Next Level Racing Motion Plus platform

As I was not able to find any reviews or relevant information for the new NLR Motion Plus platform I am starting this thread in hope someone can share more insights on this.

First off I will confess I already order led one set and am waiting it to arrive pretty soon. I was considering long time which way to go, but as I already have the NLR V3 seat mover and pretty much like their software, especially after last update, decided to give it a try. It being it very expensive and me being poor I went for one device and hopefully will be able to afford another sometime later.

I was considering going for cheap chinese SFX 100 knock off, but am really afraid of the 150mm travel and also have very limited space at home.

As i said I am also fan of the NLR software, additional consideration is to continue using only one platform software. I am already using SimHub extensively for displays and bass shakers, also Fanalab for Fanatec peripherals i wanted to keep telemetry softwares to a minimum.

I am really curious how this system will operate in accord with the V3 (which either way i intended to keep with the new motion solution i choose).

I will also be dropping this in a DIY rig, whis is wider than what it is designed for, so i will have to make some custom solution like i did with the V3.

Really would like to see some insight from people using SFX long travel systems.

I will use this thread also to make some more in-depth review of the platform, also showcase how i mont it in a DIY alu profile custom rig. Hope this would be useful!

01A705D6-A5E6-4ECA-A563-1D99172F47FF.jpeg

You can't tell me you were surprised that there were no reviews yet. This product was only just announced, so you may be one of the very first people to get one.

It looks as plug and play easy to setup as the NLRv3 was. Hopefully you will have good luck with it. Considering all their products use the same software to drive them, it should be a breeze to adjust to taste as well.

Curious to see how one device performs in conjunction with the NLR v3. I went with the "cheap chinese SFX 100" (I assume this is the RS MEGA+) because I really wanted 3DOF, and planning to combine it with the seat mover as well. I already use Sim Racing Studio for wind, it seems to be pretty solid software.

That said, I really like motion system and their support - I was about to consider the Qubic system qs-220-pl, but it is over $10k in the US. Not in the price range.

I'm sure the NLR Motion Plus platform is solid. Looking forward to the review.

Finally the platform came so immediately I proceede to answer the main question I had - exactly how much travel it packs. This is short video on the matter:

As I will be mounting the Motion Plus Platform in as custom sim rig it will require some DIY, as my spacings are far off the commercial rigs. The process already started, it is not a flat tire, it is how the sway bar was i stalled:

DD7F467B-508F-4674-82DA-47B66C5A78A0.jpeg

For my complete build log with detail explanation you can check my other topic HERE

Last edited:
Finally managed to assemble the rig - have to say the platform is amazing. Having one platform only of course pitch effects are not so great, bit everything else is. The roll angle is more than enough, the acceleration is great (mostly because of the small travel and distance between actuators). The platform was actually jumping off the ground in the default Assetto Corsa profile. I did not have time to mount my front Aura bass shakers, so tested it without front suspension effects. The engine vibrations and detail the platform is producing is great - not even sure i need the front shakers any more. At first i tested without any bass shakers, the front of the car was very alive and felt like real car finally, but it was quite boring at the back - definitely placing two platforms would be great. Then I started my shakers and voila - everything was consistent. My back shakers are pretty good at simulating suspension, so finally the whole rig was working consistent as one single unit.

I mentionet the pitch effects. They are there, they are fast, just no so pronounced. But on the other hand i have them paired with the V3 seat mover, which is quite good at providing them. Both platforms together compliment each other great and work very well together. Following NLR’s advice to put platform in front for single installation was correct, especially with a V3 in the rig. I relly thing the effects are more beneficial in front where you have direct contact with your feet and steering wheel. Placing some bass shaker even without the seat mover will fix the lack of feel in the back - again I want to reiterate that the detailed vibrations that the Motion Plus platform provides are amazing.

Something that I will investigate further is how jump landings feel. Also I will put soon my front shakers and see how suspension effects will compliment the platform.

We managed to do some Assetto Corsa drifting these days, here is short summary of the results:

At 100% in profile default setting we had issues holding onto the wheel, it is pure violence. This tells me The platform actually delivers the promised performance and for the small form factor it has is just amazing. Really would wish to add a back unit and see the complete result.

The NLV3 Default settings are also way too much and need to be pulled back. That motion looked pretty uncomfortable and even disjointed.

I'd HIGHLY recommend getting a G-Belt system before adding a second motion platform. That will give you a strong sense of braking and cornering pressure. There is nothing like going into a corner braking and feeling your seatbelts pulling back hard. It gives you a great sense of how hard you are decelerating that is MUCH better than the seat or chassis tilting forward. I've turned my NLRv3's fore/aft motion for surge nearly off. I use a little for the terrain (going up / down hills ), but that's it. The G-Belt also gives you a sense of sustained cornering force by pulling harder on the outer seatbelt in a corner.

I agree with you about tactile finishing things off. I went all in on my tactile system and it adds more immersion than motion does for track racing. For Rally and flight I appreciate my NLRv3. The way the NLRv3 pitches you forward when you land after going airborne sells that experience in VR really well.

Good luck however you go from here.

Last edited:
Good luck however you go from here.

Thanks!
I totally agree on the V3 insight - mine is turned down anywhere to 70% or less.
On the other hand, the Motion Plus default profile was great in Dirt Rally 2.0 even in the most powerful rally cross cars.

About the video above - either way AC drift cars tend to be quite violent and produce too pronounced effects even for the V3. Based on what i see my setting were overwritten for some reason and the V3 is back to 100% in AC again - have to set it up one more time. Yet again - seeing both platforms being able to produce movement to such extent is quite impressive for me. Of course as both you and I said above - these setting are actually not usable and I still have long way to tone them down properly.

As for the belt tensioner - I have one and I agree with you. Mine is servo based and this is actually the sound you hear mostly in the video. It is just that my friend driving here does not like it for some reason and never tightens his belts :)

And this brings me to another topic i forgot - noise. The motion platform when operating at reasonable settings is actually very quiet. It is a tad quieter than the V3 itself. I also observed vibrations below the platform - look minimal (I have carped, laminate and isolation beneath). Most probably will add extra layer of foam isolation below the feet just in case.

Today am planning to mount the front Auras below the heelrest again, curious what they will bring to the pucture.

So, I'm pretty certain I'm going to pick one of these units up, does anyone think the monitor would be better mounted to the cockpit so it moves along with everything else?

Currently running a 49" ultra widescreen (and VR) that is mounted on a floor standing mount, I've had a look at it and I can easily mount it directly to the cockpit rail.

Last edited:
Made two new short videos.
I switched to integrated monitor mount by Sim-Lab. Works pretty well, monitor is very stable and in the correct place finally. Motion Plus platform is still ridiculously fast and nimble.
Here is the motion rig with integrated monitor:

Also added a Philips HUE Play set - very easy installation and it is really cool. Still have to do some more setup, but out if the box works pretty well:

Well, My day went badly.

A couple weeks ago I rang the local race-sim shop (Pagnian imports) Just on a whim, to ask them oif they had a set of Fanatec V3's on the shelf, They did, so I had to follow through, I drove down the gold coast and bought them.

Last week I asked them if they had a Motion Plus on the shelf, They did, I left work on the bike, raced home to grab the car and it turns out I didn't have my house key, so instead of a motion rig I sat by the pool and drunk a beer while waiting for my lady to get home and let me in.

Today I asked if it was still available, It was, So I raced down and purchased it, while I was in there I asked about purchasing another Buttkicker.....boom, Not till Thursday or Friday.

So yeah, Pretty rough week...

I think all the stock for that part of the world is still on route via boat.

At least that's what was indicated by comments from the nxt level rep on youtube.

Also, doesn't quite bolt directly onto a Trak Racer setup, Only out by a few mm so I'm going to shim it.

I think all the stock for that part of the world is still on route via boat.

At least that's what was indicated by comments from the nxt level rep on youtube.

Also, doesn't quite bolt directly onto a Trak Racer setup, Only out by a few mm so I'm going to shim it.
I measured it is meant for 48cm rail distance. I have 52 myself so I had to come up with another solution. Now it is mounted for me with 48cm distance and I can see I have about 1cm left in the mounting holes, I guess it can accommodate up to 50cm distance without shims.
As far as I can see in manual you can use only 3 holes on the side for mounting, but you will have to keep the height relevant to the sway bar. If you are mounting two platforms it would be easier.
For me I mounted the side planks on the lower position and it worked well for my custom rig.

Ultimately I am aiming at purchasing a second platform, but would like to keep the rig height to minimum and prefer to keep the V3 mounted inside the rails as it is now. this would require that I mount the Motion Plus right behind the V3. In such scenario I am thinking to mount the front one nearer to the steering column - wonder if this will work, but I guess only one way to know.

I have a traction plus and a V3.

I'm VERY tempted on selling my V3 and putting one motion plus on the front, reasoning being:

1) The V3 simply does not allow to properly use serious braking force (major reason).
2) The V3 adds lots of immersion and fun, but obviously it only moves the seat, and as i've reduced a lot its effects/range of motion, i'm really wondering whether a proper setup moving the whole rig would be better.
3) What keeps me wondering is:
- How does the motion plus perform vs. "standard" actuators like DBOX and the likes?
- Not clear whether i'd be able to place a second motion plus on the back down the line. NLR answered me that it's not recommended to place 2 on the traction plus, as that would surpass the weight limit, which is a bit of an absurdity as the V3 weighs more than the Motion plus.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.