Nürburgring Nordschleife announced for Assetto Corsa

1534803_10151832730261659_277819873_o.jpg

Nürburgring Nordschleife announced: http://www.racedepartment.com/forum...cement-on-24th-dec.79549/page-11#post-1603263

Last edited by a moderator:
Everybody is entitled to their own opinion, but some opinions are more relevant than others.

For example, if someone says they think Ke$ha is better than The Beatles, that's their opinion and they're entitled to it, but it definitely shows their intelligence level.

The Nurburgring announcement is revolutionary because it shows 10 Italian dudes working for "the love of the game" in a tiny ass office can blow away the work done by a much older, much more skilled dev team with an unlimited budget. This announcement comes ON TOP of a game that in beta form already plays leaps and bounds ahead of ANY OTHER GAME in the genre.

How many excuses did iRacing make about why they couldn't get the license to the Ring? Billions. And eventually the community dumbed themselves down and allowed themselves to be brainwashed into thinking they don't need the Ring. Others followed suit by claiming it's a "hotlapping-only" track because they just aren't very good drivers. Hilarious. As apexisfree would say over on Operation Sports, "Get yo stick skillz up."

There have been so many responses I've just shook my head at today, I honestly feel so bad for the devs. AC is pretty much guaranteed to be the biggest revolution in Sim Racing, well, ever, and the elitism is instead creating one of the most bizarre stockholm syndrome cases ever seen.

The reason this announcement is important is because nobody actually owns the Nurburgring, meaning there's nobody a dev team can go to in order to get the official license for it. And yet, they pulled it off.

Last edited:
Ah. A laser scanned nords they say. Now that is actually a massive addition to sim racing. A fantastic achievement.

Something that would be even more fantastic, and make me a bit misty eyed is if Kunos decided that some of the proceeds from this proposed DLC should go to the "Save the ring" foundation. I would love that move and the publicity should really help the people trying to keep the turistenfahrten open still...

Best post, i had to copy it!

Everybody is entitled to their own opinion, but some opinions are more relevant than others.

For example, if someone says they think Ke$ha is better than The Beatles, that's their opinion and they're entitled to it, but it definitely shows their intelligence level.

The Nurburgring announcement is revolutionary because it shows 10 Italian dudes working for "the love of the game" in a tiny ass office can blow away the work done by a much older, much more skilled dev team with an unlimited budget. This announcement comes ON TOP of a game that in beta form already plays leaps and bounds ahead of ANY OTHER GAME in the genre.

How many excuses did iRacing make about why they couldn't get the license to the Ring? Billions. And eventually the community dumbed themselves down and allowed themselves to be brainwashed into thinking they don't need the Ring. Others followed suit by claiming it's a "hotlapping-only" track because they just aren't very good drivers. Hilarious. As apexisfree would say over on Operation Sports, "Get yo stick skillz up."

There have been so many responses I've just shook my head at today, I honestly feel so bad for the devs. AC is pretty much guaranteed to be the biggest revolution in Sim Racing, well, ever, and the elitism is instead creating one of the most bizarre stockholm syndrome cases ever seen.
The reason this announcement is important is because nobody actually owns the Nurburgring, meaning there's nobody a dev team can go to in order to get the official license for it. And yet, they pulled it off.

Honestly I would preferr they market things the old day. Get on the big drum some weeks before release not three quarters of a year. What is the point announcing Nordschleife now I would rather not know :)

Also did I understood it correctly that the track itself will be part of the game and it´s only the car pack that is DLC? If not then it wouldn´t be all that much of a christmas gift even though I may end up buying it anyway and is very happy to hear this news.

Anyway since we now know it´s half a century until AC will be released I am happy it wasn´t the multiplayer announcement. That would be quite a dilemma. Jump on the train with multiplayer in alpha stage or wait and then realize I was the only one waiting for the official release and the best possible version of AC and there is nobody left to race because everyone jumped to the next big thing or perhaps gotten alien on the AC physics by the 9 month head start ;)

I don´t know what I hope for more with this. Multiplayer surely but it would be nice with a GT or Forza for PC. With a more quality over quantity approach. I have superb fun with GT6 anyway I have to say some due to the quantity bit. You don´t get stuck in a vehicle long enough to get boored :)

Man, when i bought Assetto Corsa on steam EARLY ACCESS ... let me write it for you again ! EAAAAAAAAAAAAARLY AAAAAAAACCEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS ! with (-27% off the price !! come on, admit that there is a reason for that) ok !

(if you have read this until this point and still don't get it,then your case is hopeless)

When i bought the early access version ! i was aware of the fact the game was not finished and that devs needed our help finding bugs and giving them our feedback ,so that the final release meets the community expectations ! i will not spam the devs to make the rest as soon as possible ! and expressing them my boredom and frustration feelings ... i really don't know how to explain this,it's too obvious ! Unless you think that Assetto Corsa : Early Access is the full title of the simulation ... then that's another story !

This said,happy end of the year people :D

When i bought the early access version ! i was aware of the fact the game was not finished and that devs needed our help finding bugs and giving them our feedback ,so that the final release meets the community expectations ! i will not spam the devs to make the rest as soon as possible ! and expressing them my boredom and frustration feelings ... i really don't know how to explain this,it's too obvious ! Unless you think that Assetto Corsa : Early Access is the full title of the simulation ... then that's another story !

I think people are scared of the game turning into R3E, Grid 2, or NASCAR 2013. As there aren't many racing games on steam to begin with, any racing release catches the eye of EVERY car guy on steam, and to get burned by those awful games three times in four months really sucks.

Grid 2 announced a monthly DLC plan two months before the game was even on store shelves. R3E is literally pay-per-livery, let alone new tracks and cars which get converted to a bizarre RP currency. NASCAR 2013 was literally broken and DLC was actually cancelled after devs couldn't get it working in-game.

I know what your saying lazybug but if you like the track you will learn it and it wont take 100 laps. If you don't like it then just take the 10 cars and never use the track - it's your decision at the end of the day. Basically all they are saying is they are adding another track. To some, like me it is the best track in the world, to you it may mean nothing - i think that is the problem when i said you can't please everybody - it's marmite if you know what i mean :)
Oh i dont know if my previous post sound like complaining but i am not. i do welcome this announcement but just not excited.
For a newbies who usually play arcade the v1.0 will sure took me alot of time to master those cars & tracks to be at least good & competitive against average racer, so i happy enough for what i have in v1.0 & anything extra is a bonus to me. Yeah 11 tracks & 35 cars sound very few for many but its alot to me, i dont know all those cars & never play all those track too except Monza.
So in fact Kunos already please me with their v1.0 but of course i bet at least 50% of players still far from happy so this & any other future new content announcement actually are specially for them, not me :thumbsup:
By the way I guess the reason why i dont feel excited is that this Nordschleife will be just too difficult for my standard, i know i will still get it someday once i feel confident but just dont know when.

Last edited:
Also to all of the guys saying that there will be 35 cars (including me), don't forget that the amount of community created cars will eventually grow to be as large as GTR2 and rFactor's. And they have THOUSANDS
Hehe thats exactly the reason why i ok with what Kunos is offering now because even Kunos cant do modder will make it happen even for a track like Nordschleife, yeah of course no laser scan but i dont really mind about that :rolleyes:

One really good thing nowadays for track modders it they can use iracings laser scanned tracks as a tool to judge theirs against....I'm not saying to rip the tracks (even though that has already been done for Netkar Pro) but to use them as a measuring stick for your own scratch made version. Some of the ovals that have been released in the last couple years have to be doing this because some of them are very, very close to their laser scanned counterpart.

Also to all of the guys saying that there will be 35 cars (including me), don't forget that the amount of community created cars will eventually grow to be as large as GTR2 and rFactor's. And they have THOUSANDS

Hopefully yes. But personally i think, as a simracer, that the focus on road cars should be switched, come multiplayer. Otherwise we would have Gran Turismo on the servers. We need more proper race cars, in some clear spec series, with enough liveries to run leagues. From Kunos that is, so that we can help them test multiplayer on the grander scale.

But also, i see the road cars being popular so i guess it works to keep releasing them (and by all means, i adore the F40 myself). But for multiplayer i would love me some league friendly stuff, like a new GT series model and race liveries for the 500.

Hehe I think I may have figured this out, and yeah I think we may have jumped the gun.

Did everybody who has online available mod their early access js file to unlock AI? I did and it didn't even click that this would make it possible to select online, but of course no servers.

So yeah if this is the case apologises for previously stating false info...
lol yes i did i just changed it back before and online is gone , sorry about starting all that , i thought it was on:redface:

I think that there are many who are just still unhappy with recent sales of AC (firstly -25% of EA price, now -10% of EA price), and an announcement of paid DLC made them angrier.

I'm also a little bit disappointed with them, as -22% off price was the only additional 'feature' of buying EA, but on the other hand I hope boys from KS got additional cash thanks to them (especially that I think there were few people who wouldn't bought the game without cut off price) because they are putting a lot of effort and passion into their business and I hope they'll continue to deliver such a great quality product to us.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.