Modding Questions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
"App Questions!"
@Fernando Deutsch and Others (I know only fernando of those that created the apps :p)

Why is this:
def acUpdate(deltaT):
speed_self = ac.getCarState(0, "SpeedMPH")
ac.setText(speedo, str(speed_self)+"MPH")

Constantly outputting -1MPH

Ignore the above, it is fixed: Replaced "SpeedMPH" by acsys.CS.SpeedMPH and it worked.
Anyways, one more question, how can I get my entire app to be transparent?

Last edited:
ac.setBackgroundOpacity(appid, 0) - but AC automatically resets the main app window's opacity on every frame so you need to include it in the render function, like
(in acMain)
ac.addRenderCallback(app, onFormRender)

def onFormRender(deltaT):
ac.setBackgroundOpacity(app, 0)

hi how to reimport exported data.acd files ?
acdosyalar.png

hi guys one question is it possible to make a skin without the car template?
If you want a car with a solid color you only need to create a custom metal_details.dds. if you want something more complicated you need to create a carpaint.dds (this filename varies per car). You don't technically need a template, but without at least a dds to start from it would be difficult to get anything lined up with the body shape.

Eeek! Looks pretty scary to me. My photoshop version is too old for the .dds plugin to work so I'll have to try and download gimp and see if I can get anywhere. I tried something similar with a skin for GT Legends but gave up after several hours of confusion.
I agree that when you first start it's confusing. Just learning the oddities of gimp is a learning curve. It's not actually that bad once you get the hang of it. Some of the templates are more complicated than others, so it may help to look for a template with only a few layers.

Also, gimp doesn't appear to support "pass-through" layer groups, so you may need to take the layers out of their groups for them to combine correctly.

Hi, anyone who can help me understand how to decorate the rear wing and the upper strip of the windscreen on the AC Ferrari 458 GT2?

I really cant find those elements in the Carpaint_00.psd file...

Thanks a lot in advance!

G

New for Mods:I have purchased AC since it released, but never get any mods! A stupid question to ask in this forum, how can I start ?
go to the downloads section for assetto corsa either here on racedepartment or go to the various modding sections in the official forums. download them and find the directory for assetto corsa. enter the content folder, you put cars in the cars folder, tracks in the tracks folder and so on. and you are in for a treat, there are some awesome mods out there.

go to the downloads section for assetto corsa either here on racedepartment or go to the various modding sections in the official forums. download them and find the directory for assetto corsa. enter the content folder, you put cars in the cars folder, tracks in the tracks folder and so on. and you are in for a treat, there are some awesome mods out there.
Thanks a lot

Good morning to all; i have some questions; i am new to the forum, so forgive me if i use it not properly. I'm using AC version 1.1.6 on Windows 8. The questions are:
1 - Until some weeks ago, in race mode, the screen show a bottom line (TV style) with position and delta among the drivers, now it is disappeared. I've tried every option, graphic, general, session, but nothing happened.
2 - In the same period, the game began to show a strange big central mirror, in addition to the side ones in open-wheel cars, and to the central one in cars with interior. I can remove it only by turning off the mirrors in the graphics options.
3 - I read somewhere that one of the limitations of AC lies in the number of laps in the race, maximum 10. I have found that competing with "Corvette C7R" this limit is exceeded. Eg. Road America 26 laps, Watkins 100 laps , Blackwood 45 and so on. Does anyone know where this option is stored?
Tanx for any feedback.

3 - I read somewhere that one of the limitations of AC lies in the number of laps in the race, maximum 10. I have found that competing with "Corvette C7R" this limit is exceeded. Eg. Road America 26 laps, Watkins 100 laps , Blackwood 45 and so on. Does anyone know where this option is stored?
That's just old news (very old, like pre-release), the lap limit is 1 tank of fuel since there are no pitstops offline.

hi how to reimport exported data.acd files ? View attachment 101664

You really don't have to, you can just put it all in a folder called data and put it in the car file where you got the data.acd. If you really want to reimport them it's just the reverse of what you did to unpack them in quickbms, only you use the Assetto Corsa ACD Rebuilder script.

Unpacking a data.acd file:
Click on quickbms.exe and it will ask for the script file to use, so find the Assetto Corsa ACD Extractor.bms file and click on it. Then it will ask for the data.acd file so click on it, then it will ask where to put the files. So have an empty folder ready, click on it and hit save.

Packing it all back up again:
Now if you have unpacked the files it will be the same folder you unpacked them too, so change whatever you want in that folder keeping the same file names. Click on quickbms.exe and it will ask for the script file to use, so find the Assetto Corsa ACD Rebuilder.bms file and click on it. Then it will ask for the data.acd file so click on the same one you extracted the files from, then it will ask where to find the files you wish to put back in, so go to the folder you unpacked them too and hit save. After it's done you go into that folder and there will be a new folder called "carname" and inside that folder there is the rebuilt acd file, you just rename it to data.acd and your done.

You can get quickbms as well as the extractor and rebuilder scripts from here:

http://aluigi.altervista.org/quickbms.htm

Thanks to Luigi Auriemma.

Always do all this with a copy of the original file in case you mess things up.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back