New Trademark Filings Hint at New F1 Logo Design

Whilst I think the 3 suggested logos are awful I'm not adverse to the idea of a rebrand. There has been some significant changes within F1 and we are at the start of a new era so a rebrand is warranted.

Has anyone stopped and thought about this? It's not necessarily a "We're planning to move to these logos" statement, it can be a "We're protecting our image by stopping people coming up with similar stuff". We know Force India is planning on changing their name - possibly to Force One, and they're basically saying "Don't make your logo this".

Apart from that they're all awful so I hope my previous paragraph turns out to be true.

Like the racing in F1 over recent years the new logos are boring, if anything the 1st one is the better of the 3, the other two are absolute rubbish.

No doubt some marketing/design company will have been paid shed loads of cash and tasked with creating a new F1 logo, and this is what they come up with. Oh dear.

Not saying I could make anything that betters these, or even the current F1 logo, which I feel is just fine, but then my job ain't in design/marketing, lol.

https://5-g.deviantart.com/art/F1-alternative-logo-183950871

abd03d18333ca5fcc6d4ab2ba1d22a02.png

The Septic Tanks are in charge and want to make a point. The logo change is coming, think of of it as a tax incentive. ;-)

Besides F1 is not what it was, other motor sports are now better imho.

Bad design is just that and these proposals are bad design.
I dislike the current version but it is established and recognisable.
If it ain't broke don't 'fix' it.
:thumbsdown:

the logo in the middle is even more unrecognizable as F1 than the actual logo. the third is a step back of about 30 years. Liberty can do better with all the money they have.

I'm with @VernWozza . A redesign would be welcome but all three look awful.

Emperors new clothes nothing else

I would imagine this is Liberty wanting to make money, as using their own design of logo means they can claim any usage and trademark costs for themselves rather than giving them to FOM. Or sharing them.

Logo changes happen all the time for this reason, it has nothing to do with anything else.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back