PC1 Multiplayer Bug: Unhandled Exception Trapped

Well I started with Project Cars and thought the graphics weren't looking too great, lots of jaggy bits, so tried to change some settings from MSAA, anti-aliasing bits and now all I get is a black screen and an "Unhandled exception trapped" dialogue box popping up. EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION at 0x40e32d36. Reading from address 0x00000000. Thread 0x00001bc0 Build SMSARI.20150503.0999.BLDA000.
I deleted the local file reinstalled and restarted PC but still the same.

Running an Intel i5-4690k @3.5, 8 GB Ram, GTX 970 on triple screens @5760 x 1080.

Any ideas how to get this back running? I'm not great with PC's so nice and simple would be appreciated

Attachments

• upload_2015-5-7_12-15-32.png
    upload_2015-5-7_12-15-32.png
    106.3 KB · Views: 1,202
It is fact, not opinion. I don't understand why you say that?

It's opinion that it's not fun. Either you don't understand the difference of opinion and facts, or you aren't a native English speaker so there is a lost of translation. Some people think it's fun. There is no right or wrong with anyone's opinion in this space.

It is fact that the Mercedes DTM car in pCARS is not limited to using DRS within specify zones. However, that is not what the comment was directed at which you already know....

It is fact, not opinion. I don't understand why you say that? Surely your many Alpha testers (actually paying beta testers) would not have voted to have it like this?

I wouldn't be suprised that WMD members that did speak up about it were silenced with the usual wave of the "refund" hammer.

Hopefully SMS will patch it for us PC racers at some point but somehow I don't see this game getting much more attention except for some pay DLC. But time will tell I suppose.
I think they'll continue to improve it. But I totally hear what you're saying. The "Bully Pulpit" thingy going on there. Full time DRS is extremely Stoopid...yes with two o's. I just can't get past that. A group of people got together and all agreed this was the best decision? Was there no one brave enough to raise the dumb idea flag in protest?
Sorry. Back on track now.

Either you don't understand the difference of opinion and facts, or you aren't a native English speaker so there is a lost of translation.
I'm native all right Kyle. British through and through. We even let you colonists use our language.

ps, you mean "loss" I think.;)
ps, ps no one thinks it's fun except for some console racers that use out of car views and crash of barriers all the time for fun.

ps, ps no one thinks it's fun except for some console racers that use out of car views and crash of barriers all the time for fun.

There are a lot more people across the world using pCARS than just the ones on Race Department. I understand that it's an important feature to you and several others here on Race Department to be able to restrict DRS usage. I never trivialized that. I don't have an opinion on it as I don't care either way. I'm simply stating it's not a "bug"; however that doesn't mean it's not undesirable for someone like yourself.

There are a lot more people across the world using pCARS than just the ones on Race Department. I understand that it's an important feature to you and several others here on Race Department to be able to restrict DRS usage. I never trivialized that. I don't have an opinion on it as I don't care either way. I'm simply stating it's not a "bug"; however that doesn't mean it's not undesirable for someone like yourself.
Well anyway, the main question is can the developers do something about it?

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.