New RaceRoom Racing Experience Content Previews and End of Year Blog

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
R3E End of Year Update.jpg

Sector3 Studios have revealed a series of new images and announcements regarding their RaceRoom Racing Experience title heading into the end of 2016, releasing images from the upcoming Volvo WTCC TC1 challenger, the new IndyCar style Formula US, a Formula One style race car and the new GT3 machines from both BMW and McLaren.

Although some of the content has been previewed previously in various dev stream and blog postings, the shots released today of the WTCC Polestar Volvo are the first in game footage revealed by Sector3 Studios. Also in the announcement today Sector3 have confirmed VR support is now at an advance stage of development alongside core game features such as a flag system, amongst other different and interesting enhancements to the game.

You can read the official posting in full below:

"Happy New Year!

We have plenty of new content already lined up for you to race next year and some exciting new game features in the works.

VR support is well on its way, as well as a flag system, manual pitstops, AI improvements, different tyre compounds, new data displays and constantly evolving physic updates. The Multiplayer mode will be expanded with player rankings, a license system and scheduled races in official online championships to provide you the best virtual Motorsport Experience.

Thanks to all of you for the support this year, and see you on track again in 2017!"

R3E F1.jpg
R3E IndyCar.jpg

RaceRoom Racing Experience is available for PC via the Steam Network. You can download the game with limited content for free - additional car and track packs can be purchased in the game store.

Take a look at the RaceDepartment RaceRoom Racing Experience forum for news, discussions, setups and of course our superb Racing Club events! If you want to prove you are one of the best sim racing drivers here at RaceDepartment

R3E McLaren.jpg R3E BMW .jpg

Are you happy to read the end of 2016 update from Sector3 Studios? Do you think 2016 has been a good year for the sim? What do you think 2017 will bring for RaceRoom Racing Experience? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
The Multiplayer mode will be expanded with player rankings, a license system and scheduled races in official online championships to provide you the best virtual Motorsport Experience.

For me this is the biggest piece of sim-racing news I've heard in a long time and I'm really surprised this is not the main focus of discussion in this thread. Really really excited to see if a real competitor to Iracing could evolve. It really is long overdue.

Its clear that what ever is discussed, may it be new things for RRE
or any other SIM there´s always a second opinion and most always
a negative opinion that steals the fun out of it.
No SIM has it all, they all lack something! When ever,if ever a SIM
has it all we all be there and happy about it.
Now to what the tread started about I also look forward to
improved MP and server issues should not be forgotten!!
If after that given time to "sell" us new cars and tracks,
weather, tyres,thats marvelous to me and a lot off others supporters to RRE .

well, r3e is now the only racing-game left on my hdd.... the awesome sound-production by Antony Montheil is the only reason this title even survived this long....but this is just a matter of time until r3e also flys of my hdd. in 2016 i didn't see any real improvements. you can't criticize, make suggestions or whatever to improve the game (well, mostly any game to be fair). they simply do what they want to do and me as consumer just has to see if it fits my needs or not.

i'm not even sure if this 2017-year is just big Bla Bla after all this weak year 2016 to keep the people interested (buying their upcoming stuff ;)).

The Multiplayer mode will be expanded with player rankings, a license system and scheduled races in official online championships to provide you the best virtual Motorsport Experience.

For me this is the biggest piece of sim-racing news I've heard in a long time and I'm really surprised this is not the main focus of discussion in this thread. Really really excited to see if a real competitor to Iracing could evolve. It really is long overdue.

This is what's attracted me to R3E -- I've been doing iRacing fairly exclusively since 2009, and I'm ready for something different. I play around with AC and RFactor, but only as an occasional distraction -- what I really want is something that offers an online experience similar to iRacing . . . some competition in that area would definitely improve the breed across the board, IMO.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back