More rF2 Formula E Previews Revealed

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
rF2 Formula E Preview 3.jpg

Check out the latest batch of preview images for the upcoming Formula E rFactor 2 DLC...

News that Studio 397 intend to release an officially licenced Formula E DLC for rFactor 2 next week was met with plenty of fiery comments from the sim racing community recently, with many a mixed opinion of the series venturing its way though the forum here at RaceDepartment in the last few hours.

Regardless of your opinion of the controversial electric FIA series it has been widely accepted as positive new of S397's acquisition of such a sort after official licence, and following our brief interview and reveal article released Wednesday night the developers have tricked out a few more images from the new car pack and Hong Kong street circuit, showing a very impressive attention to detail and really giving a great example as to how far the rFactor 2 racing simulation has grown graphically in the past few months under Studio 397's leadership.

So without further ado, check out these new preview images from the upcoming Formula E DLC for rFactor 2, due to land as early as next week...

rFactor 2 is a PC exclusive racing simulation available worldwide via the Steam network.

rF2 Formula E Preview 1.jpg
rF2 Formula E Preview 2.jpg

Check out the rFactor 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for all the latest news and discussion with regards to the simulation. You can take part in lively debates with fellow rFactor 2 fans and take part in some great Club and League racing events..! Head over to the forum now and share the love this simulation so very much deserves...

rF 2 Formula E Preview 4.png rF2 Formula E Preview 5.jpg rF2 Formula E Preview 6.jpg rF2 Formula E Preview 7.jpg

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Looking forward to trying these cars and track in rF2 soon? Let us know your thoughts below!

Last edited:
Looks great. Definitely interested.

Others on here have a good point though. Great work so far by Studio 397 but please guys spend some time on finishing the other parts of the game now.

Schedules change, things happen, that's fine but you risk annoying your fan base if you don't sort things like HUD, menu system soon.

What they've done so far is excellent though. They've breathed new life into a sim that was in danger of dying.

But the racing isn't good?

Well that's the one thing with a pc and sim racing you can make most things look more interesting than real life.
don't get me wrong i will also find it strange not to hear a traditional engine noise, but ill get over it..
And if they drive and have a quality feel like the USF2000 car, its a win win for sure.

i think the quality our racing might be as good if not better than real life.. as shown in some of our live streams recently. more often than not its the drivers than make it special not the car.

I think one problem is the cars are slow - its like watching the flintstones. You imagine the driver is pedalling the car. Where are the equivalents of Eau Rouge, Beckets, 190R etc? When I've watched it I've not understood how they can overtake each other so easily - I guess its energy management - but it doesn't look "right".

On topic - the screenies look good - a mile away from the version used for the televised races. DLC is all about choice and this isn't the DLC for me.

Good thing about simracing (or being the driver in real live) is that pretty much everything that can race against other thing is fun when you are inside it.

So you can have fun driving a F1, a Porsche gt3, a Mazda mx5 or a Mini or MCR2000 :)inlove:).

In that sense, anything they add (and as full series its pretty much better) would be fun to race (better online indeed).

But as always, everything has its flaws, and the (absence of) sound in FE is kinda :poop:, but maybe from the cockpit it sounds enough to be a good experience.

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 88 19.0%
  • €151-500

Votes: 123 26.6%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 80 17.3%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 41 8.9%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 46 9.9%
  • €3001-5000