Natural Mod PP Filter

Misc Natural Mod PP Filter 26.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
Chris Kennedy updated Natural Graphics Mod with a new update entry:

Tweaks to all aspects

Included some custom clouds by @Ben Lee and @WagnumPI (Thanks to them for allowing me to include them)

Filter:
  • Reworked exposure in Natural.ini, much narrower window meaning fewer transitions, and slightly brighter minimum (if you had increased it previously using page up, suggest setting it back to 100 and re-evaluating) This improves brightness in all...

Read the rest of this update entry...

rework glare and sun/horizon for clear/mid clear

Fitler (applies to all inis):
Reworked glare from scratch for the purpose of improving the blinding effect when driving into the sun. The changes might not be drastic but they allow for more flexible control over the godray effect by tweaking the following parameters without affecting anything else:
[GODRAYS]
LENGTH=(increase for longer rays)
GLARE_RATIO=(increase for brighter - use small increments)

This change is worthwhile as godrays effect is linked to FOV, and in...​

rework glare and sun/horizon for clear/mid clear

Fitler (applies to all inis):
Reworked glare from scratch for the purpose of improving the blinding effect when driving into the sun. The changes might not be drastic but they allow for more flexible control over the godray effect by tweaking the following parameters without affecting anything else:
[GODRAYS]
LENGTH=(increase for longer rays)
GLARE_RATIO=(increase for brighter - use small increments)

This change is worthwhile as godrays effect is linked to FOV, and in previous...

dear chris,
thx for your continuos effort
just done a small donation
i'll update to 3.2a tomorrow, always oculus vision
ciao
extremely kind of you :) thanks so much
I look forward to hearing what you think of the sun appearance in the early, late hours, should be pretty cool
you may as well download the newer version from here: http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/i...al-graphics-mod-3-2.18635/page-28#post-641413
got a few more things i want to check out before uploading another update here

Sunlight and glare tweaks

Filters:
  • Small tweak to glare, some brake lights were a bit overdone with old values, godrays remain at same brightness as before
  • Photomode filters now have shorter godrays as they look dumb in external cams. Long rays are only required for cockpit view to get the proper blinded by the sun look
Weather:
Clear/Mid Clear:

• Tweaked sun colour
  • Fog colour reduced (more subtle)
  • Brighter horizon in middle hours
  • Horizon at low sun tweaked (clear...

More realistic sky in clear/mid clear and more

Filters:
Tiny reduction to bloom on brake lights etc
Tiny increase to godray length
Weather:
View attachment 126499
View attachment 126500
View attachment 126501
Clear:
Sky/horizon in middle hours tweaked
Mid Clear:
Sky/horizon in middle hours tweaked
Reduced number of clouds
Light Clouds:
Cloud settings reworked and number reduced
Low Sun colour changed
Mid Clouds:
Clouds visibility reduced to blend more with sky...

• Deleted member 130869

I just recently got this, I am glad to read you've reduced the number of clouds for mid-clear :D.

Just wondering... is there some kind of point in these ...52 updates ?
I really lost the track... which one I got and which one I really need.
Maybe is point to get more downloads by simple formula - if 1.000 people download my mod x 52, that's staggering 52.000. Bravo me. :inlove:
I mean... really... "Tiny" updates of this and that ? What's tiny. Why's tiny. Why not waiting for a while and then make it ....BIG?!? I wonder. :unsure:
Nothing personal but if I'm a mod I would forbid this. We keep geting annoying alerts and we may actually miss some REALLY new mods.
Sorry, but it's like that.

Last edited:
Alerts ....... too much for you? ........ Simples! :coffee:

subscibed.jpg

new test version available here with improved FPS:
http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/i...al-graphics-mod-3-4.18635/page-33#post-651040

@gamer19 thanks for your thoughts, however i care less about number of total downloads than i do about your opinion (and inability to press the unwatch resource button) - which i care approximately F all about.

not that it has anything to do with anything but:
wagnum 23 updates (on a mod that started based on my own) in less than 3 months vs my 52 in over 15 months, which spans several major game updates which required changes from the mod, several failed upload attempts (done within a few minutes of each other), tons of constructive feedback from the members of the community who dont have trouble with moving their eyes across a computer screen to ignore an update they arent interested in/pressing unwatch resource etc.

Have a great weekend, if im feeling good ill try and make a new update with some values changed by 0.0001 and dedicate it to you

Last edited:
if im feeling good ill try and make a new update with some values changed by 0.0001 and dedicate it to you
Chris, please take into account that with each update you are storing a file on our disc's. We are all for staged development but 52 (52x filesize) is a bit too much. I have just removed 51 entries manually by hand :)

Chris, please take into account that with each update you are storing a file on our disc's. We are all for staged development but 52 (52x filesize) is a bit too much. I have just removed 51 entries manually by hand :)
fair enough, certainly dont need the old versions :). maybe worth adding a note to the ToS or on the upload page that this is a concern. maybe add to this text: "If you are updating your resource with a new version, upload the new file here. This is not required to post an update."
something like "please consider removing old versions when uploading updates (particularly for large files e.g. tracks)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.