Nürburgring Nordschleife announced for Assetto Corsa

1534803_10151832730261659_277819873_o.jpg

Nürburgring Nordschleife announced: http://www.racedepartment.com/forum...cement-on-24th-dec.79549/page-11#post-1603263

Last edited by a moderator:
Michael - I know, I know. Everyone's been doing that - ISI with their sluggish development of rF2, iRacing selling cars with unfinished, wierd physics changed every now and then, so it's no surprise Kunos jumped on the wagon selling a sim in bi-weekly installments :).

Perhaps I'm just old and grumpy and need to shut up & die :).

LOL, Kris, don't shut up, you've been very helpful in technical areas, and I've used your advise several times to fix issues I've been having with AC.

I'm sorry you are disappointed in the announcement and the delays, but are you surprised that for others, the announcement of the 'Ring is good news? I hope to see you on track when we get Multiplayer.

Thank you guys, your support is very, very appreciated: we would like to organize a party when we'll go to Nordschleife next Spring and we would love to meet you there, having fun, some laps and then (but only then :D) lot of beer together.

HAVE FUN!
Hi Marco,
Would be great if we can meet at the Ring and have a good time together. Please just stop by and announce a date when you have it. :)
Thanks for the licensing insides and a merry new year to you.

What about a promise to deliver a final version before 2015?

That would be much more exciting than DLC for a game which isn't even finished yet.

Forza 5 anyone hehe :D
How about you actually follow the forums and what the devs say ?

Game is to be relesead in March/April 2014. The work on the DLC will start after that. There will be a pre-order stage 1 month after release of v1.0, and in September the DLC will be ready.

Next time inform yourself.

Last edited:
Mr. Whippy has had buyers remorse since months before the game came out....best just to read his posts and take them with a grain of salt and move on...He plans on "fixing" all the cars as soon as dev tools are released even though he has not one shred of documentation on any of them.

That being said I think he means well, but I remember him saying he wasn't happy he had to use Steam to buy AC and from the tone of his posts here and at the official forums he hasn't been happy with his purchase since day 1. He probably should have waited for actual V1.0 release.

He's not a troll or anything, but most of his posts have a pretty snarky tone and feel to them.

@Marco Massarutto big thanks to you and the rest of the team @kunos! What you have accomplished is turning into a thing of legend! I have never so truly enjoyed a sim ever. The driving model has so much depth to it, I find it difficult to get adequate time to take it all in. To have 35 (36 as hinted) cars to play with seems like almost to much. Not saying it is but each car has so much depth, that it takes a lot of time to come to grips with them. Enjoy the holidays and have a great 2014! Thanks again.

Hohum, maybe it is a European thing, but show me a racing track that compares? The Nordschleife is a monster, this track is several tracks put into one, there is possibly every curve you will ever meet on other tracks in this, it is that various and on top of that you have special curves, like curves where you don't see the apex or a steep turn, plus elevation...I mean watch this:
And then think about a most accurate recreation of this track. This will be different and this will grip you, too.

"but will talk for hours about the Salt Lake salt flats"

Probably, but it is hard to believe.

I am from NW continental Europe and grew up with road races and F1. You don't have to convince me about the Nordschleife. ;) In Europe, we kind-a share a particular car culture, and even though there are differences (GP, road races, rally, F1) we all do plenty of corners.

Put a German, Italian and British gearhead together and they can talk forever.

In the US, this is really different. It's more about drag racing, NASCAR ovals, dirt tracks (not rally, more like motocross in a stadium with cars), hotrodding and lowriding - with a subculture of road racing. Fixed rear axle cars put some limits on what kind of races you tend to get. F1 only recently started to make an impact on TV, for instance, seemingly after Indycar got popular. With much of worldwide racing only come to US TV the last 5 years or so in any easily accessible format, it takes time.

There are always exceptions, the US is a massive country, of course, and parts of it do have great road racing. Just around here we have Laguna Seca and (Infineon) Sonoma Raceway, and both are great tracks.But even then, so much racing here is domestic, that many motorsport fans just don't know what happens abroad.

Here in America the average American doesn't know **** about racing. The vast majority of the few that do only know Nascar. (I love Nascar and don't care what you think of me when I tell you that) In parts of the country dirt oval racing is very popular but this is very much regional. A far smaller part of the population follows IndyCar and American Grand Am (now Tudor) and then there are about 137 people that follow F1.

Me and a couple friends of mine are among the 30 or 40 Americans that love Everything from Nascar to V8 Supercars to MotoGP and pretty much everything in between. I have pretty much been a gearhead and a car guy from the time I got my license and my love for racing games opened my eyes to all kinds of racing across the globe. And 15 or so years ago we had the greatest tv channel to ever grace the endless sea of brain dead tv; we had Speedvision....I have adopted their motto as my own and it was this: If it has a motor, goes fast and looks cool doing it, we're there. That sums up my love for motorsport.

I live right outside Dallas and I so hope to make it to COTA one day....not going to lie, it hurt that it wasn't listed in the track poll.

Dallas is cool. I got colleagues and (shooting) friends there, so visit a couple of times a year.

COTA is a really nice circuit, and was one of my favorites in F1 2012/13, and it would be cool to see it in AC. In the poll, after Nords and Suzuka I voted Laguna Seca for my own local reasons, but otherwise I might have written in COTA myself.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.