Modding Questions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder if anyone can help me - I'm having a play to see if I'm any good at this so have gone for a conversion first, just to learn the tricks. I have the conversion looking pretty good in 3DSIMED but when I export into the kneditor everything looks white, bleached out, a bit blue. Like it's the middle of winter and there's a frost on anything. Should I change everything shader by shader or is there an ambient setting I should change to set everything in the right direction?

So, Background first... I think I have a smaller screen than other people and I like to run the cockpit camera pretty far forward with a high FOV. This is fine for all Kunos cars I've tried but for some mod cars the camera starts way to far back and the adjustment runs out of range before I get to where I want to be. I've looked into the .ini files and also played around with free cam. Free cam movements are way to sensitive for cockpit positioning and I tried turning that down but to no avail.

My last attempted to fix this is to try using quickbms and extract the data.acd file. I've found the camera.ini file for the car but cant figure out how to go back to making it all a data.acd file with quickbms. Will the camera.ini file allow me to fix my problem? Any tips on how I can make it all back into a data.acd???

There's no point making it a data.acd again, just delete the acd & use the mod without it. If you successfully rebuilt it it would fail online checks anyway and there are no other benefits of having an acd.

Another question, I'd like to play around with EDL setting and can't find any info on how to get it to work in the setup.ini file. I've had a stab at a few things but I'm just kind of making it up and don't know where to find these things out. Can anyone shed some light on how to do it? Or can you even do it???

Hello,
I would like to convert the old Silverstone version (2009) from rFactor to Assetto Corsa. It is my first proyect and I'm lost. I imported the scn file to 3dsimed and when I tried to export it in fbx format, it gave this error "encountered an improper argument". I don't know if it's the correct way to convert a track. Does anyone know any tutorial to convert tracks from rF to AC?

Thanks.

I forgot how to install mod in this game, can anyone help me ?
And how can I change my camera to the look that i can see the driver inside the cockpit ? (Sorry for my English)

I love to play with (onboard) cameras, in many many games. Mods like this one, that doesn't have "data" folder where you can find "car.ini" and "cameras.ini" files are, as far as I know, give us no possibility to modify any of the cams. Try press "F6", maybe one of the included onboard cams, beside regular cockpit, T-cam and chase will suit you.

Hi! I would suggest to create more filters to Assetto Corsa mods download. Skins mods have plus 1000 mods...
Sometimes it is a little complicate to find something.
Also for cars and tracks.
I suggest divide cars by type and/or level of detail.
Tracks also could be divided by type and/or level of detail.

But skins I think could be divided by car... maybe a sub-filter of car mods.

I know it is so much work to do, but it would be very good for order and managing of mods.

Thank you!

Can anyone help me?
The first and last frame match, but the wheel moves differently than the hand, and on 3ds max it's perfect (see full video)

In driver3d.ini you need to set the lock equal to your animation (seems to be 540 or 720 degrees?) If your car's lock is greater than that it'll loop the animation.

In driver3d.ini you need to set the lock equal to your animation (seems to be 540 or 720 degrees?) If your car's lock is greater than that it'll loop the animation.
Yeah, I already fixed that, should have posted here
Now I'm having another small problem, and I've tried EVERYTHING and cant fix it, at least it's a small problem
But thanks for the help anyways :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play