Need For Speed: SHIFT & SHIFT 2 Unleashed

Surely having any mods installed, even just two, would prevent you from playing online. Its not the number of mods that matters, its what they change. Many games check the files, with changes being flagged... helps to stop cheating.

Paulo Ribeiro said:
The NFSShift online sucks BTW, however I find it cool aswell.

Lol... isn't that a contradiction in terms?

There is no need whatsoever to weed out 'duplicates'. Anyone that has followed the original method will have unpacked their files directly to the games folder. The '-o' part of the command means 'overwrite'. It is required to make sure you have all the files the game is actually using... ie, the ones from the .bffs.

In other words, just dump everything that came out of the .bffs directly into your game folder, overwriting if asked.

I had a feeling that I'd get no response... if there was such a file, I probably would have found it already. Time for plan B.

Long story short, I'm looking for the name of the commands assigned to Numpad 2 and Numpad 8, which make you look up/down. Now, I'm 99.9% sure that the commands for Numpad 4/6 are called 'Look Left' and 'Look Right'. However, the commands assigned to Numpad 2/8 are not the obvious 'Look up' and 'Look down'. I'm running out of alternative words for up/down, so suggestions would be welcome.

I've already tried:

Up Upward Upwards Back Backward Backwards Raise High

Down Downward Downwards Forward Forwards Lower Low

Other than the savegame corruption with trying to remove certain bml files, i'm also having other issues of mods that once worked, no longer working when installed with the latest BFF tools. It seems that the game will now no longer recognise my reputation_scoring.xml modifications, even when installed using the other BFF Injector on this board. Not only that, but i'm having trouble starting certain races now, in that they dont actually load. It simply sits there loading endlessly.

It is possible that my save game is corrupted from an earlier issue and it's only just starting to show problems, but its hard to say. At this stage, I'm thinking I may simply go back to using unpacked files, as there seems to be less hassle with mods not working or save game issues happening due to not being able to reliably edit certain file types such as bml etc. It's also much easier to backup the unpacked files when installing mods using the Generic Mod Installer and return to a clean state once another patch is released.

Just because it has bugs doesn't mean it's no good.

GPL had probably the highest bug and general "****ty technical issue" to quality ratio of any game ever. I think Shift has less wrong with it at 1.0 than just about anything that shows up on this site. And honestly, it just looks newbish to run around screaming about this like it is the first racing game ever to have a bug.

Another Bug?

Another bug. Wondering if its just my game (modded) or whether others are seeing it too.

I started a Quick Race, 5 laps of Silverstone International, 'Same Class' cars, me in my fully upgraded non-works Lotus Elise.

The first thing that became apparent was that the cars were not 'same class'... in fact, I was the only T2 car on the grid. The AI was made up of two Mustang GTs (reward car), two Coke Zero Vipers (not unlocked for me), one Porsche 911... and four Zondas.

But that's not all. After the race was over, the leaderboard was also buggered. It said that five of the drivers were Chuck Stafford, two were Michal Jeschke, and two had different names. Surely the game should not be putting more than one of each driver in a race?

On top of that, it said that six of the drivers were using CZ Vipers and three of them were using Mustang GTs... which is totally wrong.

Anyone else seeing these issues?

Edit:

Just tried the same race with the same settings on my unpacked but unmodified install. The result was identical... the AI used the same cars as above, and the leaderboard still showed only Vipers and Mustangs. The only difference was that the five cloned drivers were using a different name, as were the other two clones.

Sorry if I was not clear but,
this is the Mod I am having problems with:
Bonus cars in Career Mod 1.0 added by TAKU0730

The game is unpacked, other mods work and I can see the bonus cars in quick race but cannot buy them

Save game I was referring too was in the past others have posted save game files(from your my documents file) with certain things unlocked and cars in the car lot

Thanks

White00gt said:
Save game I was referring too was in the past others have posted save game files(from your my documents file) with certain things unlocked and cars in the car lot

If the savegame you try to use contains modded content that is not in your game (such as the ability to buy bonus/reward cars), that could cause major problems.

Tried again, this time with a Golf GTi. No cloned drivers this time, though the leaderboard still didn't accurately record the cars being used in the actual race... it said four RX-8s when there were only two. This time five cars were indeed in the same class, with the remaining four being T2.

Lol... isn't that a contradiction in terms?

Well...not necessarily...but it ain't the main of the subjet.

So, if I got it right, I have 2 mods installed, you have 4 mods installed, my neighbour have 5 mods installed randomly. We only have access to online races if someone has the very same mods that each one of us have. :stop:
It sucks, really. I thought that it will work like that only with tracks and cars.
We can have different sounds at GTL-GTR2-GTREVO, etc...yet we can play online. Anyway, I wonder if I can host and hope if anyone have what I have. :secret:
Didn't try yet.

Thanks for your reply Goffik.

Anach, how did you get your profile corrupted? When I tried to remove careersettings.xml from BFF the career races got lost and the menu was always showing "START CAREER" option, but when I exited the game and restored BOOTSPA.bff, next time I started the same profile it was intact.

I think there's some files that can't be removed the way I did in code, and my guess is there's no way to remove files from BFF archives because the game (in some places as far as I know) is not using the nametable at all, instead it's using the file index (i.e. use 8th file for livery01.dds, etc.) in archive, regardless the name you set in BFF (I tried setting all names in nametable with _ for dodge_challenger_*.bff, and the game still loads the car, liveries, etc.).

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 443 69.4%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 276 43.3%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 294 46.1%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 133 20.8%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 172 27.0%
Back