NASCAR Camping World Trucks

Cars NASCAR Camping World Trucks 1.94

Login or Register an account to download this content
AIStartThrottle=(0.15,0.25,0.50,0.75)
I'll add this in!
NASCAR never does standing starts... I believe this has a lot to do with terrible tires, extremely high first gears and a massive amount of power...usually within a small amount of RPM's

If you would like me to, i could add in your damage file into my next update!

-Truck physics might need a little more work. When they go upside down, the game seems unsure what to do with them
- While trucks near you sound fine, drivers far away seem to have issues with their sound effects. I don't really know what could cause that, and I'm not even sure if this is limited to the NASCAR mod. I figured I'd point it out, just in case. (See video.)
(Reason for crash: I was caught off guard when the truck in front did a brake check. I probably had the AI difficult set too low, as they normally don't do that!)
Cheers!

- Any car flipping over would have to do with the base coding, not a modder... at least to my absolute best understanding of any game, with any additional coding.

- The external audio is very basic, in terms of each mod/car. There is an audio file and an volume multiplier. The games engine decides what to do with distance/volume/rpm...etc

Nice crash!
Brake checking is very difficult to predict with that many vehicles ahead of you!

As for the audio when skidding on your roof... I cannot find any line that would play that specific type of audio. Example:
VS_OUTSIDE_HIT_WALL_5=
VS_outSIDE_HIT_OTHERCAR_1=
VS_INSIDE_HIT_CONE=
VS_INSIDE_SCRAPING_ROAD=
etc....
Nothing about roofs! lol...

What tracks are you running these temps at?
Those seem a bit high to be generally used.. But I could be wrong

Road courses. I'm just going by what the tire temperatures are telling me and, at default pressures, they are cold in the middle of the tire, indicating low pressures. That increases rolling resistance and decreases grip.

Road courses. I'm just going by what the tire temperatures are telling me and, at default pressures, they are cold in the middle of the tire, indicating low pressures. That increases rolling resistance and decreases grip.

Cold temperatures and pressures are very, very different than heated tires
As you drive hard for a few laps you will see your tires become heated evenly if the pressures have been set properly.

Each track requires you to under-inflate your tires initially.
Some tracks will be more demanding on your tires, and others less.

The AI drive with only 1 setup which is the default.
To try and make them as flexible as possible the setup absolutely must incorperate tight and twisty tracks, like Mosport, as well as the much faster courses such as Silverstone

Cold temperatures and pressures are very, very different than heated tires
As you drive hard for a few laps you will see your tires become heated evenly if the pressures have been set properly.

Each track requires you to under-inflate your tires initially.
Some tracks will be more demanding on your tires, and others less.

The AI drive with only 1 setup which is the default.
To try and make them as flexible as possible the setup absolutely must incorperate tight and twisty tracks, like Mosport, as well as the much faster courses such as Silverstone

Yea... I tested after 20 or so laps at watkins and lime rock park. The outside and inside of the tire were 110 degrees C and the inside was 80ish.

I had to go up like 100kpa.

And I know the AI race with the default setup because they are slow, even on 110%.

I'm posting screenshots hang on.

Yea... I tested after 20 or so laps at watkins and lime rock park. The outside and inside of the tire were 110 degrees C and the inside was 80ish.
I had to go up like 100kpa.

I will possibly modify the default tire PSI.. Was not sure if you were familiar with it.
The racing and tracks I have done showed a reasonably consistent tire/temperature pressure.

I know it also has a lot to do with how you drive.. but I will look at it more in depth

Default tires pressures after a 5 lap run. Notice the middle of the tire is colder on all 4 tires.
BA69CA89718A9C098FFF30707F1844F3889B447B

AI on 110% (i'm running default setup)
BF3FF11374A8DBEDFA1D0BEB6C3ED034F1DAC924

Now with proper tire pressures.
4BFA0BF954962F520991E95AF6E2BF16594A1212

Same field, 5 laps. .5 second ahead. AI 110%
0B01059908CB1ADEDDDFEA9A9A815DC34054A23B

@Synystr7
I made the Talent/Driver profile files as varied as I possibly could have to try and get the most variation out of these cars/drivers.
Because of these values you should see a lot of randomization with skill, speed, min speed, crash probability...etc

However, thank you for showing me.. I will look into it tonight.. and if it makes a large difference I will have it in the next update

A good default KPA for the tires is 286 in the front and 278 in the rear.

That should speed up the AI without having to boost them artificially. Other than that this is great.

Your tire pressure was perfect.
I always loved the poor handling of severely underinflated tires and never bothered to add more PSI to them.

It will be in the update coming very soon.
I did, however, have to modify the tire values since at 40PSI the car handled like a GT3 car!

Your tire pressure was perfect.
I always loved the poor handling of severely underinflated tires and never bothered to add more PSI to them.

It will be in the update coming very soon.
I did, however, have to modify the tire values since at 40PSI the car handled like a GT3 car!

Just as long as the AI are able to keep up with the default setup. I'm gonna run a season with these and the AI performance is obviously crucial to the enjoyment of the season haha

Poopenshnapples updated NASCAR Camping World Trucks with a new update entry:

FInal Update! Many improvements!

V1.8 Update:
- Engine heat reduced
- Toyota reflection removed
- Tires for AI at optimal +-40psi
- Tire grip values lowered slightly
- Primer + Starter sound
- Transmission sound
- And more

NEW Install:
- Merge this AUTOMOBILISTA folder with your games AUTOMBOLISTA folder (Overwrite everything existing in Any folders.. if you don't want to overwrite files in Sounds/secondary or Sounds/TMTires, it is not mandatory)

UPDATE Install:
- It is best, but not mandatory, to delete all previous...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Here's something you can add:
I modified the basic .srs file and made adjustments so that the actual racing rules are more accurate.

Here's the link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1v99lpVY9DC2aYtmavNsfvXuQYqU80rU4/view?usp=sharing

Notable Adjustments/Changes:

-Increased Safety Car Sensitivity
I made adjustments so that, by default, the pace car is more likely to make an apperance for simple accidents on oval. (I.E., someone spins out.) While I also adjusted the value for road courses, the adjustment was not as drastic, and thus is not very likely to be triggered over a simple spin out.

-Removed Local Yellows on Ovals
While they are still enabled in certain cases (i.e., testing), most race tracks no longer have local yellows. Rather, if a yellow comes out, then a full course caution is triggered. Again, this does not exactly apply to road courses.

-Enabled "Lucky Dog"
I found that in the coding there was an option to add a lucky dog. As it turns out, it does work fairly well. I enabled it for both ovals and road courses.

-Enabled Double-File Restarts
This title is slightly misleading if you do not remember NASCAR's older rules. When the "green flag next time around" is triggered, all cars one or more laps down will form a second line that runs alongside the leader. This is basically how NASCAR's restarts worked before 2009, so it shouldn't be too out-of-place. Bear in mind that you will be penalized if you get to the start finish line before the leader.

-Adjusted Passing Rules before Start-Finish Line.
During a start or restart on ovals, you are allowed to pass on the right side before the start/finish line, but passing on the left before the start/finish line will result in a penalty. Road courses allow you to pass on either side, as I realized there would be issues if the first corner at a road-course was a right-hander.

-Adjusted Pit Road Rules
Upon a full-course yellow being displayed, the pits will be closed. Once the Safety Car is deployed, the next time the field passes pit road the pits will be opened.

-Adjusted Pit Road Penalty System
To compensate for a "pit road closure", cars that enter the pits while they are closed will be penalized. Of the options provided, I went with "tail end of the longest line".

Increased Default Minimal Caution Laps
The default was 2, and I found that pit stops often meant you were well behind the back when the field went green. Having pit road closed for a lap would amplify this issue. As such, the minimal amount of caution laps is now set to 3. I also found a setting that can add a random number of caution laps. As such, cautions by default will now range from 3-5 laps in length.

Added Green-White-Checkered Rules:
Instead of a race finishing under caution, I made adjustments to teh rules so that, if a full-course yellow is active on the final lap, the race will be extended. After the full course yellow, the green flag is dropped, followed by the white flag, and finally the checkered flag. If a full course yellows is triggered after the green flag is flown but BEFORE the white flag is flown, then the race will be extended again. This can occur multiple times. It must be noted that if a full course yellow is triggered on THE last lap, then the race will NOT be extended.

Full Course Yellows Now Freeze the Field
Upon a caution coming out, the field is frozen, and everyone's position will be the same as they had at the moment of caution.

Known Issues:

- Full Course Yellows do not trigger properly on Jacarepagua (Oval). The game treats the track as a road course for some reason.

- Jacarpagua Oval actually causes a lot of problems. This includes issues with the not just the Lucky Dog (see next note), but with drivers figuring out how to order themselves. Considering the AI struggle just to get around the track under yellow, I have doubts that the VHRCTS is causing the issues.

- When AI Drivers get the Lucky Dog, they sometimes have problems with passing the Safety Car, and end up ramming it. I have no idea how to fix this, and I do not know what is causing such an issue. I assume it has something to do with AI focusing on the line they should be taking, and they ignore the indestructible pace car.

- AI do not "move over" for Lucky Dogs.

I wish I had uploaded this sooner had I know you were going to release version 1.8 today. I was still testing it just this morning, so sorry about that!

lol... Usually how it happens!

A lot of these rules I played with extensively in RF2 and don't work or cause many issues..
Double file restart - never worked

Freeze order - Caused the most amount of issues I have ever seen! Putting me at the back of the entire field from first place constantly. AI would fight over a single position (timing lines). Or just not work at all and be stuck in caution limbo!

Lucky Dog - Turns into an car-plow!

But I do really like green/white checkered rules!

Some of these rules are actually in the Season Tool creator already.. but they definitely do not have the green/white flag rules in there.

I definitely do thank you for supplying me this.
If some of the rules actually work, unlike the RF2 version's rules, i may do an update or optional update with a new srs file

PassingBeforeLineRoad = 3 //Ditto. Set to "3" to prevent issues with road courses that have the first-corner
FinishUnderCaution = 4 //This determines how a race is handled if a FCY is active at the end of a race.
//0 = Race finishes normally, under yellow
//1 = Finish is delayed once, and one lap is allowed after the green flag.
//2 = Fiinsh is delayed once, and two laps are allowed after the green flag
//3 = Finish can be delayed multiple times, with one lap after the green flag.
//NOTE: "3" might not work as intended
//4 = Finish can be delayed multiple times, with two laps after the green flag.
//If a yellow comes out on the final lap, the race will NOT be delayed
//This also does not work for timed races.
CountCautionLaps = 1
DoubleFileRestarts = 1
BlueFlags = 1
AIBlueFlagCurveRadius = 500
AIBlueFlagCourtesyThreshold = 0.5
AIBlueFlagReactionTime = 40
AILiftUnderBlue = 0.5

I really like these!!!
IF these actually work.. I will definitely be doing an update... not sure if it will be an addon or full file update

Latest News

What does easier access mean to you?

• Free access

Votes: 109 69.4%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 41 26.1%
  • Better structured forum

Votes: 31 19.7%
  • Standard game content

Votes: 33 21.0%
  • No 3pa registration pages

Votes: 33 21.0%