Modding Questions Thread

speed in, speed out, and virtual performance
Virtual performance does have no effect during on-track performance, I'm still sure about that.
Aggression also affects how late the AI will brake into a corner.
Reaction is an important value, too. You wouldn't want a good driver to have worse reaction on the track than a bad driver, would you?

Virtual performance does have no effect during on-track performance, I'm still sure about that.
Aggression also affects how late the AI will brake into a corner.
Reaction is an important value, too. You wouldn't want a good driver to have worse reaction on the track than a bad driver, would you?
For me v. perf. has the most effect

Ofcourse, you can edit agression, and control, but these 3 values had the most effect for me

Hey guys...

Haven t anybody thought of making their own flag, or putting your own country in the game?? If anybody knows how to insert their own flag in the nationality/region selection, or the name of their own country, can someone please tell me how or where to edit such file to be created and be shown at your own game that YOU can bring your own country in Formula 1, even just for the game.. It would be delightful for me to know, thanks!!

@w1n1x which chassis would be the best for trying to adapt your Dodge skin from 2012 to this game.
is00.png

I really liked it, so I wanna try getting it into my grid again.

Hi everyone!

I hope someone can help me. I'v changed with EGO CTF Editor all the F12013/cars/<car type>/track/<car type>_bahrain.ctf files, because i wanted to make faster the cars in the straight line. (I've changed the gear values to make 8 gears, and the engine_power_scale from 1 to about 1,22-1,25, but little bit different for all cars, like in the real cars).
The problem is that only me, who is faster after made this changes, the AI cars remains the same. I also changed the F12013/cars/<car type>/balanced/<car type>_bahrain.ctf files, but no changing).
Please tell me, what files should I change?

Thanks for the reply!

Last edited:
Playing multiplayer with 2014-mod and Ultimate Realism?

Is it even a possibility?

Is is so simple that if we both have the same mods added we can still play steam or is there something else to it? Or is it just the vanilla game that works online? I'm preparing for a LAN when easter comes.

Thankful for any help!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Guy,s
I keep getting asked for these guides and kept putting it off hoping it would just go away lol ,
I am no expert at extracting them , but within the video is the full extraction and import into Photoshop CS6 CC Extended ,
Which includes setting up the scene and all textures and lighting , the mclaren was not maybe the best car to go with , But I needed it anyway for another project ,
Hope that you guy,s find it useful :)

Voted yes, but can't see the video
Thats why was not too bothered about making it , they have a guides section for you to start a thread , then they move it to modding questions , where its not that useful unless you go through all the pages to find what you need , 3rd time thats happened , wont happen again , a waste of time :sleep:

Thats why was not too bothered about making it , they have a guides section for you to start a thread , then they move it to modding questions , where its not that useful unless you go through all the pages to find what you need , 3rd time thats happened , wont happen again , a waste of time :sleep:
There were guides in F1 2012... :unsure:

There were guides in F1 2012... :unsure:
I am not making anymore , placing it into this thread is not good at all , like in 2 months unless you go down and read all previous pages to find something which I have never done once myself then its pointless to have , I checked the threads first it said , Guides , to start a new thread , the video is a guide is it not ?

'Guides' was an upload category in F1 2013.

When the categories were expanded from the few in the F1 2012 modding forum, this category was created for uploadable guides i.e documents like pdf files etc.

This category was removed, but AFAIK the Prefix for an upload was left behind (so it seems). By prefix I mean 'Skins'. 'Misc' thing like that. If you look in the F1 2013 download section, you can see that the 'Guides' category has gone. It wasn't used.

http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/resources/categories/f1-2013.68/

Creating a post in the modding forum and giving the prefix 'Guides' is much the same as someone creating a thread with the prefix 'Skins', then asking a question about skins in that thread.

As you know, no threads can be created in the F1 2013 mod forum, unless it is an actual mod release, no other threads are allowed there.

Your video (which can be added to the Video library for F1 2013), is a specific guide for modders. So the logical place for it, barring the forum rule mentioned above, is the modding questions sticky. A place where most people go to get info about modding.

There you have it ......

Cheers :)
Graham

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play