Next Fridays [02.05.] Update speculation thread

No speculation thread. Whats up here?

My speculation is, we might get some sort of MP. Would be bad for me, because I am at a real racetrack that Weekend and can not try that out.

And on top of that, I think we get more damage.

PS: is there a lotus left, we might get? :D

I wouldn't call it uncultured, I would consider it better cultured. I'm sure by the end of the year as they fall by the wayside there'll be yet another formulaic boy band making the rounds.:rolleyes:
Calm down bud...it was said in irony, should of been obvious and yes lets hope they do then my sons girlfriend will stop going on about them, restoring some of his self esteem awww. Good news about being able to host, I hope its more straight forward than rfactor with us who have dynamic ip's

Last few Updates of AC werent too much fun for me
it started when AI was release',
i couldnt do a single lap without getting a freeze moment of 2 seconds every pass of start/finish
rest of the lap i get 100 fps on maxed settings,,and even on lowest setting it froze every lap
i decided to give it 1 last try before MP
and did a fresh install,,without mods/liveries and extra tracks

AND IM HAPPY :inlove: ,maxed out 100 -120 fps
and smooth AI races with a full grid.

it might be worth it ,to at least do a fresh reiinstal at v 1.0
for me its a difference between night and day
and AC is fun to drive again.:D

From the twitter:
AssettoCorsa ‏@AC_assettocorsa 3m
Hello everybody, thank you so much for your enthusiasm. Multiplayer will get out later today but we don't have a specific time.

AssettoCorsa ‏@AC_assettocorsa 5m
Multiplayer alpha version, still working on it and we will continue. Our focus for this release is to check the core and stress the system

AssettoCorsa ‏@AC_assettocorsa 5m
Many features might miss but keep the feedback on our official forums and we will add more and more as usual

They had MP up and running but didnt release last Friday because the server company could not provide technical support.

h03F3B202

Still, i am super excited to race against some real people tonight :)

They had MP up and running but didnt release last Friday because the server company could not provide technical support.

:p:D:D

in all seriouness though, you can test software (aswell as hardware btw;)) for months and as soon as the release comes close you will discover one "show stopper" after another... And if you start fixing them all hell breaks loose :roflmao::roflmao:

Ah after hyping it up the downplaying has begun. Great.
To be fair they have hardly hyped it up. It's the community that have gone crazy with hype as usual. People organising events, people taking days off work etc, all for a first mass test which is always going to be a bit of a mess.
Personally I've had no expectations of a smooth ride with all the features present. It was never going to happen. Anyone who expected differently has themselves to blame when the disappointment kicks in if it all goes tits up tonight.

I have no expectations either but unlike with other game releases the technical support to make this evening a smooth experience (as possible) for everybody has been absolutely zero.

No support what so ever for communities that are helping in providing a healthy online platform for AC customers.

I find it unbelievable that we have a race (with 125 drivers signed up) tonight and we have to find out how everything works at release hour :)

But that must be me expecting too much.

To be fair they have hardly hyped it up. It's the community that have gone crazy with hype as usual. People organising events, people taking days off work etc, all for a first mass test which is always going to be a bit of a mess.
Personally I've had no expectations of a smooth ride with all the features present. It was never going to happen. Anyone who expected differently has themselves to blame when the disappointment kicks in if it all goes tits up tonight.

In fariness, this was the most wanted feature in the last 6-12 months so certainly they had to know the scale of what the hype was going to be upon finally releasing MP. Agree?

In fariness, this was the most wanted feature in the last 6-12 months so certainly they had to know the scale of what the hype was going to be upon finally releasing MP. Agree?

I have no doubt they knew what the scale of hype would be. :) You cant stop the sim racing community from going into hype overdrive, and then going into complete and utter meltdown when things aren't exactly as they hoped.

It's the first mass beta. Some people need a bit of perspective.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.