Nürburgring Nordschleife announced for Assetto Corsa

1534803_10151832730261659_277819873_o.jpg

Nürburgring Nordschleife announced: http://www.racedepartment.com/forum...cement-on-24th-dec.79549/page-11#post-1603263

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm about 4 hours drive from Road America and being this far north and east means having a compressed racing season with limited schedules. None the less, road racing is my passion where motorsports are concerned but, I also like Rally and Off-Road racing. Most people I know are all about NASCAR and a few love drag racing only. My 23 year old son is one of the only people I know that loves F1 and GT racing. My father-in-law occasionally watches Rally coverage but, mostly NASCAR. It's kind of sad that the only place to talk road racing, GT or Rally for people like me is online.

Road America is a great track as well and I hope to attend a track-day event there in the future - maybe even take a training course there.

The Nords is certainly an epic track and I have to admit that the first few times I tried driving it in a game - it was daunting. Even though I have run the course occasionally, I still don't have all the turns memorized. Having an accurate version in AC will provide the extra incentive for me to really spend time learning every turn by heart and I can't wait.

How about you actually follow the forums and what the devs say ?

Game is to be relesead in March/April 2014. The work on the DLC will start after that. There will be a pre-order stage 1 month after release of v1.0, and in September the DLC will be ready.

Next time inform yourself.

I'm genuinely trying to keep myself informed. Is that info in the dev blog, or on Steam, or the AC forums? I genuinely had a good look around. I'd have expected it in one of those places.

Well lets hope that they can get everything ready for May 2014 then!

I wonder if we'll get to sample the multi-player and AI elements between now and that point. Or if they will be bug-fixing these parts after v1.0. Hmmm

Cheers

Dave

So you play forza 5 ?? Do you do video for this game ?? There are many channel doing this game so call "walkthrough" but none of them really decent in driving, or drive not bad but talk none stop :whistling:

Hehe, nope. But it's a great example of a game designed to make money from DLC because the basic content is quite limited. It'll be interesting to see how successful this approach is for MS/Turn10.

Mr. Whippy has had buyers remorse since months before the game came out....best just to read his posts and take them with a grain of salt and move on...He plans on "fixing" all the cars as soon as dev tools are released even though he has not one shred of documentation on any of them.

That being said I think he means well, but I remember him saying he wasn't happy he had to use Steam to buy AC and from the tone of his posts here and at the official forums he hasn't been happy with his purchase since day 1. He probably should have waited for actual V1.0 release.

He's not a troll or anything, but most of his posts have a pretty snarky tone and feel to them.

I'll be honest, it was the hype on these forums that drove me to think AC must be good, but I've been less than impressed by what KS have actually offered so far.

I threw my money in to support these guys but the more time has passed the more it seems even they don't know what they are actually making here, nor has any progress apparently been made to decide what that is.

Cars. Check. Good fundamental tyres and physics, check. Tracks, check.

Everything else right now, the glue that brings these things together into an actual game, is somewhat missing to me.

Unless someone else has this vision on what KS are offering with AC, but so far I've missed it :D

Dave

(a lot of stuff)
Maybe I'm being a little self-centered, but I feel like the Nurburgring comments you're replying to are very similar, maybe the same as, ones I posted on VirtualR. I understand that a lot of people want the Nurburgring, and of course you have a responsibility to your company, your customers, and yourself to make a game that people want. I also understand that a lot of companies have ridiculous licensing terms (for many years Daytona was in no NASCAR games!), and actually that's part of the reason why I like fantasy cars and tracks, but of course that's not the kind of game you're making so that's besides the point. I was just saying my personal opinion, that I would like to drive something new - I understand that, as much as I would want them to be, most games aren't made for my personal tastes.

I'll be honest, it was the hype on these forums that drove me to think AC must be good, but I've been less than impressed by what KS have actually offered so far.

I threw my money in to support these guys but the more time has passed the more it seems even they don't know what they are actually making here, nor has any progress apparently been made to decide what that is.

Everything else right now, the glue that brings these things together into an actual game, is somewhat missing to me.

Unless someone else has this vision on what KS are offering with AC, but so far I've missed it :D

Dave
That's just you sorry. AC is great. You're being the usual guy who complains everywhere, every game has a few of those, always complaining on the forums about something.

Can I just do a suggestion? I've been following all that's been going on with AC, the devs announcements and all the negativity that followed. Can we (people that DO like AC) just try to ignore those that don't and focus on the good stuff. It seems to me that most people feel the need to respond to negative comments and I applaud you for that. I'm not saying that people can't be negative at all, everyone's entitled to their opinion. However it seems that most people on both sides have made up their mind and in my experience trying to persuade people otherwise leads to more negativity. So if you do like what you see in AC please keep saying so and support the devs where ever you can. If you don't like it please be constructive in your criticism so that things can be addressed by the devs maybe and make the game even better. This is still a community and we should feel blessed with the amount of feedback we get from Kunos. Just my 2 cents; do with it what you want. I'm just hoping for more constructive feedback on the game without all the name calling and putting people down...

I wonder if we'll get to sample the multi-player and AI elements between now and that point. Or if they will be bug-fixing these parts after v1.0. Hmmm
Cheers
Dave

Marco MassaruttoOnly the career mode and few exclusive cars and tracks will be reserved for v.1.0. All other features will be released before the 1.0, also to allow the devteam to improve structure and features, multiplayer included. Rest is just speculation.

Dave

Barely a month into the early access and you're upset the game isn't complete?

And don't worry, this isn't NASCAR 2013 or R3E. The devs aren't going to just up and leave. Kunos is basically the valve of the racing vidya world.

Everybody is entitled to their own opinion, but some opinions are more relevant than others.

For example, if someone says they think Ke$ha is better than The Beatles, that's their opinion and they're entitled to it, but it definitely shows their intelligence level.

Don't agree with that at all. How can liking one band over another even if it's the Beatles show intelligence? It's a matter of opinion like you said but it's relevant to each and every one of us not for us to say somebody is wrong. I don't like the Beatles - doesn't make me less intelligent does it? I don't like Ke$ha either btw :)

Don't agree with that at all. How can liking one band over another even if it's the Beatles show intelligence? It's a matter of opinion like you said but it's relevant to each and every one of us not for us to say somebody is wrong. I don't like the Beatles - doesn't make me less intelligent does it? I don't like Ke$ha either btw :)

Haha so now we have opinions about peoples analogies of what makes a relevant opinion?

Whatever next?! An announcement about an announcement?!?!?! :roflmao:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea