Mod work continues

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still dont get the point of the debate. If the Morgan is too fast, then lets give that car to the lowest ranked team of last year and give the fastest car to the highest ranked team, then everybody is happy :)

I absolutely agree with Bram in that point, and the choosing order is a kind of "weight penalty" to balance the series. But I also think that if the diference is too much we have to fix it and make all the cars more or less in the same performance. There will be alwyas a better car and a worse one.

I don't agree, if 1 or 2 cars stand realy out you have to change them.
Even if you give these 2 to the last 2 teams of last year the team on 3th last has an unfair disadvantage.
These teams also fight against eachother and those fights should be as fair and close as possibel.

Good to hear the minudump issue beeing tracked down. Great work guys.

@ Gregory, Lee was only sharing some info that a few of us from Flatout have been testing over the last week round Barcelona 03. And his lap times are like everyone here at Flatout, 1 second quicker in the Seat and Morgan than any other car.

My times below:

Morgan: 1:42.612
Seat: 1:42.915
Mustang: 1:43.716
Vertigo: 1:43.830
Aston Martin: 1:44.210

np...

there is enough cars who is also faster than the Morgan and the Supra...!!!! ;)

I still dont get the point of the debate. If the Morgan is too fast, then lets give that car to the lowest ranked team of last year and give the fastest car to the highest ranked team, then everybody is happy :)

+1 on this one, like i said already so what if there are a couple of cars that are quicker/better/easier than the others, they will be snapped up by the teams that need them most, the same teams that last season were 4 or 5 seconds off the midfield pace per lap so what difference is one second going to make? The argument about these teams needing to fight against each other is bull, these teams will still be fighting with each other but now they will be able to do it a bit closer to the rest of the pack and maybe with the added incentive of a better car then just maybe they will find it easier to field 2 drivers each week.

So i think it would be sad if the stc management bent under the pressure to change these cars, keep the sportsmanship going and leave them as they are please.

+1 on this one, like i said already so what if there are a couple of cars that are quicker/better/easier than the others, they will be snapped up by the teams that need them most, the same teams that last season were 4 or 5 seconds off the midfield pace per lap so what difference is one second going to make? The argument about these teams needing to fight against each other is bull, these teams will still be fighting with each other but now they will be able to do it a bit closer to the rest of the pack and maybe with the added incentive of a better car then just maybe they will find it easier to field 2 drivers each week.

So i think it would be sad if the stc management bent under the pressure to change these cars, keep the sportsmanship going and leave them as they are please.

Well do what you want, we can choose second anyway.
But our team won't be the same as last year and neither will ANE as they now joined with Degen.

Well, I think Tom's point is very logical in this matter... is not a problem if the cars have a decreasing curve of performance, is just like in real life, but has to be progressive and the differences have to be small. This way, let's say, the last team has -0.2 car than the next one, that has -0.2 to the next one... but we can't make two cars much faster than the others, because the team who is on the other side of the gap (3rd team in this case) has a disadventage with his direct rivals. I think Tom is right in this.

That's why we will reduce the Morgan and Cupra performance a bit, to be sure they are closer to the rest.

Well, I think Tom's point is very logical in this matter... is not a problem if the cars have a decreasing curve of performance, is just like in real life, but has to be progressive and the differences have to be small. This way, let's say, the last team has -0.2 car than the next one, that has -0.2 to the next one... but we can't make two cars much faster than the others, because the team who is on the other side of the gap (3rd team in this case) has a disadventage with his direct rivals. I think Tom is right in this.

That's why we will reduce the Morgan and Cupra performance a bit, to be sure they are closer to the rest.

Thats is exactly my point. Thx Xosé.

• Roland Ehnström

I may be a bit late, but I can now confirm that the Morgan and (to a lesser extent) the Seat are way faster and overall way better than all the other cars in the mod.

At Bahrain, for me the Morgan is 1.5 seconds faster than the third fastest car (no, I'm not gonna tell you which one I think is the third fastest car in the mod!), and the Seat is at least 1 second faster than the third fastest car. The Morgan is also very easy to drive and has the lowest fuel consumption of all cars in the mod.

So, if the aim is to have a progressive spread (each car one or two tenths slower than the next), a quick solution would be to give the Morgan around 60-70 kg extra mass, and the Seat 40-50 kg.

• Roland Ehnström

Gregory, Trois Rivieres is a very different track from Bahrain or Barcelona, so it isn't surprising you've come to different conclusions than me and the Flatout team.

• Darren Gardner

I just went to download the mod 1.10 and got this message

STC DOWNLOAD LIMIT REACHED

AnErace

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back