Need For Speed: SHIFT & SHIFT 2 Unleashed

Well good news, the carreer wasnt corrupted, but it seems the .bff files may have been. I reinstalled the game again and currently i'm using the same mods in unpacked form with none of the issues I was previous having with the injected versions, with the same save game.

When I made the post above, I had not been using the career mod I sent you, so no bml mods, I was only using very basic mods which I knew actually worked previously. However, it seemed using the injector with my basic mods had somehow corrupted the .bff files and started causing in-game issues, even after re-injecting default files. I tried reinstalling the game and trying only the basic mods and still the same thing happened a second time. So it seems something gets screwed up when injecting a certain number of mods (neither of these times did i try running .bml mods).

It's worth noting that I didnt notice any of these issues with the older version of the injector, before we started screwing with .bml files.

The problem for me with drifting is that the same car will handle entirely different on a drift track than it does on a race track, with no differences in parts or tuning.

I believe it should be exactly the same physics between drift and race, and that its up to the player to tune his/her car for drift or race. Instead of trying to learn two entirely different games.

So, if I got it right, I have 2 mods installed, you have 4 mods installed, my neighbour have 5 mods installed randomly. We only have access to online races if someone has the very same mods that each one of us have. :stop:

To be honest, if a file checking system is in place, then I expect it would ban anyone that has altered certain files from playing online at all. I know some games do allow people with the exact same mods to play together, but I don't know about Shift.

Its possible that sound/graphics mods might be ok because they do not directly affect gameplay, but things like the Real Mod which alter physics would likely be picked up.

Sorry if I was not clear but,
this is the Mod I am having problems with:
Bonus cars in Career Mod 1.0 added by TAKU0730

The game is unpacked, other mods work and I can see the bonus cars in quick race but cannot buy them

Save game I was referring too was in the past others have posted save game files(from your my documents file) with certain things unlocked and cars in the car lot

Thanks

Also might want to check my post above for the list of bugs Ive found with all the unlock bonus car mods. Which is the reason I released an unlock cayman mod, as thats the only one so far that doesnt cause issues.

If the savegame you try to use contains modded content that is not in your game (such as the ability to buy bonus/reward cars), that could cause major problems.
I didn't know that thanx

@ANAC I see your post,
is anyone working on a fix- I want to add the Terlingua Mustang and the '10 Falken mustang GT to my cars
Thanks to you too

• TAKU0730

I recently started to immitate Carbon crew bosses cars. Already made Darius one and almost finished Wolfs TFK
pic.php

Update: Just finished TFK
pic.php

Attachments

• 140.jpg
    140.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 245
  • Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 252
how do you change the tyres can you explain ?
do i need to copy paste some files to somewhere?
Go to vehicles\physics\vehicles and open a car you want to put tires to and a car that has good tires and just copy it over.
like "slick_gt2" instead of "street_x"

<prop name="Vehicle Tyres" data="slick_gt2" />

Or go to tyres folder and copy paste all the data from slick_gt2 to street_x.. thats what I did..

Lot of tires to choose from in tyres folder.. gt1 slick, gt2 slick, street, drift, supercar..

• kangfu10

i compare the rf and your Mod .i find something different. for example the Car Still steady and when the tyre loss grip which is easy to control in the shift with your mod. It will spin and drift out the road suddenly in rf . next about the gravity transfer ,it is so Soft and controlable too much when i power the gas.it will be spin in the rf.hope you can take my suggestion to improve it ,goog job

Massive load times after bling bling mod

i installed the official patch cutting the load times significantly
bu after installing the bling bling mod, load times are massive again

you'd think because less stuff to load, shorter loadtimes

i am playing the unpacked version

anybody have this problem too? and maybe how you helped it?

thanks

• TAKU0730

Unfortunately R8 LMS is not sellable at all. Deal with it guys
Regarding Slots reduced and bonus cars already in my car lot, there is no way to make them being available in shop right away, in other way they wont exist.
I have tried to add mod on my previous save file on early stages and all works alrighty.

Other thing could be that you dont have enough level to unlock a certain car, i told that in explanation to show unlockable items properly < means if you dont own certain level then you wont find car anywhere yet

The problem for me with drifting is that the same car will handle entirely different on a drift track than it does on a race track, with no differences in parts or tuning.

I believe it should be exactly the same physics between drift and race, and that its up to the player to tune his/her car for drift or race. Instead of trying to learn two entirely different games.
In the end who cares about drift mode, its broken..You get more points for spinning out than proper drift..
I was hopeless with it but still won because I got so much points for spinning like a monkey..
Just dont do drift events.. I setup my 370z for drifting and im having fun drifting it around tracks in normal mode so whatever..

and carer is somewhat broken.. so much money to always get the best car and I didnt even do any 4 tier event and I already unlocked final tier5 tournament..

• TAKU0730

sry but theres many possibilities that this mod wont work for others, like other mods doesnt work for some ppl *shrug*

• Und3rw0r1d

In the end who cares about drift mode, its broken..You get more points for spinning out than proper drift..
I was hopeless with it but still won because I got so much points for spinning like a monkey..
Just dont do drift events.. I setup my 370z for drifting and im having fun drifting it around tracks in normal mode so whatever..

and carer is somewhat broken.. so much money to always get the best car and I didnt even do any 4 tier event and I already unlocked final tier5 tournament..

So true, drifting really isn't any fun in this game :(

and career is just well... stupid I mean you do a few races and BANG you've got the next tier unlocked, it would make more sense that you would at least have to have done all the races and then got a new tier. But who am I to complain :p

• Und3rw0r1d

Best keyboard settings?

I'm using a keyboard for NFS SHIFT (..I know I know I need a wheel, but money's a bit tight :p)

So I would like to know what would be the best settings for a keyboard?
Or what mod should I use :)

BTW if I wanted to buy a wheel, what wheel would you recommend (not too expensive please anything between 20 - 60 euros :))

Thanks in advance,
Und3rw0r1d

Can't help with settings, because I'd never play a driving game without at least an analogue joystick.

A wheel you might want to consider is the Formula Force EX. Its pretty cheap (mine was £40), but still a good wheel in my opinion. Its pretty sturdy, plenty of buttons which are easy to reach, and I found it to be very precise. The FFB is generally pretty good, although the forces are delivered directly from motor to wheel using gears so vibration effects can feel bit 'rattly' sometimes.

Mine is currently serving as a backup, just in case my 12 year old Thrustmaster finally decides to die on me.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 127 85.8%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 25 16.9%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 24 16.2%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 19 12.8%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 45 30.4%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 51 34.5%