Next Level Motion V3 settings thread (highly requested...?)

OK Next Level motion users, here it is: my tuned settings that I feel give the best feeling of what a car should represent while racing. Taken a while to get this up and running, with barely free time to actually sim race as it is. Hopefully you will get some value out of this and it further increases your enjoyment of an already pretty good product out of the box.

I have listed a few different profiles, use the Assetto Corsa one for all the big sim racing titles (of course utilizing the Formula & non Formula profiles for open wheel vs GT style cars) and use the Dirt Rally template for that title as well as any other rally title that takes advantage of motion. Don't forget to change both the 'motion' AND 'motion post processing' tabs for full effects.

Obviously these are my personal preferences and they may not suit everyone, but give them a try and have a play with them yourself to alter it as you see fit. Post any feelings/comments you have back here and maybe together we can further tune these settings for even better results.

Dirt Rally post process.png Dirt Rally settings.png Formula post process.png Formula settings.png NON formula post process.png NON formula settings.png

Thanks guys, that's a relief, mine moved around 3-4 inches at the top of the seat, but i suppose down at the actual mechanism it's only a little bit, just makes no motion games pretty much unplayable

Upvote 0
Hey Guys - hope everyone is well and getting in some racing during the 'lockdown'. Re the movement shown - the system uses servo motors (x2) to drive a planetary gear system, and the visible parts are the arms (attached inside the sealed unit to the gear) that move our seat left/right and forward/backwards.

Even though planetary gears are a tight and precise system there will be a small amount of play or tolerance due to the component linkages and this is a good thing imho as it can buffer some of the weight and sudden movement from getting up/down from the rig with less stress on the moving parts when not in operation.

The V3's magnetic brake holds everything static when the motion is parked, however you should feel a small amount of play there. You do not want too much and the movement or total throw of approve 2 to 2.5cm (1 inch) at the base is about right, perhaps a little more or less. My V3 has 464 hours on it now and that play has remained constant without any issues.

Past few days I have been back sim racing after a long break since before November last year studying and now working a new job, so I've not had much free time until the current craziness. It felt so good to jump back in again and I was pleasantly surprised to find the Colin McRae Flat Out DLC for Dirt Rally 2.0 which is just phenomenal. And picked up the Early Access Automobilista 2 which I freakin' love ... the V10 & V12 are seriously good fun racing any of the superb tracks included.

The V3 motion firmware did a big update for me and it feels even more refined I thought, although so long since racing that I might be imagining it ! However I do think the baseline settings have been internally (via Firmware perhaps ?) dialled much lower as I had to raise all my settings up by about 30 % to get the same level of movement... Dirt Rally 2.0 I had to kick up by nearly 50% which I thought was strange .... anyone else have similar experience with their settings recently ?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Quick question guys, sorry for the poor picture quality, is this amount of movement normal for the NLR v3 when static?

Hey Dave, it is hard to tell from that vid how much of the play is coming just from the seat / backrest. If all of that movement was just the V3 when parked then yeah it does seem overly loose. However be sure and check down at the actual motion unit - the play of the arms that move the frame your seat is mounted on. You will likely find there is normal tolerance movement down there. Also how does your unit feel when actually using it in a race sim - good ? Otherwise take a vid and send to Next Level for them to get the MotionSystems Engineers to check out.

Upvote 0
So new User here

After 3 weeks of getting messed around with Scan Computers (now bought from Overclockers UK) i finally got the motion platorm in yesterday,had issues right of the bat. The seat brackets i bought with my GT Trak Seat doesnt fit directly to the V3,so spent an hour coming up with the only solution at the moment and that was using thick Plywood (18 in x 12 in) and bolting that to the V3 then i was able to bolt the seat with brackets to the Plywood. Very sturdy and it does the job well,ill wait till lockdown is finished then get a metal plate.

Serial code then would not enter when plugged in,so after a few hours it finally worked using another browser (keep that in mind if u run into this issue).

Fired up Assetto Corsa with the Valve Index and used the default settings on V3,Immersion was amazing right from the go,but obviusly i need to now read up on settings as it sometimes felt to strong,but tunes the overall down to 60% and if felt a lot easier.

Just in the 2 hours i used this it was amazing,im new to sim racing so im a noob big time,but trying to learn and get into how cars handle etc,so i got a lot of work to do. But overall as a noob ive got a massive smile on my face.

2 hours though and i felt sick,so turned it off for the night,i think it was all too much right from the start ie,Using VR plus Motion simulator and High intensity settings....But this was expected as when i first played VR it took a few weeks for the effects to ware off and now i dont feel sick at all in VR......so this will get easier for me.

A quick question on Movement though....When i played last night when i used the brakes i flew forward in my seat and it felt very realistic,however when i put the pedal to the floor i feel as if i dont get pushed back into my seat as much. I assumed this was a change in the Longitudinal G force,when i messed about with this though and placed the slider higher,the braking was to strong and i felt as if i was getting pushed into my wheel too much....and i still didnt get that feeling of getting pushed into my seat on acceleration as much as i thought i should,is this normal?

Upvote 0
Check earlier in this thread for my profile settings. When the custom graphs were introduced for each effect, I made a point of trying to tune the brake dive so that it was there but not over the top. You can control the axis the way you want it, to a degree of course. It will help to separate the braking forces from the acceleration forces when you want to increase the latter. It's still somewhat tied together but it gives you a little more control.

Upvote 0
How do you add a non Sim game to the V3 software? I want to add Elite Dangerous to the list and when i start in VR with V3 on the seat will move to joystick movement,as telemetery is not released as yet for this game? Is there a tutorial?

Upvote 0
How do you add a non Sim game to the V3 software? I want to add Elite Dangerous to the list and when i start in VR with V3 on the seat will move to joystick movement,as telemetery is not released as yet for this game? Is there a tutorial?
I would say clone an existing game and the change the cloned one --> Change the path to the Elite.exe

Upvote 0

Type “new” is the type to search box, click on new profile, give it a name, open the other tab put the file path. Done.
You can configure your new profile in any mode, try it out.

Upvote 0
Type “new” is the type to search box, click on new profile, give it a name, open the other tab put the file path. Done.
You can configure your new profile in any mode, try it out.

Yep ive done that but im getting problems:

1. Did what you said above and click run game,the game runs in desktop mode fine but no motion at all,is there something i need to select for Elite to work on joystick movement?

2.The game runs as stated above but i cant get it to run in VR from Motion Platform startup. Games like Assetto Corsa and Project cars 2 start fine ie,Click on game ,run and put on headset,game works fine in VR and on Motion. Also with Euro Truck Sim the game starts but not in VR from the platform manager

3. X plane 11,again game starts but no motion at all out of the box.

Is there tutorials for games like above that have to be set outside the platform manager.?

Upvote 0
The V3 motion firmware did a big update for me and it feels even more refined I thought, although so long since racing that I might be imagining it ! However I do think the baseline settings have been internally (via Firmware perhaps ?) dialled much lower as I had to raise all my settings up by about 30 % to get the same level of movement... Dirt Rally 2.0 I had to kick up by nearly 50% which I thought was strange .... anyone else have similar experience with their settings recently ?

I upgraded the software and they did something to dial down the motion and I don't like the new feeling even after cranking up the settings, something felt off. I posted this in their Discord channel and 5 other people had the same experience on every game they tried. Hopefully they will get that fixed so for now I've backed that version off and went back to the 2.97 version. Nothing in the patch notes about this so I'm not exactly sure what happened. They did remove support for an older version of their hardware so maybe something to do with that.

Upvote 0
Anyone been able to run the V3 with the Rollercoaster game NoLimits 2 ? I wanted to try it out for my kids,so downloaded the demo on steam,but the platform doesnt move,even after being told to place --telemetery in steam startup config.

Upvote 0
Anyone been able to run the V3 with the Rollercoaster game NoLimits 2 ? I wanted to try it out for my kids,so downloaded the demo on steam,but the platform doesnt move,even after being told to place --telemetery in steam startup config.
Not recently but I'm sure that it worked. My kids (and daddy himself) tested it about a year ago. I'll try later if it still works.

Edit: just tested it again and can confirm it works! 2.97 version of platform manager.
Do you start the game via NLR platform manager? Be sure to check first if you have --telemetry as starting parameter

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Not recently but I'm sure that it worked. My kids (and daddy himself) tested it about a year ago. I'll try later if it still works.

Edit: just tested it again and can confirm it works! 2.97 version of platform manager.
Do you start the game via NLR platform manager? Be sure to check first if you have --telemetry as starting parameter

The demo does not support telemetry output, only the retail version.

Upvote 0

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea