NeffO´s FX Lighting Physics Details and AI  Update

Misc NeffO´s FX Lighting Physics Details and AI Update 2.1 Rev 4

Login or Register an account to download this content
NeffO76 updated NeffO´s FX Lighting Physics Details and AI Update with a new update entry:

new lighting, melbourne fix

Hi this is update 2.1
I have changed the light definitions in this update for better sunlight and more difuse light. Nights loooking different too last update. Look at the screenshots how it looks right now.
The user nightfly says to me that the car is spinning in the first and second corner on carrier. I have put now the original vehicle ai into the track. No spinning no ramming of other cars. All is fine.
That´s it

What...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Alright, I just took this update for a spin and my problems with the AI seem to be fixed. Went a few leps around Melbourne and Bahrain, and the AI is taking every turn the way they are supposed to. Thank you once again for your hard work! It really is much appreciated.

By the way, it wasn't really that the cars were spinning out, but they were more missing corners. The first corner at Melbourne the AI took too late, they never hit the apex except the slower cars. Turn 9 or 10 at Bahrain they break a good second before the actual breaking point. But this is all fixed now, so I'm happy!

So, a little update on the whole AI situation.

After your update I had no problems anymore on Australia and Bahrain. Then I got to Monaco and the AI massively screws up the Grand Hotel Hairpin. This causes a massive pile-up of cars basically every single lap. So I decided to do a clean install, and test the AI out with every mod I installed. With just the 2016 mod the AI is working fine, also when I throw in the AI of your mod or the Super Season mod the AI goes around every track just fine. It is when I throw in your mods when things start to go awry with the AI. I can't pinpoint the problem exactly, I've already spend countless of hours just testing all of this out haha. But could it have something to do with the updated tracks?

I do wonder if anyone else is having these same issues?

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.