Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit

Anyone playing this game? Is it nice?

No steering wheel support whatsoever for PS3, and horrible support for the PC, with manual trans completely lacking and a ridiculously large deadzone. So if you want to play the PC version with a wheel, you're better off avoiding it like the plague.

I've heard this game shares alot of similarities with Burnout 3... is this correct? Because BO:paradise was a load of crap but Burnout 3 was actually quite solid...
I've seen people give mixed reviews towards this game, a gaming TV show here in Australia said it was the most fun they had in a racing game for years... They aren't big racers tho and that could be why...

Still i wanna check this game out because EA have been mutilating the NFS franchise since Carbon... might be fresh to play something not made by Elementary Arts :p

-Jenkins

I've heard this game shares alot of similarities with Burnout 3... is this correct? Because BO:paradise was a load of crap but Burnout 3 was actually quite solid...
I've seen people give mixed reviews towards this game, a gaming TV show here in Australia said it was the most fun they had in a racing game for years... They aren't big racers tho and that could be why...

Still i wanna check this game out because EA have been mutilating the NFS franchise since Carbon... might be fresh to play something not made by Elementary Arts :p

-Jenkins

It is quite a lot like Burnout 3 in some aspects. The handling is similar in that you have to drift all the time and taking other cars out feels like doing takedowns on Burnout 3 crossed with the pursuit mode on Burnout 2. Its nowhere near as good as Burnout 2 or 3 but it is pretty good. Personally I'd wait until its on offer before buying it.

Quite disappointed with this one, no proper wheel support, no proper FFB and NO manual gearbox, FFS Come on.

I loved the original HP, I loved how you had to block in or be blocked in when in pursuit mode not just rammed a few times.

This version was totally unplayable when I first tried it with my G25, only way I could get it playable was to adjust the spring settings in the Logi Profiler to add some weight to the wheel but it still feels like it's on or off, there doesn't appear to be any form of linear control with the wheel, it's actually more playable with a Keyboard than a wheel and that is a disgrace for a driving game 2010.

EA should hang their head in shame.

It is what it is. And what it is is a high speed arcade drive, crash and smash wonderland.

The only Burnout I know is Burnout Paradise and the only NFS I know is Shift. The Criterion lot have made a NFS franchise game for the Burnout Paradise fan. The physics are so arcade that it really doesn't even matter which car you drive or what you do with it you are going to go fast and maintain control. The sound and the feel are nothing to write home about but the game play is high octane and keeps coming in a great looking game.

I played for a few hours and it made me want to get Burnout Paradise out again, I did and now I have to say I prefer that.

Playing with a controller as my G27 STILL hasn't arrived, but sounds like I am better off anyway.

The game gets harder as you go in the career.
Yes it does but there isn't much variation when it comes to the sort of races. Offcourse you'll get new cars and stuff but the race format remains the same. Don't get me wrong, I'm having a lot of fun with the cops but as said before I wouldn't buy it. I shamefully admit that I downloaded it to see how it was (which I always do with EA titles) and i'm glad I didn't buy it as I was planning to. The game sure brings back good feelings about the nfs series but they should come up with something much stronger before I buy an NFS game (even with shift 2 I will test it first and then decide).

Still in doubt to buy this or not. Any of you play the pc version?

I don't mean to make a game look worse than it is but I played it at a friend's house and it really does have NOTHING in common with car driving or even racing. If you want to be fast, you NEVER use the brake and instead tap the handbrake and you will automatically drift tthrough every corner.
The graphics indeed are amazing but the gameplay truly sucks.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back