Next Fridays [02.05.] Update speculation thread

No speculation thread. Whats up here?

My speculation is, we might get some sort of MP. Would be bad for me, because I am at a real racetrack that Weekend and can not try that out.

And on top of that, I think we get more damage.

PS: is there a lotus left, we might get? :D

I don't mind if tonights event fails because of technical issues with the game or peoples hardware but i do mind that online racing fails due to no communication and a total lack of technical support leaving server admins absolutely clueless.

From our side we'd like to minimize the risk of things going wrong and a simple answer to a few questions would have been enough.

To be fair they have hardly hyped it up. It's the community that have gone crazy with hype as usual. People organising events, people taking days off work etc,.

How did you found out,i only spoke to my boss!!!
big-surprise-smiley-emoticon.gif

big-smile-smiley-emoticon.gif

It's not a league race, just a test how things work. Anyone expecting the race of their life tonight is a bit delusional in my opinion, especially regarding Kunos' past MP efforts and the fact that it was held back until now.

I have no expectations either but unlike with other game releases the technical support to make this evening a smooth experience (as possible) for everybody has been absolutely zero.

No support what so ever for communities that are helping in providing a healthy online platform for AC customers.

I find it unbelievable that we have a race (with 125 drivers signed up) tonight and we have to find out how everything works at release hour :)

But that must be me expecting too much.

https://twitter.com/KunosStefano/status/462217114456051712

https://twitter.com/KunosStefano/status/462217360036741120

I have no doubt they knew what the scale of hype would be. :) You cant stop the sim racing community from going into hype overdrive, and then going into complete and utter meltdown when things aren't exactly as they hoped.

It's the first mass beta. Some people need a bit of perspective.

I would agree with that, but unless they plan to work the weekend, I still think Friday wasn't the best day to roll out an update like this. It just screams of potential for dissapointment.

Well I am more than happy if I can try the MP with a free practice session, couple of people to see how it performs, side by side racing etc... If that works out ok then I think about qualy, races etc...
Nonetheless I completely understand your point Bram.

They have worked every update weekend since November.

I think that is more aimed at the support from the server company (hosting)... But hey maybe they have 24/7 support apart from national holidays who knows... ;) Kunos themselves will probably push updates on the weekend and nights like we saw on pretty much every other update before :thumbsup:

Last edited:
I don't mind if tonights event fails because of technical issues with the game or peoples hardware but i do mind that online racing fails due to no communication and a total lack of technical support leaving server admins absolutely clueless.

From our side we'd like to minimize the risk of things going wrong and a simple answer to a few questions would have been enough.

Kind of looking at it through your own perspective isn't it?

By the looks of it, this team has been working franticly to meet a deadline that in all honesty was to ambitious. But I can respect their enormous endeavour to meet this deadline and I can understand that communicating with server admins was well on the bottom of their priority list.

In the grand scheme of things, I think you can acknowledge that server admins are of minor importance compared to providing a solid netcode and mp experience.

And why can't you guys wait with hosting a proper AC welcome server until you have gotten to grips with the dedicated server tools etc?

It seems that in this age, everything must happen NOW. Where is the time people were a bit more relaxed and not unnerved when they had to wait.

Of course i am looking at things from my own perspective Requiem.

But lets be honest we didn't announce multiplayer for today, Kunos did announce it to the public and it seems there are still testing things at this point.

But before you jump conclusions our questions were more than just server details :)

FYI: I have been patiently waiting for exactly four years and one month now since the first announcement of the next generation racing sim (GTR3). And yes, I can't wait to finally get back to online racing again :)

What makes me still more hesitating is:
MP is delayed for 1 week due to the 25 april in Italy.... and now saying
"Multiplayer alpha version, still working on it and we will continue. Our focus for this release is to check the core and stress the system"

What's that for a communication: everything's nearly ready and now it's not ready after 1 week ??

Rather than communicating and tell too much or too quickly, rather no communication at all.

I prefer from far waiting one more week without news than hearing this and that ... and becoming hesitating between true or not true !!

When pression becomes too strong due too much communication ... there's mostly a tendency telling something more less true of untrue just to be in peace.... that's human and ... business.
AC will be something really nice ... but I still think that it would have been better not to communicate at all until everyting is nearly ready.

I understand the eagerness of RD and yourself to provide servers and organise a great AC evening, but considering the size of the team, the amounts of things that still need to be fixed, improved or repaired within AC, I feel we should all cut the Kunos boys some slack.

Up untill now, they have maintained an incredible rate of development, one that huge studio's even couldn't emulate. But, as you might have noticed, the updates are more ad-hoc than structured: release the AI, receive feedback from the crowd, and improve.

I'm sure that they have had a basic plan for the MP part, but when you actually prepare it for final release, so many things come up that draw your complete attention, and perhaps also change the way the whole MP system works.

Same with the modding tools; they will be released when 1.0 is out, otherwise all mods might just be made for nothing if a core item of the engine changes and the modding tools aren't applicable anymore.

Why don't you guys organise a great race sunday evening? Two days to experiment with the settings and getting the servers working right?

What makes me still more hesitating is:
MP is delayed for 1 week due to the 25 april in Italy.... and now saying
"Multiplayer alpha version, still working on it and we will continue. Our focus for this release is to check the core and stress the system"

What's that for a communication: everything's nearly ready and now it's not ready after 1 week ??

It was never anything else than a alpha version to check the system even if it was released last week ;)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 293 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 204 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 199 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 147 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 262 13.6%