Modding Questions Thread

'Guides' was an upload category in F1 2013.

When the categories were expanded from the few in the F1 2012 modding forum, this category was created for uploadable guides i.e documents like pdf files etc.

This category was removed, but AFAIK the Prefix for an upload was left behind (so it seems). By prefix I mean 'Skins'. 'Misc' thing like that. If you look in the F1 2013 download section, you can see that the 'Guides' category has gone. It wasn't used.

http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/resources/categories/f1-2013.68/

Creating a post in the modding forum and giving the prefix 'Guides' is much the same as someone creating a thread with the prefix 'Skins', then asking a question about skins in that thread.

As you know, no threads can be created in the F1 2013 mod forum, unless it is an actual mod release, no other threads are allowed there.

Your video (which can be added to the Video library for F1 2013), is a specific guide for modders. So the logical place for it, barring the forum rule mentioned above, is the modding questions sticky. A place where most people go to get info about modding.

There you have it ......

Cheers :)
Graham
Cheers

Hey everyone, anybody know the difference between the CTF files in a cars Balance folder and Track folder? So far Ive only edited things in the track folder and that's had a pretty big effect so whats the point in the balance folder?

Hey everyone, anybody know the difference between the CTF files in a cars Balance folder and Track folder? So far Ive only edited things in the track folder and that's had a pretty big effect so whats the point in the balance folder?
ctf files in track folder are for player, ctf files in balanced folder are for AI
AFAIK alter the ctf files in balanced folder will make some AI stronger/weaker (and also some factor for make the AI stronger/weaker than before). besides virtual performance, speed_in/speed_out etc in database.

ctf files in track folder are for player, ctf files in balanced folder are for AI
AFAIK alter the ctf files in balanced folder will make some AI stronger/weaker (and also some factor for make the AI stronger/weaker than before). besides virtual performance, speed_in/speed_out etc in database.
ahh ok, cheers :thumbsup:

ahh ok, cheers :thumbsup:
ah LOL. i missed something. :cautious:
i meant alter ctf files in balanced folder not only make the AI drive faster/weaker (because it depends to their performance value in ai_driver) but also the cars of the team (for both AI drivers in one team) itself faster/slower than before. tried by myself.
for example :
in my database, i change Williams to tier 1, and give them Ferrari's ctf files for both track & balanced. and also altered both performance of Williams' drivers. so they can fight for podium/race win or even WDC sometimes.
and some case, i've altered Hulkenberg's performance in database with aggression value 1, speed in/out 0,92, virtual performance 0,92. but i put Sauber in Tier 3 so Hulkie just only can fight in the middle.(9th to 15th)

ah LOL. i missed something. :cautious:
i meant alter ctf files in balanced folder not only make the AI drive faster/weaker (because it depends to their performance value in ai_driver) but also the cars of the team (for both AI drivers in one team) itself faster/slower than before. tried by myself.
for example :
in my database, i change Williams to tier 1, and give them Ferrari's ctf files for both track & balanced. and also altered both performance of Williams' drivers. so they can fight for podium/race win or even WDC sometimes.
and some case, i've altered Hulkenberg's performance in database with aggression value 1, speed in/out 0,92, virtual performance 0,92. but i put Sauber in Tier 3 so Hulkie just only can fight in the middle.(9th to 15th)
ahh ok thats great thanks, hey you wouldn't also know how to change a drivers team in the database would you, i was looking at Mr Pibbs f12014 database but i couldnt spot any differences :/

ahh ok thats great thanks, hey you wouldn't also know how to change a drivers team in the database would you, i was looking at Mr Pibbs f12014 database but i couldnt spot any differences :/
i'm honestly afraid (not afraid TBH. just don't want to change to) for moving the drivers like Raikkonen to Ferrari etc, so i've no experience for that. i just altering performance value, tyre wear, team's tier in my database and that's all. maybe some members can help you for that or you can see Luna's 2014 season or something like that.

Hi, I'm looking for chargingcar's Ultimate HD F1 Wheel Mod but he's link on the steam community update thread isn't working and I cant find it anywhere in RD forums, can anybody point me in the right direction please?

i'm honestly afraid (not afraid TBH. just don't want to change to) for moving the drivers like Raikkonen to Ferrari etc, so i've no experience for that. i just altering performance value, tyre wear, team's tier in my database and that's all. maybe some members can help you for that or you can see Luna's 2014 season or something like that.
fair enough, thanks for your help :)

Hey guys...

Haven t anybody thought of making their own flag, or putting your own country in the game?? If anybody knows how to insert their own flag in the nationality/region selection, or the name of their own country, can someone please tell me how or where to edit such file to be created and be shown at your own game that YOU can bring your own country in Formula 1, even just for the game.. It would be delightful for me to know, thanks!!

No need to repeat what you said above but in BOLD text. We can all read it perfectly well as normal text. :)

Post removed.

I'll merge your post into the modding questions sticky thread, someone there may be able to help you with flag editing.

As the post is now further up the thread, can anyone help @Abet Estavillo with his flag edit?

Last edited:
Hi, first of all, sorry for the english of Google traslate :poop:...

I have a question about changing the speed of the cars. I wish all cars had more top speed and acceleration, is this possible? I tried to edit the database.bin file using the Ego Database editor I found on this page, changing the power and the maximum speed of the cars, but did not work.

Anyone know what I could do and what tools would need, thanks.

Hi, first of all, sorry for the english of Google traslate :poop:...

I have a question about changing the speed of the cars. I wish all cars had more top speed and acceleration, is this possible? I tried to edit the database.bin file using the Ego Database editor I found on this page, changing the power and the maximum speed of the cars, but did not work.

Anyone know what I could do and what tools would need, thanks.
for top speed & acceleration (and some mechanical related) use EGO CTF Editor.

Is it possible to add a team into the game. I was thinking maybe putting all the values to hr2 in the database, creating the car folder to hr2... would it work?

[Quote = "Henky SA, publicar: 1687542, miembro: 160117"]. Para la velocidad máxima y la aceleración (y algunos relacionados mecánica) utiliza EGO CTF Editor [/ quote]
Yes, I have been testing with this editor, but I have not yet found a way to alter these values. I do not know what you changed tabs. Thanks anyway, and thanks for the mod of the new Sauber skin, is great. ;)

Yes, I have been testing with this editor, but I have not yet found a way to alter these values. I do not know what you changed tabs. Thanks anyway, and thanks for the mod of the new Sauber skin, is great. ;)
shame also i've no idea about calculating the values in CTF editor :p in database you can alter the max power but the performance of the car belongs to CTF files. so sorry i couldn't help you. hope some members here can help you further. :thumbsup:
and thanks BTW, cheers :thumbsup:
EDITED

can you make this camera?

Attachments

• 0.jpg
    0.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 204

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling