Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit

1) It is NOT a sim, hot pursuit has never been a sim and never will be, you really shouldnt expect it to be.
2) Career mode is not hard as you get further in, its too easy all the way through, not had one of my times beat on speedwall yet.
3) The only problems it has is, lack of in game chat and no immunity to same sides in hot pursuit mode, other than that its a very good game, unfornuately they ported console version over to pc and made a few errors.

How's the performance Jason?

As most here.. I'm a simmer.. But I do like NFS for kick back and relaxing, "R & R driving", a bit of fun. Like Most Wanted, if I felt like designing a car, due to over 70 choices, I use ProStreet, the Charger in Carbon has the most realistic sounds I've ever heard in a game, some aspects of NFS are nice, but its all just for relaxing. Never serious competition.

There are actually some good racers online atm, I only have a 85% win rate and thats rare for me, I first started nfs when underground was released and I constantly sat in the top 10 online for drag/sprint/circuit.

But The quality of racers online has definitely improved in HP 2010.

Performance as in cars or general system?

My system runs it fine if thats what your asking, only thing I could do with is a better card to take full advantage of my HD monitor.

I am a simmer too but I just cannot decide what title to buy as I dont know which leagues I would want to enter :)

Was talking about System, I know the general performance for NFS.. For some reason I went back and Played the Originl NFS 3 Hot Pursuit (I have it) the other day.. And I was driving my beloved 1998 Holden Commodore, and I dont know why but it felt like a sim, I had to break and the car only got up to 160km/h on the long straights, it was alot like real life.

Considering a fully upgraded Gold TDI could do 350km/h in Most Wanted, I think that realism from 12 years ago is impressive.. But then they start producing the half-games like ProStreet, half sim half arcade, you need to break but you can slide around corners, it's interesting, but still just R&R.

I wasn't bad at drifting at ProStreet..

Looking back I was a bit silly calling it Record Breaker but oh well, sell a crowd eh

Then its a good job that very few will listen to a biased person then eh?

The fact that the game rooms are maxed out between 9am and 12 midnight suggests your oponion is biased, if it was so bad as you say then so many would not play it for that long day in day out.

I have a friends copy, and in all honestly it's brilliant for R&R, just like I said earlier.. But I do agree, cop chases are way too easy, I like the drifting around corners though, nice touch. It's a little bit like the predecessor, not bad tbh. It's nice.

I have been reading on NeoGaf that the drifting in Hot Pursuit is a lot like a cross between Ridge Racer and OutRun 2006: Coast 2 Coast. Did any of you play those games? If so, is that an accurate assumption?

i did get this game for som fun time ,no wheel support?if u google hot pursuit mod for g25 or27 u will get 2 small files which just drop into ur install folder and hey presto u have some quality feel +manual shift with paddles.ENJOY

i did get this game for som fun time ,no wheel support?if u google hot pursuit mod for g25 or27 u will get 2 small files which just drop into ur install folder and hey presto u have some quality feel +manual shift with paddles.ENJOY

Yup, that's courtesy of my good friend Racer_S! He is a kick ass coder and does a SUPERB job with these hacks :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back