New Trademark Filings Hint at New F1 Logo Design

Come on I dont mind them ruining the cars with the "halo" but making changes to the logo is just crazy ,
looks fine as it is :O_o: those logos look dreadful .

Took me 20 years to actually figure out the current logo. The white part actually spells a "1"
I always remember it been F1 , logo is nice , change what you want but please leave the traditional logo alone jesus what they doing , in 5 years we wont recognize anything :(

This is the best one, by a looooong way (in my humble opinion anyway..)

View attachment 222726
According to new filings with the European Union Intellectual Property Office earlier today, Formula One could be looking to replace the iconic F1 design of the past 30 years.

Submitted by the subsidiary company of the Formula One brand, Formula One Licencing, a submission of three new logo designs have been registered as potential replacements for the iconic black, white and red design that has been in use since its introduction to the sport in the late 1980's.

Check out the submitted design variations below:

View attachment 222728

With these new designs perhaps failing to stir the soul as much as one would like for such a major brand as Formula One, can you design something more appropriate yourself? Give us your opinions and designs in the comments section and let's see if RD can out do the minds of the Formula One group and Liberty Media!

Check out the Formula One sub forum here at RaceDepartment for more news from the premier open wheel series in the world.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

What do you think of the new logo designs? Do you like the current image? What would your ideal design look like? Let us know in the comments section below!
View attachment 222726
According to new filings with the European Union Intellectual Property Office earlier today, Formula One could be looking to replace the iconic F1 design of the past 30 years.

Submitted by the subsidiary company of the Formula One brand, Formula One Licencing, a submission of three new logo designs have been registered as potential replacements for the iconic black, white and red design that has been in use since its introduction to the sport in the late 1980's.

Check out the submitted design variations below:

View attachment 222728

With these new designs perhaps failing to stir the soul as much as one would like for such a major brand as Formula One, can you design something more appropriate yourself? Give us your opinions and designs in the comments section and let's see if RD can out do the minds of the Formula One group and Liberty Media!

Check out the Formula One sub forum here at RaceDepartment for more news from the premier open wheel series in the world.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

What do you think of the new logo designs? Do you like the current image? What would your ideal design look like? Let us know in the comments section below!

As a designer I honestly don't like the ideas so far.
Some of the best logo design I find is in the games industry, some real beauties. There is a general rule book to logo design and once you get it, you get it.
I do think that time has moved on from the current F1 logo though.

I'm a fan of the first one. The other 2 are terrible.

But that said there is nothing wrong with the current logo and I don't see why they need to change, but now a days across sports they are always changing to sell all that new merch.
Yeah F1 loves to sell us Merch :D

As a designer I honestly don't like the ideas so far.
Some of the best logo design I find is in the games industry, some real beauties. There is a general rule book to logo design and once you get it, you get it.
I do think that time has moved on from the current F1 logo though.
I wonder how long that current logo as been running for it does remind me so much of the classic f1 days , brings back so many memories !

The current logo could have been designed yesterday. It conveys sharpness and speed far much better than the alternatives displayed in opening post.

The current logo could have been designed yesterday. It conveys sharpness and speed far much better than the alternatives displayed in opening post.
You could look at 1000 logos and the largest majority of people would still pick the current logo ,
it looked fine 20 years ago , it looks fine today and will look fine in another 20 years so why change it ?

You could look at 1000 logos and the largest majority of people would still pick the current logo ,
it looked fine 20 years ago , it looks fine today and will look fine in another 20 years so why change it ?
They have gotta spend the bums on seats money somehow; these companies spend stupid amounts of money on these new Logo's and for what.
The present Logo is one of the classics; which are of a timeless design, why change it.

They have gotta spend the bums on seats money somehow; these companies spend stupid amounts of money on these new Logo's and for what.
The present Logo is one of the classics; which are of a timeless design, why change it.
Simply imagine the costs , replace a 5$ logo design because these designs look like they was made by a 10 year old at best ,
so replace the crappy design , but then spend millions updating every single thing in the world that carries the logo , all track signs , all merchandise , every single item , will cost millions and millions to do so ,
a sport in which keeps complaining about the costs and running costs , seems to be wasting a lot of money in my opinion on something that will change nothing , not look as nice and cost a lot of money / time and resources to do so :O_o:

In contrary to many other logos the F1 logo never had any era stamped on it - it's a timeless beauty and changing it doesn't make any sense - especially not with those 3 other designs which are most likely the worst logo designs i've seen in a racing context ever.

Absolutely no need to swap the logo...no need to fix something that isn't broken. Plus, it's such an iconic logo, it should be kept for keeps.

I like the first one, Pretty cool
7c4ec5bdbd54f82ac4ae4e1a4ad83571.png
looks like rr1, rrormula1 to me

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back