Game Version: NFS Shift 1.1
Version: 1.2b
Date: 12/10/09
Author(s): Anach
Forum: http://www.tassyp2p.tk
Homepage: http://www.anach.tk

Details
=======

In this mod I have doubled all required laps for standard race types. I have not touched driver duel timeattack, drift or endurance races.

As part of an ongoing Campaign overhall, I have also reduced the incoming cash flow from races by half. This is to make the game more challening and owning cars more rewarding (From effort.)

I've done away with rolling starts for races, as I find that when starting from a rolling start, I tend to end up off to one side of the track, in a collision, or in the wrong gear. Now all races start from a normal Starting Grid.

I have removed the objective that requires the player to "Spin out" opponents during a race, as I found this was an almost impossible task on Pro mode, especially if you are trying to win the race. All "Spin out" objectives are now "Master Corners" type objectives.

As of v1.2, The required points required to level up have been doubled, and the required stars to unlock tiered events has also been doubled. Oddly, the doubling of points seems to fit better with the amount of points won, which makes me believe they may have originally intended to have it this way. However, both these adjustments are provisional as I havent had time to test them thoroughly or sit down and do the math to make sure all events are actually unlockable, due to getting married on the weekend (10th of the 10th), so for now, I have released as is to give my testers (you) time to help me out :)

Install
=======

To install this you need to unpack your NFS Shift files - http://forum.racedepartment.com/need...nfs-shift.html
You also need to use the Generic Mod Installer, as certain files need to be removed in order for this mod to work correctly . The Mod installer will do this and create a backup of your existing files. http://forum.racedepartment.com/need...installer.html

1. Extract this archive to your NFS SHIFT root folder.
2. Run the Generic Mod Installer and install this mod.

3. To uninstall, run the Generic Mod Installer and remove this mod.

Known Issues, Conflicts or Bugs
====================
-none

History
=======
1.0, 03/10/09
- Initial release.

1.1b, 08/10/09
- Added reduced (half) cash rewards for all races.
- Changed all rolling start races to normal Grid.
- Changed "Spin out Opponents" type objectives to "Master Corners" objective.

1.2b 12/12/09
- Doubled the XP required to level - provisional (see above)
- Doubled the Stars required to unlock events. - provisional (see above)

Licensing/Legal
===============
You can do whatever you want with this mod but all I ask in return is that
you give me credit if you distribute any part of this mod.

Hi P.Ribeiro mate, I've the G25 and DOF mods and no online issues at all. Well gamewise, the gamers are a different story...

Still surprised some matures play that game as it's such a disappointment for me personally

rafnix

Excellent mod Anach. Is it also possible to increase the number of stars required to unlock new tiers? I thought it was a tad silly that I had NFS Live available before even finishing T2.

Just a mod that was needed..
If only something could be done about selling cars that when you sell it you sell it for less than you bought it so you really have to pay atention what cars you have in your garage and how you progress..

I dont remeber how it was but prize money from races between tiers need to be higher and sponsor money lower but that you can still have many cars in the end trough winning races

Don't know of any cheats, but there is a trainer that allows you to unlock all cars and upgrades. Note that if you have renamed your .exe to GRID, you will have to name it back to SHIFT for the trainer to recognise the game.

Linkity Link

If only something could be done about selling cars that when you sell it you sell it for less than you bought it so you really have to pay atention what cars you have in your garage and how you progress..

That would be good, but only if we can test any car we like as a loaner in Quick Race. I'd be quite annoyed if I blew all my money on a car and ended up hating it.

Excellent mod Anach. Is it also possible to increase the number of stars required to unlock new tiers? I thought it was a tad silly that I had NFS Live available before even finishing T2.

I plan to do something about the points system as well as the car buy/sell costs as well. Right now it's even easier to level up due to the double laps, which allow more points to be accumulated during a race. So that is most likely next thing I'll be fixing. The mod is on-going and I plan to overhaul the entire campaign eventually, but I want a chance to play a little as I go :p

Quick Race

Maybe I'm missing something, but are there any files related to the Quick Race feature? I'd like to remove the 20 lap limitation, as well as find out how the game is determining which drivers/cars/grid positions to use.

Download: Anach's No Impact Effects 1.0

Downloads: A new file has been added by Anach:

Anach's No Impact Effects 1.0

Name: No Impact Effects
Game Version: NFS Shift 1.1
Version: 1.0
Date: 08/10/09
Author(s): Anach
Forum: http://www.tassyp2p.tk
Homepage: http://www.anach.tk

Details
=======

This will remove the greyscale and blur effect when hitting something with your car.

Install
=======

To install this you need to unpack your NFS Shift files - http://forum.racedepartment.com/need...nfs-shift.html
I also recommend to use the Generic Mod Installer, as the Mod installer will create a backup of your existing files. http://forum.racedepartment.com/need...installer.html

1. Extract this archive to your NFS SHIFT root folder.
2. Run the Generic Mod Installer and install this mod.

3. To uninstall, run the Generic Mod Installer and remove this mod.

Known Issues, Conflicts or Bugs
====================
-none

History
=======
1.0, 05/10/09
- Initial release.

Licensing/Legal
===============
You can do whatever you want with this mod but all I ask in return is that
you give me credit if you distribute any part of this mod.

I plan to do something about the points system as well as the car buy/sell costs as well. Right now it's even easier to level up due to the double laps, which allow more points to be accumulated during a race. So that is most likely next thing I'll be fixing. The mod is on-going and I plan to overhaul the entire campaign eventually, but I want a chance to play a little as I go :p
So your saying its possible to make it sell it for less money?

Goffik you can always turn off autosave and try things out..

I have been going trough career with only one car in garage at all times..
Its like: Ok now for this event I need tear 2 japanese car so I sell the previous, buy the best Japanese car and then upgrade it to the max with leftover money..its pointless, it doesnt encourage planing or keeping cars

Excellent. Levelling should definitely be slower even with the default laps. My main profile hit lvl 50 halfway through T4, and that was without any specific effort to get max points during races.

To be honest, I'm not sure I like the way it works at all... drive well and you get lots of points for the racing line and mastering corners, drive badly and you get lots of points for ramming people and sliding your way around corners. Its a win/win situation. :p Thats just my personal opinion though, so changing the whole system should probably be left to separate mod.

Iounas said:
I dont remeber how it was but prize money from races between tiers need to be higher and sponsor money lower...

It looks like you can lower or even remove sponser money by editing Properties\reputation_levels.xml. Untested, because my profile is already maxxed.

Just curious, but when you hit something using this mod, do you still get some brief graphical effects around the edge of the screen? Its not blurring or greyscale... it looks more like corruption. It doesn't bother me because it doesn't interfere with my view, but I'm just wondering if I missed something when I made my own version of this mod.

To be honest, I'm not sure I like the way it works at all... drive well and you get lots of points for the racing line and mastering corners, drive badly and you get lots of points for ramming people and sliding your way around corners. Its a win/win situation. :p Thats just my personal opinion though, so changing the whole system should probably be left to separate mod.
those points are more like experience than reward..except for the millions you earn from them :)
You race and race and get like 20000 per win and than you get millions from sponsors for nothing..
Anyways I stopped playing career midway trough 3rd tier..
I was lapping Nurburgring in quick race mode and got ****load of points and money so I consider my career finished

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.