New Trademark Filings Hint at New F1 Logo Design

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
F1 Logo.jpg

According to new filings with the European Union Intellectual Property Office earlier today, Formula One could be looking to replace the iconic F1 design of the past 30 years.

Submitted by the subsidiary company of the Formula One brand, Formula One Licencing, a submission of three new logo designs have been registered as potential replacements for the iconic black, white and red design that has been in use since its introduction to the sport in the late 1980's.

Check out the submitted design variations below:

New F1 Logos.jpg

With these new designs perhaps failing to stir the soul as much as one would like for such a major brand as Formula One, can you design something more appropriate yourself? Give us your opinions and designs in the comments section and let's see if RD can out do the minds of the Formula One group and Liberty Media!

Check out the Formula One sub forum here at RaceDepartment for more news from the premier open wheel series in the world.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

What do you think of the new logo designs? Do you like the current image? What would your ideal design look like? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:

DND

Stay Safe, Healthy and be Kind - Stop Hate
I like the current one, although the retro one does bring back the days of SD viewing on a 4:3 screen.

Bram

RaceDepartment Founder
Staff
Premium
Took me 20 years to actually figure out the current logo. The white part actually spells a "1"

All three are all awful. The current one is the best looking one so far. These guys need a new design crew, the idea is to improve it, not make it look worse :O_o:

For a top brand with so much money, they really haven't spent much on designing those new logos. They're all rubbish and look like they were thought up by a five year old on his dad's PC. Maybe they should hire some of RD's graphic designers given the amazing job they do for our own leagues. :thumbsup:

I'm a fan of the first one. The other 2 are terrible.

But that said there is nothing wrong with the current logo and I don't see why they need to change, but now a days across sports they are always changing to sell all that new merch.

Matheus Machado

Talking Door Racing
Some logos aren't meant to be changed the current one looks awesome and is a trademark of F1 for years.

Not to mention it is a great representative of the great designs of the past. Something so simple yet so effective and representative. The fact the 1 in white is "hidden" there just adds to it.

Benutzername

www.hasenkamp-motorsport.de
Premium
There is way too much bad design in this world.
Many companies fail to do a proper redesign.

In this case though... The F1 logo is incredibly good.
DON'T TOUCH IT!

The new ones are not even close to the current one

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 84 19.5%
  • €151-500

Votes: 119 27.6%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 71 16.5%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 37 8.6%
  • €1501-3000