1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

PC Multiplayer Bug: Unhandled Exception Trapped

Discussion in 'Project CARS' started by Coco B, May 7, 2015.

1. Coco B

Coco B
    Premium Member

Well I started with Project Cars and thought the graphics weren't looking too great, lots of jaggy bits, so tried to change some settings from MSAA, anti-aliasing bits and now all I get is a black screen and an "Unhandled exception trapped" dialogue box popping up. EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION at 0x40e32d36. Reading from address 0x00000000. Thread 0x00001bc0 Build SMSARI.20150503.0999.BLDA000.
    I deleted the local file reinstalled and restarted PC but still the same.

Running an Intel i5-4690k @3.5, 8 GB Ram, GTX 970 on triple screens @5760 x 1080.

Any ideas how to get this back running? I'm not great with PC's so nice and simple would be appreciated

Attached Files:

2. Akis

Akis
    Over 9000 Premium Member

I'm getting this too on the launcher, I can barely get on the track with this game..
    [​IMG]

3. I don't have the game yet, but have you tried it on a single screen yet? This is the first thing I'd try in the process of elimination.

4. Akis

Akis
    Over 9000 Premium Member

I only have a single screen, the op has triples though. For me the game is almost unplayable now. Launcher crashing to desktop every minute. If I get on track everything's fine. Win 8.1 64bit, latest drivers, updates etc installed.

@Coco B does this happen when you are driving too? Or just on the launcher?

5. i have the same problem too overhere. first single screen, it works fine, then triple screen on 6000x1080. and then i got that error too :(? someone a fixx ?

6. Coennos

Coennos
    Green green green

Wat me help and a lot of different players on pc,is remove Logitech profiler and it works!
    Hope it does for you to @Akis

• Beer Beer x 1
  7. Coco B

Coco B
    Premium Member

I managed to update the nvidia driver then lowered resolution down in the nvidia control panel. Managed to get it to run then used the recommended settings in nvidia experience, upped them again one step at a time until it looked acceptable, seems stable for now, after an hour or so.

8. Akis

Akis
    Over 9000 Premium Member

I closed my MMOS profiler (I dont have a logitech anymore) and everything's fine now. Phew!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Coennos

Coennos
    Green green green

Last night we all have that problem:confused:

10. I tried uninstalling logitech profiler but it didn't change anything. the game crashes on the menu or in game after a random amount of time (usually between 10 seconds and 3 minutes after the game launched) even if I leave the steering wheel not plugged in. I verified the game cache through steam, I have the latest drivers etc.

i5-3570k
    8gb corsair ddr3 1866mhz
    gtx 660 oc
    logitech g27

11. Coennos

Coennos
    Green green green

Try, to go to folder steamapps,common Project cars pcars launcher,then administrator priority.
    Maybe that works.

12. ***HERE'S THE FIX***

Go to Documents > Project Cars > graphicsconfigdx11.xml

open the graphicsconfigdx11.xml file and scroll down to <prop name="AntiAlias" antialias="?" />

The "?" will have a number coinciding with your latest selection that most likely made the sim crash.

Change this character to a "1". This will reset the selection back to a lower AA and should allow you to start the sim.

13. i have the same problem. it crashes on the menu after some time.

14. pCARS is very sensitive to overclocks. If you have an overclocked GPU, try removing your overclock. If you have an overclocked CPU, try lowering the overclock a little.

15. How did you close MMOS profiler ?

16. I solved it by deleting the .ini file (settings or something like that) in documents>project cars and by removing memory overclock (seems like it's pretty sensible to that).

17. Sbeeer, do you ( did you ) use SweetFX, too ?

18. No.

19. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

That didn't went well tonight. We were racing in the club with 30 DTM cars with various issues that we haven't seen during previous days/events
    • Some drivers were 100% invisible during the practice and qualification but showed up for other drivers
    • Overall difficulties in joining the multiplayer session
    • Rooms not showing up in the lobby at all (Restart of Steam required)
    • When moving from Qualification to Race a handful of drivers including myself weren't syncing at all and were left with a black screen. Meanwhile hearing the drivers on teamspeak the session started with several cars parked on the starting grid (that must be us :D) causing a big pile up.
    • My black screen eventually resulted in a dump to desktop with the follow error message.
    Buggy.jpg

• Beer Beer x 3
  20. Was this using Steam Lobbies or Dedicated Server? Also, check your Documents/Project CARS folder and see if you ave a dmp file from the crash.