New RaceRoom Racing Experience Content Previews and End of Year Blog

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
R3E End of Year Update.jpg

Sector3 Studios have revealed a series of new images and announcements regarding their RaceRoom Racing Experience title heading into the end of 2016, releasing images from the upcoming Volvo WTCC TC1 challenger, the new IndyCar style Formula US, a Formula One style race car and the new GT3 machines from both BMW and McLaren.

Although some of the content has been previewed previously in various dev stream and blog postings, the shots released today of the WTCC Polestar Volvo are the first in game footage revealed by Sector3 Studios. Also in the announcement today Sector3 have confirmed VR support is now at an advance stage of development alongside core game features such as a flag system, amongst other different and interesting enhancements to the game.

You can read the official posting in full below:

"Happy New Year!

We have plenty of new content already lined up for you to race next year and some exciting new game features in the works.

VR support is well on its way, as well as a flag system, manual pitstops, AI improvements, different tyre compounds, new data displays and constantly evolving physic updates. The Multiplayer mode will be expanded with player rankings, a license system and scheduled races in official online championships to provide you the best virtual Motorsport Experience.

Thanks to all of you for the support this year, and see you on track again in 2017!"

R3E F1.jpg
R3E IndyCar.jpg

RaceRoom Racing Experience is available for PC via the Steam Network. You can download the game with limited content for free - additional car and track packs can be purchased in the game store.

Take a look at the RaceDepartment RaceRoom Racing Experience forum for news, discussions, setups and of course our superb Racing Club events! If you want to prove you are one of the best sim racing drivers here at RaceDepartment

R3E McLaren.jpg R3E BMW .jpg

Are you happy to read the end of 2016 update from Sector3 Studios? Do you think 2016 has been a good year for the sim? What do you think 2017 will bring for RaceRoom Racing Experience? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
There is a way to do it. Go to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\raceroom racing experience\Game\GameData\Cars". Here there is a folder for every car. Inside each folder there is a file called "cockpit_driver_view".

Into this file is the FOV value. You have to modify this file changing the FOV value. Default value is 58, try with 30 or similar (i use this value).

Modify this file for each car you want to drive.

Regards.
Thank you so much!

lol keep fooling yourself ! it's not an exsisting model so yeah it's fantasy ! I don't see the point of a fantasy car...

I'm not fooling myself, it's something users of the game have been asking for so they've done the best they can with what they are allowed to do :thumbsup:

I prefer endurance and GT but I'm sure that this car will be popular once it's released.

RRE is getting better all the time. It really is growing into a fantastic race sim. Now they need to sort out the track limits and penalise drivers more severely for track cutting. Looking forward to the Indycars though.
You're right it is growing into a fantastic sim :thumbsup:
I'm sure once the professional's find an answer to the track limits problem R3E will be sure to follow suit.

I would love to see all thoose tracks in R3E, it has my favorite trackside ambiance. Always surprised we don't see the Glen represented in more Sims, at least Road America is covered by mod teams for AMS and rF2.

Crossed fingers for rain and night racing. Those pretty windshields and wipers on most cars sitting idle is a sin.
That!
I have PCars, AC and R3E and the only one of them to feature weather and night racing is pcars. :(
I like the driving model in R3E a lot more, better controllable if you are below the limit and at the limit, and pretty punishing once you go over.
The AI in R3E is also so much nacer to race with.

Also, I want that 650S GT3! :)

• ronniej

Are you happy to read the end of 2016 update from Sector3 Studios? Do you think 2016 has been a good year for the sim? What do you think 2017 will bring for RaceRoom Racing Experience? Let us know in the comments section below!

1) Neither happy or unhappy, just glad "R3E 2016" is done with.
2) For me?..Absolutely not.
3) If this past year is any indication of what to expect for 2017 then I don't think much more than articles of hopes and purchasable content etc.

Don't get me wrong, as I'm glad that some players are happy and have been able to enjoy R3E, and for that, I'm sincerely jealous. Me personally, I've mostly experienced connectivity issues ("503" server errors) and lag (mostly since the W10 Anniversary Update 1607)

I hope they can sort it out, as I enjoyed driving the ADAC, WTCC and DTM races which is why I purchased content for R3E in the first place.

I'm detecting abnormally high levels of NaCl. You should see a doctor about that.

Cool go pay for a fake car, why should they make an effort right ? since they can just make up a car and people like you will pay for that crap... What's even the point of adding new cars if you are happy with driving something that doesn't exisit... It defeats the purpose of digital racing if you think a made a car is ok. One of the biggest reason I love racing games is because I can race exsisting cars.

Yeahyeah...working on flags, displays. 2017 is long and 2018 even longer.:cautious:
What im curious about is the word about Simbin's return. Havent heard anything anymore. Was it a hoax just like GTR3 5 years ago?

Honestly the Studio was announced not long ago, I doubt they'll have had time to have anything to show this year at e3 and or Gamescon, though I guess it depends on how efficiently S3 and Simbin will be working together.

You're right it is growing into a fantastic sim :thumbsup:
I'm sure once the professional's find an answer to the track limits problem R3E will be sure to follow suit.
Lets hope so. :thumbsup:
In the meantime, for my offline racing fun, I really do want a working flag system and animated pitstops etc. And I am sure they will come.

Cool go pay for a fake car, why should they make an effort right ? since they can just make up a car and people like you will pay for that crap... What's even the point of adding new cars if you are happy with driving something that doesn't exisit... It defeats the purpose of digital racing if you think a made a car is ok. One of the biggest reason I love racing games is because I can race exsisting cars.

Fun fact: There is no Sim out there with real F1 cars. None. Codies F1 has the license of the 3D model and the paintwork/sponsoring, but that's it. The cars are far from simulated F1 cars - they don't even have working MGU-K. All other Sims have fantasy cars when it comes to F1 style cars. Unless you want to race against a grid of 20 Ferrari F1 cars (that can't be tuned in the same way then the real cars).
Only one fooling here is you yourself. R3E is the only Sim out there to have a number of fully licensed racing series.

The Fj, FR2 & F3 all use data from the real cars there based on....so there's your effort ;) Being so many different variants of the cars from series to series around the world its kinda of a waste of money to license one just to put a branded badge on it as it doesn"t change the characteristics of the vehicle just the visual.......just like AMS
The other fictional cars are part of the FREE base package. Like someone else has mentioned, it's your choice to purchase or not.
For those that get upset with this method there's plenty of other sims out there for them to play :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 318 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 218 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 213 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 159 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 276 13.5%