AI Improvements:
AI Brake Power Usage="1.00"//1.13900
AI Brake Grip Usage="0.97800"
AI Corner Grip Usage="0.94900"
AI Max Load="38875.00000"
AI Min Radius="20.00000"
AI to AI Collision Rate="40"
AI Realism="1.00000"
AI Mistakes="1.00000" // a range of (intentional) AI mistakes from 0.0 (none) to 1.0 (sometimes). Anything above 1.0 multiplies the frequency
+Brake torque equal to Players

As well:
- Engine heat slightly increased
- Tire skid/friction heat slightly increased
- AI talent...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Poopenshnapples updated NASCAR Camping World Trucks with a new update entry:

FINAL VERSION

NEW Install:
- Merge this AUTOMOBILISTA folder with your games AUTOMBOLISTA folder

UPDATE Install:
- It is best, but not mandatory, to delete all previous files and folders before installing.

ADDED customseason ".aos" script!
Can be done with .srs as well

To use:
Create custom season in Automobilista's CustomSeasonTool
Find said script- ***:\Users\***\Documents\Automobilista\CustomSeasons
Copy your selected tracks and paste over "SELECTED...

Read the rest of this update entry...

First thank you for your hard work!

I have a few questions and suggestions:
- Would there by anyway to improve the FFB as it seems rather flat?
Have not driven any of these IRL but I hardly feel any suspension activity in the FFB

- Do you have an recommended setting for the realfeelplugin.ini?

- Could the default rotation be shown in settings screen?

- If you update, consider change veh to something like:
Description="#77 German Quiroga Jr" -> Description="VHRCT: #77 German Quiroga Jr"
This would make it possible to have one FFB setting for all cars instead of driver uniqe

First thank you for your hard work!

I have a few questions and suggestions:
- Would there by anyway to improve the FFB as it seems rather flat?
Have not driven any of these IRL but I hardly feel any suspension activity in the FFB

- Do you have an recommended setting for the realfeelplugin.ini?

- Could the default rotation be shown in settings screen?

- If you update, consider change veh to something like:
Description="#77 German Quiroga Jr" -> Description="VHRCT: #77 German Quiroga Jr"
This would make it possible to have one FFB setting for all cars instead of driver uniqe

I run default FFB settings
I also really like the FFB.. hence running default! :)

And again... for individual profiles vs mod-wide... to me it would make no difference as i run default.

However, mod this mod as much as you like!

I don't want to be a nitpick here..
...but I think the physics still need some work...

Those physics are hard-coded base content and have nothing to do with me.

Any car running at that speed could, in theory, turn into a sail... after that the game engine becomes confused due to one car without tire contact.

The reason you may see this happen more with the NASCAR mod is due to it's extremely poor aerodynamics.

@Dat-Mudkip

You know.. this isn't a Flight-Simulator!
This is... and you might like it....a lot:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/314160/Microsoft_Flight_Simulator_X_Steam_Edition/
I know that was meant to be a joke, but I actually am interested in aviation. Don't plan on becoming a pilot, but I guess it's one of those things. My (younger) brother on the other hand is actually going to be taking classes for aviation...seems he wants to be a pilot. Funny how life works like that.

I do wonder what causes the trucks to go sailing like that. I'm also curious as to why it's become a reoccurring theme for me to either be driving under someone else or vice-versa.

...seems he wants to be a pilot. Funny how life works like that.
I do wonder what causes the trucks to go sailing like that. I'm also curious as to why it's become a reoccurring theme for me to either be driving under someone else or vice-versa.

Very cool!

Partly due to you becoming faster and more experienced which then results in higher-speed crashes.

The trucks are designed to cut through the air only when going in a forward direction.
As soon as the truck turns sideways, or backwards, the body kit becomes a wind catcher which can easily lift the truck off of the ground.

Think of it as an airplane wing operating backwards

Last edited:
Hi @Poopenshnapples !

2 quick questions:

1 - Why I can't change initial fuel before race start? Is this part of NASCAR rule ? (I really don't have any knowlege about the real-life Trucks' rules)

2 - That happen to me! At Interlagos! After 'Curva do Lago' (turn 3, after the big straight), on AI car put 2 wheels on grass and started to go up, up, up, like a ballon! It went up to 30 meters above the ground, then simpley fell down! We weren't in a fast speed (we are barely using 3rd gear).

Cheers, mate!!!! This MOD is really really fun, I'm enjoying it a lot.

1 - Why I can't change initial fuel before race start? Is this part of NASCAR rule ? (I really don't have any knowlege about the real-life Trucks' rules)

2 - That happen to me! At Interlagos! After 'Curva do Lago' (turn 3, after the big straight), on AI car put 2 wheels on grass and started to go up, up, up, like a ballon! It went up to 30 meters above the ground, then simpley fell down! We weren't in a fast speed (we are barely using 3rd gear).

Thank you!
#1 -
FuelRange=(0.946353, 0.946353, 71)
FuelSetting=71
This is fully adjustable, and I just tested it.

You may have : ParcFermeFuel = #
This limits your setting during qualifying..race...etc
The way this rule works, to the best of my understanding, is to keep your setup the same during qualifying as in the beginning of the race. F1 cars may use it.. but I am not sure. My .srs file does not include this setting, however I think it is available when creating a custom season.

#2 -
This has yet to happen to me, unless you count completely reasonable accidents! 230k/h into a wall lol
I have had AI do some incredible flips from hitting their very low front splitters on inside corner speed humps. Rather than the front splitter collapsing the game thinks it is just as strong as the cars frame. This has sent AI flying into the air several times.

Sometimes it is the map/track having an invisible wall, ramp, object or other... other times it can just be a random glitch from a corrupted load/file/texture...etc

Greetings, and good work.
It would be possible to put the steering wheel rotation to the car, so that it appears in the parameters of the setup.
Or which steering wheel rotation is the right one for this vehicle?
Since that value can be added to the HDV file.
Thank you.

Yeah, the racing field is so close during races. Exactly, in some ways its harder than faster high down force cars too, because you really have to carry as much momentum as possible through the corners in order to stay with the guys in front.
Honestly you have done an incredible job with this mod, very much well done! Do you know if you'll ever do any other nascar series mods?

Exactly, in some ways its harder than faster high down force cars too...
Honestly you have done an incredible job with this mod, very much well done! Do you know if you'll ever do any other nascar series mods?

Couldn't agree more!
These cars depend on better drivers rather than more financial investment towards 'upgrades' (not that this doesn't happen in NASCAR as well!)

Likely not.. My main limitation is audio... Sounds files are very, very, very technical to create and make

Couldn't agree more!
These cars depend on better drivers rather than more financial investment towards 'upgrades' (not that this doesn't happen in NASCAR as well!)

Likely not.. My main limitation is audio... Sounds files are very, very, very technical to create and make

Yeah, literally, the racing is so good, I love how the teams are so similar with the cars being pretty much identical so its mainly down to setup of the car and the driver themself. I wish in real life the nascar series had more races on road circuits (I know they have a couple but it would be great if they had more).

Ahh I see, I have no experience in modding, so I'm astonished such excellent mods are so often created like this one!

This may sound incredibly naive, but may I ask where you learnt how to mod? Did you teach yourself from online forums/videos or are there otherways to go about learning?

I wish in real life the nascar series had more races on road circuits
Did you teach yourself from online forums/videos or are there otherways to go about learning?

If ONLY Nascar had more Road racing!!!!
Many people seem to be asking this question.. I find ovals extremely boring to watch...and play.
Sonoma and Watkins are the only courses for Monster Energy cars.. trucks drive at Mosport.. which is why i love them the most.

Modding... Just mess around with general values... Audio, setups...etc.
rFactor 2 has a decent 'mod-tutorial' (***:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\ModDev\Vehicles\SkipBarber) This will help with understanding some of the values, and how they relate.

I got into it because some of the cars/mods seemed way off to me.. or the sound needed some tweaking.

Thank you so much for your work. I would have like cup cars better than trucks, but it is already so much fun to race, this mod is definitely a must have.

I did some little tweaks to change the steeringwheel range and use the realfeelplugin, if some are interested here are my settings (I'm still testing the Smooting level):
MaxForceAtSteeringRack=-7500.000000
SteeringDamper=11500.000000
FFBMixerRealFeelPercent=100.000000
FrontGripEffect=0.250000
SmoothingLevel=2
Kf=6000.000000
Ks=5.000000
A=1.000000
Kr=6.000000

I'm experiencing two issues and maybe someone can help me:
1.Like Lorencini mentioned in a previous post, I can't adjust the fuel level. This has nothing to do with the ParcFerme rules. I looked in srs, hdv, update.ini files and anything I could thing of but I'm stuck. What could block that ?
2.On oval tracks (last version of JNS pack), I'm far off the AI pace even when they are at 70% (they are at 10 to15 kph faster than me in the corners at phoenix for example, on the straight it's more balanced). I haven't set the car for proper oval racing (non symmetrical for a starter) but the AI is at 70 !!! (for road tracks AI at 100% works fine).

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea