because of next point, hope it will be stable enough.
5. Want to extend the Mega+ with two more actuators for Surge and TL
5.1 Surge platform will be built in in the lower part, based on 40x80 profiles frame which will hold seat and pedals. Wheelbase will be connected to lower frame (do not really want it to surge currently). Going for 150-200 max surge. Shifter cluster also stays static on lower frame. Found out with the V3 I really like how it presses me towards and away from the wheel, also saw lot of rigs with small surge on seat/pedal assembly and separate one on whole rig. Suppose it would be fun.
5.2 TL will be minimalistic - still do not have space. I will make a seatmover style TL, it will rotate only the seat on a pivot near the front of the seat. Saw only two guys on internet with similar implementation, they state it is quite good.
6. Will try to make Surge and TL operate separately than the whole Mega as I want to be able to chose between full motion or only TL+Surge as I drive a lot during the night - want to keep the system quiet.
7. Moving the monitors to static frame should give me more space. Looking into option to add two 27" monitors on the side for extra immersion and get rid of the portable ones. Really do not want to sell my G9. Current setup right behind wheel gives me perfect view, if I have only Surge and TL on should be the same as it is now.
8. Will upgrade my pedal slider. I do not use it much, but it good for guests or when you do lot of adjusts on rig and is easier to move them around. Currently they work well but introduce too much flex with he inverted pedal mount - not really noticeable when driving. Will fortify it with some sliders and will keep the seat rails so it locks up in place. Will add furniture dampers for easier adjustment and most probably a remote bike gear cable to operate the seat slider. These last things are just for the fun of it to make it more like a real sports car with adjustable deck, but will cost next to nothing.
9. Will get rid of my side support structure that keeps my servo drivers and all power supply. Will build them in the monitor frame support as it will have lot of unused space on the back. Will move back my computer there as well as it was before I added motion.

Lot of plans, will wee how it goes on the long run, most probably will start with the monitor frame as it would be somewhat easier and base everything else around it later on.

On the topic of belt tensioner on the NLR V3 - I built both the robot servo one and the SimHub stepper motor. Both work great mounted on the V3. Here is the servo one:

After a year one of the servos died and I had all parts as for long time I intended to test the stepper motor one - quite happy with it. I also bought extended seat side mounts when I changed my seat which provide very comfortable mounting point for it behind. I am still working on a comparison video for this one, but till then here are two pictures how the stepper motor belt tensioner was mounted to the v3/seat rails:

IMG_9827.jpeg

IMG_9825.jpeg

Last edited:
I had the G-Belt on my rig with an NLR-V3 and it really added a lot.
I didn't like the NLR-V3 tilting me forward while I was braking, so I dialed that way back and relied on the G-Belt pulling me back to feel the braking.

I've moved to a D-Box since then and for tracks and Rally I think it is a large improvement over the NLR-V3, but I think for flight that the NLR-V3 works much better. The extra angle makes a huge difference. I had my stick and throttle moving with the seat, but my flight pedals did feel a bit disconnected to this.

View attachment 688019
how did u mount the gbelt exactly on thr nrgseat?

how did u mount the gbelt exactly on thr nrgseat?

Directly to the back of the seat as recommended by SimXperience.
I documented how I installed it here.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea