Next Level Motion V3 settings thread (highly requested...?)

OK Next Level motion users, here it is: my tuned settings that I feel give the best feeling of what a car should represent while racing. Taken a while to get this up and running, with barely free time to actually sim race as it is. Hopefully you will get some value out of this and it further increases your enjoyment of an already pretty good product out of the box.

I have listed a few different profiles, use the Assetto Corsa one for all the big sim racing titles (of course utilizing the Formula & non Formula profiles for open wheel vs GT style cars) and use the Dirt Rally template for that title as well as any other rally title that takes advantage of motion. Don't forget to change both the 'motion' AND 'motion post processing' tabs for full effects.

Obviously these are my personal preferences and they may not suit everyone, but give them a try and have a play with them yourself to alter it as you see fit. Post any feelings/comments you have back here and maybe together we can further tune these settings for even better results.

Dirt Rally post process.png Dirt Rally settings.png Formula post process.png Formula settings.png NON formula post process.png NON formula settings.png

Thanks and much appreciated you shared this with us. I'm a motion rig newbie so this info is very welcome. I will try themout and give my feedback afterwards.

It seems you have less selectable sliders --> Pitch and Yaw? Manually deleted them, other version software (2.69)?

DR Motion settings.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have the latest software. Not sure why they are different. I may have a custom firmware installed as once I had to have remote service from Poland to correct the level of the seat. It may be related. Not sure how the missing settings affect our 2DOF motion platforms as Yaw is like the rear traction loss module on the Stage IV SimXperience rig. We don't have that functionality. That being said, the software is responsible for filling in all the gaps our platforms are unable to truly simulate, so I may be missing something with them being gone?

Any other users have what Brian has compared to what my software shows?

Upvote 0
I´ve just gotten a Next Level Racing V3 Motion platform and the first impressions are very good. I´ve only tried it with project cars 2 up to now but the combination with vr is very imersive. I´m still experimenting with the motion settings to get a good balance but I´m confused as to what the post-processing does.
If the linearity limits the seats movement, what do the gain and the offset settings do?

Upvote 0
So to answer Troy, the gain setting is pretty straight forward. Think of that as the volume knob on your stereo. It just makes everything 'louder' I use this to slightly increase the intensity of the movements when driving open wheel cars, or anything that's super fast and also has stiff suspension and high downforce. The gain also limits the throw of the platform. This was initially the only option, along with linearity, there was no offset option. I spoke with the software creators with this concern that while it did help limit the throw, it affected the curve in a way that made smaller movements feel more intense than the bigger movements. If you understand and can interpret the graph they display, you should know what I am talking about when you play with only the LIN and GAIN setting. So, offset was introduced to help limit the throw of the platform (max range of movement) yet not do so in a way that altered the intensity of the movements. Now, we have 3 options, which is cool because I can limit motion based on the particular car and also my own preference, but I can also give each setting a little more 'juice' if I feel the need (open wheel cars are always a candidate for this). I typically do not go over around 1.20 for Gain.

Upvote 0
So to answer Troy, the gain setting is pretty straight forward. Think of that as the volume knob on your stereo. It just makes everything 'louder' I use this to slightly increase the intensity of the movements when driving open wheel cars, or anything that's super fast and also has stiff suspension and high downforce. The gain also limits the throw of the platform. This was initially the only option, along with linearity, there was no offset option. I spoke with the software creators with this concern that while it did help limit the throw, it affected the curve in a way that made smaller movements feel more intense than the bigger movements. If you understand and can interpret the graph they display, you should know what I am talking about when you play with only the LIN and GAIN setting. So, offset was introduced to help limit the throw of the platform (max range of movement) yet not do so in a way that altered the intensity of the movements. Now, we have 3 options, which is cool because I can limit motion based on the particular car and also my own preference, but I can also give each setting a little more 'juice' if I feel the need (open wheel cars are always a candidate for this). I typically do not go over around 1.20 for Gain.

Thanks for simple explanation Anton.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the explanation Anton. I hadn´t actually played around with the gain or offset settings to see how they affected the graph. It´s a lot easier to understand when you do. Thanks for the tip.
Neber the less, I think I´ll leave the post-processing alone for the moment. I´m too busy trying out the V3 with other sims first... and just having fun :).
I tried it with both R3E and AC today and it felt even better than with PC2 yesterday. What a time to be alive!

Upvote 0
Yeah good idea to just drive it and play with the regular sliders in the first tab. The post processing is for adjusting things that you may feel are slightly unrealistic or just annoying. If you are happy with how it feels out of the box then great, just leave the post process alone. I don't play with the motion sliders much, as you can see in my settings they are basically all at 1.00. I tend more to adjust the output of the platform itself rather than how the platform interprets what the sim is telling it. 1.00 for pretty much all the settings seems to be a pretty good sweet spot.

I think before the post processing tab was introduced there may have been more of a reason to play with the motion sliders, because that was really the only way you could adjust any feeling or movement output coming from the platform. Now we have options!

Upvote 0
I have the latest software. Not sure why they are different. I may have a custom firmware installed as once I had to have remote service from Poland to correct the level of the seat. It may be related. Not sure how the missing settings affect our 2DOF motion platforms as Yaw is like the rear traction loss module on the Stage IV SimXperience rig. We don't have that functionality. That being said, the software is responsible for filling in all the gaps our platforms are unable to truly simulate, so I may be missing something with them being gone?

Any other users have what Brian has compared to what my software shows?
I couldn´t download the software from the Next Level Racing website (the screen just kept refreshing after submitting the serial number) but luckily I could download it from the Polish site where they are maunfactured here in Europe. My software looks exactly like yours Anton. I have the motion and post-processing menu tabs but there is no vr tab as seen in Brians Picture. This is regardless if vr-headway is active or not. I´don´t use the vr-headway because it causes stuttering (on PC2 at least) and without the vr tab I don´t have the option to change the smoothness (I´ve seen someone using the option in a YouTube review).
I also don´t have the pitch and yaw intensity sliders.
Mine is version 2.71 I think (from motionsystems.eu).
So I´m confused as to which Software is really the most up to date and the best to use.

This is off topic but... is it normal that the V3 has a bit of play? When I sit down I can rock my seat backward or fowards or to the side a small amount. It feels as though it´s about 1 or 2 cm. This is regardless if the unit is off or in use. When in use I don´t notice it but it´s apparant if I do try and rock the seat whilst driving. So it´s always there. Just wondering.

Upvote 0
To add on that. Because of an automatic update these two mentioned sliders disappeared. I think it was integrated by accident and via a quick update removed? Still version 2.71

Yes it feels like it wobbles 1-2 cm when you are sitting in the seat but it is a few mm when you have a look when moving the chair.

Upvote 0
To add on that. Because of an automatic update these two mentioned sliders disappeared. I think it was integrated by accident and via a quick update removed? Still version 2.71

Yes it feels like it wobbles 1-2 cm when you are sitting in the seat but it is a few mm when you have a look when moving the chair.
Good to know that the bit of play is normal. Quite a relief to hear, probably made my day, thanks :)
Has the vr-tab along with the two sliders on the menu screen in your version also disappeared after the update BrainsBush? Is your software from Next Level Racing or from motionsystems.eu? I´m still not sure if there are two different current versions of 2.71 or are they actually the same software just from different sources? Probably the latter.

Upvote 0
My software is installed via the method described in the manual --> NLR
VR tab is still selectable in all VR supported games

This is an actual screenshot captured now:
VR in menu NLR.jpg

PS haha don't know if a bit of wobble is normal but my v3 also moves a bit

Last edited:
Upvote 0
My platform moves a little bit but you need to be braking or really trying to move it to get it to move. I mean it does a pretty good job of locking itself when the motion is not active. I can race with it stationary with no motion enabled and it basically feels like a static race seat. Only time I remember that it moves (when it's off while I'm driving) is when I brake at the end of straights, then you can feel the little tilt in the play of the motor.

Basically, it moves a fraction, but never enough to bother me or cause the platform to be uncomfortable to sit in when the motion is off.

The differences in the software are nil. They are basically the same thing with a different skin on them. The next level one is branded as such for people that buy their hardware and download from their website. The motion systems one is the parent file (I think) as they actually develop the software and also have products available that Next Level don't brand and resell. At least I am pretty sure.

Upvote 0
Yeah, mine wobbles too when motions is disabled. Especially during braking ( with HE-pedals) the seat moves back during braking.

For me personally any movement during braking is untolerable, so i never race with motion off or any title that's not supported by the NLMv3.

I did try your settings Anton, but my configuration needs other settings. Because i have a GS-4, the NLMv3 has to be set up differently. The GS-4 handles the most of the G-forces.

Still great topic. Just wondering ? Isn't it possible / better to export your settings through plaform manager and post the files in this post. This makes it easier for user to exactly copy your settings.

Upvote 0
I wasn't aware that was possible with this software. I will have to have a look and if that's an option will definitely create some files to post. I did that with Simvibe for the users club but now I just use a slightly personalized version of Mr. Latte's profiles which are great. This would be the ideal option for people, definitely.

Upvote 0
Guys I would really appreciate some help... I have the V2 though all software updated.

My issues are with just annoying bumps excessive bumping/jerkiness. I tried bumps and heave... all other settings 1.0 and lower average .8-.9.

I love the movement... turning braking acceleration etc... but hell I even get serious jerkiness when exiting pits and are moving slow... the car is not moving as much as the NLR seat.

How can I control this? Will the smoothness slider under VR help with this. Or the settings Anton have posted?

Any help is appreciated

BTW... I also have looseness in the seat when not in game, but I never notice it in game.

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 420 16.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 281 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 276 10.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 192 7.6%
  • < 5 years