Modding Programs / Modding Questions

I've done some work on Hakkinen helmet, I made the computer associates visor sticker myself, the only issue is that it doesn't show in game. I check how it looks by going career and take some screens when he gets in the car, but it still has the Force India visor sticker, what am I doing wrong?

I discovered, that it depends on the higtxt_(driver name).pssg / medtxt_(driver name).pssg files. In the cutscenes, F1 2011 will display the visor, which is part of "helmet_driver name_d.tga" in the higtxt.pssg / medtxt.pssg file.

Yes kind of applies to the helmet skins too.

You should be able to do a 4096 size for the high, but not a lot of point really doing 2048 for the low, just do that at 1024.

Adjusting image size is done on the edit tab in photoshop, simple as that.

I have a well trained mouse.....

:tongue:

Thanks for quick reply and the nice tips ;)
Yes, I'll be using PS and got everything I need, PSSG editor, DDS plugin, should be all I need really :)
It does look a bit complicated in the way the flat helmet image looks, so the different colours will certainly help.

Do you have a drawing pen/pad or just mouse skills?
How would you make a HD helmet, I know theres high/low res files, but do I create a bigger image in PS..?

Thanks again

EDIT:
Found some info about high/low/HD, would this apply to helmets as well? It was posted in the car editing tutorial topic.

Hi! Is it possible to edit the 3d? I want to add the missing yellow kerbs in monaco and south korea. I can open the tracks in 3dsimed 2.0. Is there any file like scn for rFactor? Would be great if you can help.

Thanks a lot for the mod! It's great.

I only think codemasters make the cams to low... it's hard to se the track. Anyone know how I can make this look more like it was in F12010? Is there any other mod that I can use in combination of this one? A slightly higher FOV will make it perfect!

IA agression and mistake problems and Safety car never out.

Hello everyone,

I address the problem of IA in response to multiple requests F12011 made ​​by gamers, can I have a search through the files of this game and I made small changes to make the games more attractive.

The requests came from the lack of error of IA and the limited release of the Safety Car.
To this end I have 2 Mod, exclusively for PC and I apologize for the PS3 and Xbox gamers can not modify files on the game consoles.

The HardCore Mod is in this mod the IA ​​will make more errors than in the basic version of F12011, but without being unplayable.

I want to thank Codemasters for the Games is very well done and I totally understand the reasons do not allow them to do well because he wants F1 heard Codemasters programmers are not fools and they know what they do.

Thank you again and leave us a F1 2012 showing all the world you can do a 2012 version that will silence all critics.

Before copying the files made ​​a backup of the original files.
This is only a test for private use.

New MOD online V0.7, Attention MOD BETA.

MOD specification.

Changing the aggressive AI cars parameters.
Increased mistakes for IA car.
Increased car DNF in race.

Increases the maximum number intervention for safety in some tracks.
Increase the probability for intervention safety car.

Change management contracts in the career.

Changing the probability of changing weather.
Increased chance of rain in the races.

And more changes I'm testing for the final version but not yet functioning.

NEW Link for This MOD V0.7: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LAGZC3U5

Video Mod version Beta 0.5 Singapour With Ferrari and 20% Race Legend and no assist

wow this is exactly the sort of mod I am looking for! your video shows a big improvement in on track events and safety car. Could you please upload this with installation instructions etc.

Thanks

To install this mod,Just extract The files on F1 2011 directory game. Backup original files for security. Thus mod it's not finish The modifications affect IA and Safety car comportement but i want more modifications and version 1.0 it's not finish. Tanks to follow this Mod.

Senna / Ricciardo MENU Faces & Helmets

feel free to use these in your mads, but please give me credit:

http://jumbofiles.com/hpa0sdpemllx

sennaricciardo.jpg

To install this mod,Just extract The files on F1 2011 directory game. Backup original files for security. Thus mod it's not finish The modifications affect IA and Safety car comportement but i want more modifications and version 1.0 it's not finish. Tanks to follow this Mod.

I will follow this mod with much interest. The AI making mistakes more often through your mod has convinced me to move to the PC version.

Does your Mod increase mistakes from AI AND increase the chance of a safety car? What other modifications do you think will be in 1.0?

No idea what the hell this mod is eventhough it says AI mod and the youtube video why ? Why show us the link to teh video? What is in the video? All i saw was you driving around.

Very nice mod. Thanks for that! But, can you please tell me what is modified in the database? Because I have moded the DB and I want to make the changes in my own. Thanks!

This mod changes many settings in the game and it increases the difficulty, I will post a second video tomorrow to compare the games with and without the mod. Explain any changes would be too long for the moment but more informations will be available when the mod release in version 1.0 thank you for your comments.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.