New to AC on PC. Steering feels way off.

I finally was able to convince the better half to allow me to invest in a half decent gaming PC in order to ditch consoles and so far, visually, it's been awesome. I can't believe the difference between playing on my new PC and playing on PS4. I also can't believe the amount of options available on PC that just aren't there on console.

That being said, I cannot get my wheel to feel right. It's very spongey and requires a ton of input to get the car turned. I've googled possible reasons for it and have tried everything I have found but it still feels miles behind what I was getting on my PS4.

I'm using a Logitech G29. I have the degrees of rotation set to 900, like I did on console and have the Logitech gaming software open in the background.

Has anyone else had any similar experiences and know of a work around?

I finally was able to convince the better half to allow me to invest in a half decent gaming PC in order to ditch consoles and so far, visually, it's been awesome. I can't believe the difference between playing on my new PC and playing on PS4. I also can't believe the amount of options available on PC that just aren't there on console.

That being said, I cannot get my wheel to feel right. It's very spongey and requires a ton of input to get the car turned. I've googled possible reasons for it and have tried everything I have found but it still feels miles behind what I was getting on my PS4.

I'm using a Logitech G29. I have the degrees of rotation set to 900, like I did on console and have the Logitech gaming software open in the background.

Has anyone else had any similar experiences and know of a work around?

What are your Logitech Gaming Software, and in game settings in their entirety?

• Deleted member 387850

I’ve come from a very similar setup, having initially used a G29 with AC on the PS4 before moving to the same setup on PC. I had next to no issues with the steering coming from the PS4 and don’t remember it feeling radically different on the PC version so it’s probably just a case of finding the right settings!

One thing I do remember is the force feedback felt much stronger on the PC so I had to dial the strength back a bit. Other than that I use the default AC profile in the Logitech Gaming Software and just followed the configuration wizard in AC. One thing you might want to check is the centering spring setting in LGS. I remember experimenting with it before and it can lead to the wheel being as you described. I set my centering spring to "enabled" but set the strength to 0%.

I’m not at my PC currently but I’ll try to grab some screenshots of my settings and post them later!

• Deleted member 387850

As far as I am aware LGS is required for the G29 to function correctly.

Here are my settings for AC in LGS:
miSVu8Z.png

tLzU6nC.png

And here are the settings I use in AC:
q3XhDV0.png

lEvHdlH.png

You can see my wheel is set at 879deg in AC as that's what was generated by running the configuration wizard. This ensures the rotation of my G29 matches the virtual wheel on screen. Other than that I think all the other settings came from the configuration preset with the exception of the Kerb Effects, Road Effects and ABS Effects which I reduced to 20%. I then adjust the overall FFB using the Force Feedback Controller app in car "to taste".

One thing I noticed when looking into this is that I believe I originally applied the Configuration Preset for "logitech_g29_shifter" before starting the Configuration Wizard. Looking at this preset now appears slightly different to mine so perhaps they are occasionally tweaked, but they seem to give a good starting point!

I feel honoured that my guide not only got very friendly reviews but also gets recommended nowadays in different threads. :)
To @BCJM76 please don't start to dig too deep though at the beginning of your sim journey. Yes, I think my settings are really good and feel great but it's quite complicated no matter how often I edit my texts to something more simple.

I think you should try @suspectmonkey 's settings as they look very reasonable from my perspective (no idea what 100% g27 profiler mean for the sensitivity slider in the g29 software but the rest looks like what I would set up without my look up tables!).
Only thing that might need some adjustment are road and kerb sliders as I find them to induce too much rumble noise on logitech wheels. I have them between 1-7%.
Also I have the slip slider at the same value as the abs slider because I often drive cars without abs or TC and it's very helpful for me to get feedback when I lock up or the rear starts to step out! :)

I'd say: try the settings and if you're still unhappy you can try my guide and lut to get to the very optimum but for now I would stay off of any guides, videos, programs, apps etc.
Just dial in what suspectmonkey posted and reply your results here :)

Happy new year guys!

Don't forget that on PC you have extra steering options in the setup (garage) screen. You may not have discovered them yet. From what I remember they are typically ignored on console. If you don't set them correctly the steering won't be right.

If you are using 900 degrees in the profiler I would recommend 30 degrees steering in the setup screen. If a car won't give you that change your profiler to 540 and use 23 in the setup screen. That's typically what I use. :)

I feel honoured that my guide not only got very friendly reviews but also gets recommended nowadays in different threads. :)
To @BCJM76 please don't start to dig too deep though at the beginning of your sim journey. Yes, I think my settings are really good and feel great but it's quite complicated no matter how often I edit my texts to something more simple.

I think you should try @suspectmonkey 's settings as they look very reasonable from my perspective (no idea what 100% g27 profiler mean for the sensitivity slider in the g29 software but the rest looks like what I would set up without my look up tables!).
Only thing that might need some adjustment are road and kerb sliders as I find them to induce too much rumble noise on logitech wheels. I have them between 1-7%.
Also I have the slip slider at the same value as the abs slider because I often drive cars without abs or TC and it's very helpful for me to get feedback when I lock up or the rear starts to step out! :)

I'd say: try the settings and if you're still unhappy you can try my guide and lut to get to the very optimum but for now I would stay off of any guides, videos, programs, apps etc.
Just dial in what suspectmonkey posted and reply your results here :)

Happy new year guys!

Your LUT completely transformed my G29 which always had a bit too much slop in AC for my taste. Its as if I bought a brand new wheel after installing the "NoClipButStronger" LUT, epic work !!! Biggest game changing mod I've come across for AC.

You also should at least try this:

http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/ffbclip-app.7910/

For me it’s a fire and forget app, never fiddled with ffb again since I use it. :)
In which way do you use it? The normal modes just set the ffb gain higher or lower.
Only if you use the dynamic mode you'll get something similar to my LUT files.

So maybe you could tell what settings you use in ffbclip? :)
Always interested in other settings! :geek:

In which way do you use it? The normal modes just set the ffb gain higher or lower.
Only if you use the dynamic mode you'll get something similar to my LUT files.

So maybe you could tell what settings you use in ffbclip? :)
Always interested in other settings! :geek:
FFBClip is no replacement for a LUT on Logitech wheels, just an addition. And I use normal mode ofc, dynamic is undrivable for me.
T500RS here btw.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea