New RaceRoom Racing Experience Content Previews and End of Year Blog

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
R3E End of Year Update.jpg

Sector3 Studios have revealed a series of new images and announcements regarding their RaceRoom Racing Experience title heading into the end of 2016, releasing images from the upcoming Volvo WTCC TC1 challenger, the new IndyCar style Formula US, a Formula One style race car and the new GT3 machines from both BMW and McLaren.

Although some of the content has been previewed previously in various dev stream and blog postings, the shots released today of the WTCC Polestar Volvo are the first in game footage revealed by Sector3 Studios. Also in the announcement today Sector3 have confirmed VR support is now at an advance stage of development alongside core game features such as a flag system, amongst other different and interesting enhancements to the game.

You can read the official posting in full below:

"Happy New Year!

We have plenty of new content already lined up for you to race next year and some exciting new game features in the works.

VR support is well on its way, as well as a flag system, manual pitstops, AI improvements, different tyre compounds, new data displays and constantly evolving physic updates. The Multiplayer mode will be expanded with player rankings, a license system and scheduled races in official online championships to provide you the best virtual Motorsport Experience.

Thanks to all of you for the support this year, and see you on track again in 2017!"

R3E F1.jpg
R3E IndyCar.jpg

RaceRoom Racing Experience is available for PC via the Steam Network. You can download the game with limited content for free - additional car and track packs can be purchased in the game store.

Take a look at the RaceDepartment RaceRoom Racing Experience forum for news, discussions, setups and of course our superb Racing Club events! If you want to prove you are one of the best sim racing drivers here at RaceDepartment

R3E McLaren.jpg R3E BMW .jpg

Are you happy to read the end of 2016 update from Sector3 Studios? Do you think 2016 has been a good year for the sim? What do you think 2017 will bring for RaceRoom Racing Experience? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
If you
Cool go pay for a fake car, why should they make an effort right ? since they can just make up a car and people like you will pay for that crap... What's even the point of adding new cars if you are happy with driving something that doesn't exisit... It defeats the purpose of digital racing if you think a made a car is ok. One of the biggest reason I love racing games is because I can race exsisting cars.

If you want Vegas, go to Vegas. I know, an oldie, but still frigging true. We are all sitting in front of a immovable monitor, on a chair, or in a racing seat, with fake wheels and a SIMULATED car "around" us. Come on. It´s make believe - that´s all. But hey it´s fun at hell. I do not want to drive 300 km/h in a car, because I could kill myself, and my wife and kids would not approve of me doing that - (nor would I, I admit) so we "settle" for less that reality for the thrill - and I, for one, love it.

I divide my screen time up between car sims, and flight sims. And it´s just the same there. I have flown a few hours in real small aircraft - and I can assure you that there are no comparison, because in a real aircraft you have the whole package - and in front of a computer - you don´t. But I still love simflying and simdriving.

And I actually think that all the sims are GREAT. because they can CHANGE the rules. They can make fantasy cars, experimental cars - and aircraft. Why only have sims learn from reality? Perhaps some "fake" cars can eventually become a real car - or aircraft... In the meantime - I love what I do in front of the computer - although I KNOW, that it´s not a really real car I am driving, or aircraft I am flying. I simply love it.

But it you want to experience the real deal - start in the Kart division and work your way up to become a real race driver... Then you can laugh at what the rest of us settle for.

Cool go pay for a fake car, why should they make an effort right ? since they can just make up a car and people like you will pay for that crap...

You must not play any other sim besides AC and Pcars then huh? Since those are the only 2 without fictional content, although AC is questionable there since they have some "step" versions of cars. AMS, iR, and rF2 all have a handful of fully fake/fictitious content. With AMS having the most.

Edit: Actually, none of our current sims have fully licensed and real content. AC and Pcars both have fake tracks... So, you must really struggle to decide what to play :p

What's even the point of adding new cars if you are happy with driving something that doesn't exisit... It defeats the purpose of digital racing if you think a made a car is ok. One of the biggest reason I love racing games is because I can race exsisting cars.

Perhaps some people that can think outside the box realize that part of sim racing is driving cars that you would never get to in real life and experiencing what they have to offer. So, just because a car isnt a real world branded name... doesnt mean you cant still understand the driving characteristics, sensation, and how the car behaves.

Plus, you have ~100 other cars in R3E you can drive if you dont like this one. The devs arent here to cater to your every desire. For that, grab a few bucks and ring up old Meg.

What im curious about is the word about Simbin's return. Havent heard anything anymore. Was it a hoax just like GTR3 5 years ago?

Well, they have an office in Manchester and are actively hiring to get people to work there. Doesnt look like a hoax to me :p

Fun fact: There is no Sim out there with real F1 cars. None. Codies F1 has the license of the 3D model and the paintwork/sponsoring, but that's it. The cars are far from simulated F1 cars - they don't even have working MGU-K. All other Sims have fantasy cars when it comes to F1 style cars. Unless you want to race against a grid of 20 Ferrari F1 cars (that can't be tuned in the same way then the real cars).

Erm, AC has real F1 cars that are fully licensed and not fictional. A fair number in fact. From a Maserati 250F, to the Lotus 25, 49, 72D, and 98T... to the Ferrari 312T, F138, and SF-15T. And the SF-15T has some pretty good hybrid systems in the game.

Those all have the correct shape and sponsors.

iR also has the McLaren from 2 season ago.

Other games do use fake F1 style cars though.

Last edited:
Erm, AC has real F1 cars that are fully licensed and not fictional. A fair number in fact. From a Maserati 250F, to the Lotus 25, 49, 72D, and 98T... to the Ferrari 312T, F138, and SF-15T. And the SF-15T has some pretty good hybrid systems in the game.
WoW, 1 car for their respective seasons..seriously, i rather have a fantasy series then a one car F1 grid..Now if at least one, no matter if 1955 or 2015 grid would be complete, it would definitely make sense..but this way..good for hotlapping

WoW, 1 car for their respective seasons..seriously, i rather have a fantasy series then a one car F1 grid..Now if at least one, no matter if 1955 or 2015 grid would be complete, it would definitely make sense..but this way..good for hotlapping

This has zero bearing on your previous statement...

Fun fact: There is no Sim out there with real F1 cars. None. Codies F1 has the license of the 3D model and the paintwork/sponsoring, but that's it.

Which is factually wrong.

Also if they could make the FOV options more accurate. One of the main reasons I don't play r3e all that much is that I can't get the FOV low enough to match my correct one. If they could atleast make the fov multiplier go down to something like 0.3x, aswell as make the steps half the length would be enough to make me happy.
I know you have had a response to this already, but there is also a way to accurately set the whole game FOV. Use File Explorer to navigate to your Documents folder and then My Games\Simbin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\Userdata. Open the file graphics_options.xml with Notepad (or similar) and edit the line in bold below:
<game__GraphicsOptions ID="/options/graphics">
<latestVersion type="uint32">14</latestVersion>
<custom type="uint32">2715</custom>
<custom type="uint32">1527</custom>
<custom type="int32">22</custom>
<custom type="int32">60</custom>
<custom type="bool">true</custom>
<custom type="bool">false</custom>
<custom type="uint32">4</custom>
<custom type="uint32">2</custom>
<custom type="uint32">2</custom>
<custom type="uint32">4</custom>
<custom type="float32">0.38799998</custom>
<custom type="int8">0</custom>
<custom type="int32">32</custom>
<custom type="int32">2</custom>
<custom type="float32">-1.00000000</custom>
<custom type="int32">1</custom>
<custom type="int32">0</custom>
<custom type="int32">0</custom>
<custom type="uint8">0</custom>
<custom type="uint8">0</custom>
<custom type="float32">0.00000000</custom>
<custom type="float32">0.00000000</custom>
<custom type="int32">36</custom>
<custom type="int32">36</custom>
</game__GraphicsOptions>

This figure is a multiplier of 58 degrees vFOV (RRRE FOV at 1x)
To work out your vFOV, check out http://www.projectimmersion.com/fov/ and choose rFactor as your game. Take the result, divide by 58 and use this decimal number in your graphics_options.xml (bold line above).

You must not play any other sim besides AC and Pcars then huh? Since those are the only 2 without fictional content, although AC is questionable there since they have some "step" versions of cars. AMS, iR, and rF2 all have a handful of fully fake/fictitious content. With AMS having the most.

Edit: Actually, none of our current sims have fully licensed and real content. AC and Pcars both have fake tracks... So, you must really struggle to decide what to play :p

Perhaps some people that can think outside the box realize that part of sim racing is driving cars that you would never get to in real life and experiencing what they have to offer. So, just because a car isnt a real world branded name... doesnt mean you cant still understand the driving characteristics, sensation, and how the car behaves.

Plus, you have ~100 other cars in R3E you can drive if you dont like this one. The devs arent here to cater to your every desire. For that, grab a few bucks and ring up old Meg.

Well, they have an office in Manchester and are actively hiring to get people to work there. Doesnt look like a hoax to me :p

Those all have the correct shape and sponsors.

iR also has the McLaren from 2 season ago.

Other games do use fake F1 style cars though.

Sorry but you argument is absolutly invalid ! rf2, pcars or anything else might have a few fantasy content, but it's FREE ! FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE unlike this game where you're going to pay 15 euro for a fake car ! FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

If you

If you want Vegas, go to Vegas. I know, an oldie, but still frigging true. We are all sitting in front of a immovable monitor, on a chair, or in a racing seat, with fake wheels and a SIMULATED car "around" us. Come on. It´s make believe - that´s all. But hey it´s fun at hell. I do not want to drive 300 km/h in a car, because I could kill myself, and my wife and kids would not approve of me doing that - (nor would I, I admit) so we "settle" for less that reality for the thrill - and I, for one, love it.

I divide my screen time up between car sims, and flight sims. And it´s just the same there. I have flown a few hours in real small aircraft - and I can assure you that there are no comparison, because in a real aircraft you have the whole package - and in front of a computer - you don´t. But I still love simflying and simdriving.

And I actually think that all the sims are GREAT. because they can CHANGE the rules. They can make fantasy cars, experimental cars - and aircraft. Why only have sims learn from reality? Perhaps some "fake" cars can eventually become a real car - or aircraft... In the meantime - I love what I do in front of the computer - although I KNOW, that it´s not a really real car I am driving, or aircraft I am flying. I simply love it.

But it you want to experience the real deal - start in the Kart division and work your way up to become a real race driver... Then you can laugh at what the rest of us settle for.

But the point is to fly or drive something that really exsist, otherwise why even bother modeling it ? why not just have a huge pixel square that goes around ? not to mention it's not free content, it's content that's got a heavy price tag on it for a fantasy car.

The Fj, FR2 & F3 all use data from the real cars there based on....so there's your effort ;) Being so many different variants of the cars from series to series around the world its kinda of a waste of money to license one just to put a branded badge on it as it doesn"t change the characteristics of the vehicle just the visual.......just like AMS
The other fictional cars are part of the FREE base package. Like someone else has mentioned, it's your choice to purchase or not.
For those that get upset with this method there's plenty of other sims out there for them to play :)

A waist of money to get licensing ? wow... so they got screwing the customer to a perfect science than... Let's not get licensing to save max money and let's make them pay for max profit....

The argument if it's not good for you, go elswhere is utterly non valid ! the point here is that they make you pay for fantasy cars ! if it was free yeah I wouldn't have **** to say. The problem is that you guys vote with your wallets, so if you support such low practices than they will keep siphoning your money.

Fun fact: There is no Sim out there with real F1 cars. None. Codies F1 has the license of the 3D model and the paintwork/sponsoring, but that's it. The cars are far from simulated F1 cars - they don't even have working MGU-K. All other Sims have fantasy cars when it comes to F1 style cars. Unless you want to race against a grid of 20 Ferrari F1 cars (that can't be tuned in the same way then the real cars).
Only one fooling here is you yourself. R3E is the only Sim out there to have a number of fully licensed racing series.

Fun fact, you are 100% wrong. AC, PC cars, forza, iracing, . All might have subjective or real physics, but they are all licensed product !

A waist of money to get licensing ? wow... so they got screwing the customer to a perfect science than... Let's not get licensing to save max money and let's make them pay for max profit....

The argument if it's not good for you, go elswhere is utterly non valid ! the point here is that they make you pay for fantasy cars ! if it was free yeah I wouldn't have **** to say. The problem is that you guys vote with your wallets, so if you support such low practices than they will keep siphoning your money.

Utterly invalid?
Nobody is voting with there wallets lol, and they don't MAKE you buy fantasy cars, it's your choice to purchase it or not.
And since you clearly don't support such low practices, that leaves you with only one valid option.......play another sim that does license those cars.
Since Sector3/Simbins first title the driving experience and licensing has been based around Touring cars & GT not open wheelers, but have kindly made a few models available for the small percentage of users that want them.....which shows in their servers, out of the 150+ servers running only 5 are open wheelers. So it makes complete sense to save that money and put it towards other licenses and resources.

Last edited:
The problem is that you guys vote with your wallets, so if you support such low practices than they will keep siphoning your money.
Like others have said, you are not forced to purchase it. Fantasy or not. Don't like it, don't buy it. They can only siphon money from those who want to buy a fantasy car. For example, they are not using my money at all because I won't buy it because I don't need it or want it. See, simple isn't it?:rolleyes:

Like others have said, you are not forced to purchase it. Fantasy or not. Don't like it, don't buy it. They can only siphon money from those who want to buy a fantasy car. For example, they are not using my money at all because I won't buy it because I don't need it or want it. See, simple isn't it?:rolleyes:

Not simple, because it works on a lot of people and also creates lazyness for easy cash.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.